Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• juliat20
    juliat20 Posts: 36 Forumite
    mrslambert wrote: »
    Just heard back from IFA and he said waiting for docs to be assessed & will let me know as soon as he hears anything. I will have no hair left by the end of this - the suspense is awful!!!

Keep us updated, fingers crossed you'll have an update soon. :)
  • mrslambert wrote: »
    It is such a waiting game!! We are living in my parents house (not with them as they live abroad) but after nearly seven years of never owning our own home and the last four years in this house, it is now hopefully our time to own our own home!!!

I keep checking my phone, emails and bank statements to see if valuation fee has been taken but nothing!! No date for valuation either!!

Do you think it is cheeky to message or email our IFA to see if he has heard anything?

Not cheeky at all. That's what you pay them for. I'd be phoning every day!
  • Communication is proving the most difficult thing for us. We're using London and Country as our broker, and whilst they seem to get the job done in the background, getting hold of our Advisor and Case Manager is pretty much impossible - not once has anybody answered our phone calls. Terrible customer service!
  • Communication is proving the most difficult thing for us. We're using London and Country as our broker, and whilst they seem to get the job done in the background, getting hold of our Advisor and Case Manager is pretty much impossible - not once has anybody answered our phone calls. Terrible customer service!

Sorry to hear this! It is so annoying when all you want to do is know what is going on!! Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We've gone with Taylor Wimpey. Really good site. Not crowded at all.

There were a few left but the one we got was out of the way. A couple came in to ask about it whilst we were reserving it so quite lucky really!
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Communication is proving the most difficult thing for us. We're using London and Country as our broker, and whilst they seem to get the job done in the background, getting hold of our Advisor and Case Manager is pretty much impossible - not once has anybody answered our phone calls. Terrible customer service!

Hi

We are using L & C. Getting them on the phone is almost impossible. But we email them. We have never waited longer than an hour for email reply.
  • Thanks mrslambert - yeah, it's the being in the dark that's the hardest part!

We've just had an update this afternoon saying that Virgin are asking for a couple more documents - my last two year's SA302s and corresponding bank statement for proof of my partner's salary. I was surprised they hadn't requested both SA302s yet so I was half expecting this. Everything's been immediately sent over to them so hopefully things will progress without too much of a holdup.

set - glad you're at least getting prompt replies via email; we've not been so lucky on that front either sadly!
  • mrsbigz
    mrsbigz Posts: 30 Forumite
    ...............argh...............still waiting!!!!!!
  • JamesN wrote: »
    We've gone with Taylor Wimpey. Really good site. Not crowded at all.

There were a few left but the one we got was out of the way. A couple came in to ask about it whilst we were reserving it so quite lucky really!

That is great!! Some of the new build developments can be very overcrowded. Obviously meant to be for you with reserving just at the right time!

I am loving the whole new build and hopefully walking into our brand new home and not having to clean up anyones mess!! My husband is a builder, but he works long hours and often away from home so we knew we just didn't have the time for a doer upper.

Really hope one of us has some good news to share by the end of the week :)
  • 8-of-us
    8-of-us Posts: 157 Forumite
    Its here!
    A bit soggy in the rain but mortgage offer is here and all looks good (1 point about the conservatory not having doors into the kitchen??)
    But valuation is spot on, no retained amount either so having a good high feeling here (hope it lasts)

Sending positive vibes to everyone waiting :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge - #462
    I used the Thanks button as a Like button too :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback