The mindful MFW: A healthy, happy journey to a mortgage free life!

Comments

• Making yoghurt? In the slow cooker?
    Wish heads away from reading diaries to consult the oracle of all things crafty.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • I used to make it in the airing cupboard... sometimes successfully, mostly not!!!
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2017 at 9:03PM
    It is looking yoghurty! Thin, but definitely yoghurt rather than milk! :j

Had a really nice evening - a delicious dinner, with great company. Stuck to pre-paid voucher so only £2.50 spent on service from personal account, and £19 refund from buying friend's voucher. Will definitely keep an eye out for more deals there.

Before dinner I collected Sylvanians that we ordered for DD2's Christmas present and also found some of the more elusive Shopm!um freebies. £2.98 worth of refunds submitted and receipts snapped. ETA: An extra £1.19 refunded, probably due to referral bonus :j!

£3.63 to add to the grocery bill for two packs of sandwich fillings and bread.

£3.85 claimed via tcb and sent to mortgage account ready for OP.

Wedding invite declined and now to hang out one load before bed. Night all!

MW x
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • The flexible working application is in! :j

Hopefully one step closer towards a more balanced life. Even if it is declined, I have at least articulated my needs and thought about how to achieve a healthier work-life balance. The rest is out of my hands.
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
  • Hope it goes well for you.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Thanks wish, I hope so too. Will be 3-4 weeks I guess before I know for sure, but will definitely keep you updated.

In other news…

Finally addressed a serious underwear shortage with a 5 minute detour to M&S on the way to work this morning. Used vouchers had been given for complaining, so for the price of NOTHING I now have a fully stocked pants drawer. Awesome :rotfl:!

Greetings cards mostly bought with student disc0unt from P@perchase, plus signed up to get 15% off next order and a free five pound giftcard on my birthday. :D £10 from budget, still need to get some thank you cards though.

Receipts snapped and shared and whole family had packed lunches today. Weird yoghurt and whey concoction in fridge ready for working out how to use…

Recording a £1 pocket money spend for a coffee at work.

This weekend:

· Send cards
    · Finish mail survey training
    · Reply regarding museum visits
    · Claim museum entrance fees back (£27)
    · Get OH to get bike ready for Cycle to Work day on Weds
    · Collect 3 x boots from cobblers (£12 to pay)
    · Collect dress from dressmaker (£15 to pay)
    · Collect Xmas gift DS (£11/£50 budget)
    · Stock up on cheap snacks from Mr T using Check0utSmart
    · Update grocery budget
    · Check in with house account
    · Chase ch!ld benefit
    · Make mortgage OP with surplus balance in mortgage current account
    · Lunch/coffee with friend
    · Time with kids
    · R&R
  • Looking good!! Remember you can use yoghurt as a base for sauce mixes too....I make all sorts of sauces for pasta, meat etc using creme fraiche, Greek yogurt, natural yoghurt, whatever is in the fridge. Your homemade stuff could be ideal!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The flexible working application is in! :j

Hopefully one step closer towards a more balanced life. Even if it is declined, I have at least articulated my needs and thought about how to achieve a healthier work-life balance. The rest is out of my hands.

The very best of luck MW, will keep my trotters crossed for you :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Thanks Better, its a bit grainy so kids might be funny about it but I'll have some for breakfast tomorrow :D.

Thanks too PP, will keep you updated.

Terrible night yesterday, ended up until 2am. DD1 had a bad day at school and got her cleaning cloth wedged in her flute so a lot of drama, angry tears and a list of all the things I have neglected to do for her in the last few weeks.

Good news is OH got cloth out today (after I spent time ringing round flute fixers but at least we didn't have that unexpected expense!); I have 2 school skirts to collect for her from M&S on Monday (free with some more of voucher got for complaining) :money:; and her new grade 5 flute book has just arrived from Am@zon prime (paid with voucher credit already on account). DD1 is much happier, especially as I gave her a congrats card for her merit on her last flute exam and put £10 in her account (not budgeted for).

One of the things that is getting me down is my weight gain due to medication, I wore something to work yesterday that made me feel fat and scruffy. Saw a few things online I like that should work now and due to style also when lose weight, but haven't budgeted for so need to think a bit longer about it.

Ch!ld benefit appears to have hit account, is more than usual and also earlier so am hoping its the back payment :j! It's also £60ish more than I guestimated which is great news.

Boots collected from cobblers, three pairs now ready for winter and £11.85 outstanding cost settled (from budget).

I also collected some kiddie snacks to test for panel, which tried after dinner, and a free reusable coffee cup that got from buying two packs of biscuits from Waitr0se last month. It's so much nicer than I imagined, costs £15 to buy :eek: and its bright yellow lid and grip has made me very happy :D.

Met friend for lunch, £10 from personal account for yummy vegan tapas, and an £8 Mr T shop for basics on the way back. Shocked by how much bread and milk we're getting through right now!

Had some 1:1 time with DS this afternoon playing in his room too. Just relaxing together now before bedtime/ meeting a friend for a drink.

Did some of the mail training whilst couldn't sleep last night so just need to prepare my first test parcels for sending this week.

Considering how awful I felt last night today has been a good day. I've also hit 10k steps thanks to all the errands, which is great for me for a weekend.
  • I hear your pain on the weight gain and I hope you didn't absorb ALL of your DD's angst.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure