Together Energy?

Comments

• meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2018 at 10:22AM
    Well I had my complaint to the Ombudsman upheld on all my points - £75 credited to my account as well, written apology, old account closed down and final bill issued (nearly 5 months later), new account payments reverted to that originally agreed. All good.

Has any of this ACTUALLY happened? No, of course not, so it's back to the Ombudsman tomorrow as that's when the 14 days they had to implement all this expires.

Shambles of a company. It's a shame really as it all started off so well.

EDIT: OK, on THE LAST DAY I received a letter from "The Resolutions Team" at Together basically reiterating verbatim what the Ombudsman told me they were telling Together to do.

I still do not see any sign that any of it has been actioned.

I phoned in and yes, nothing appears to have been done (even though the letter is dated 10 days ago!).

The representative said they would go back to the resolution team to get it sorted.

So in one final blast of goodwill I've told her that if I don't hear anything postive back (with proof) by close of business on Tuesday then it's back to the ombudsman I go.

I'll stick with them until the fixed tariff is over as it's by far the cheapest for me, but after that, I'm off.
  • Together Energy have been a nightmare right from the get go. First - no welcome pack or confirmation of the switch - I emailed a number of times chasing this, but e-mailing Together Energy is a fruitless exercise. Eventually, two days before my switch date and a number of phonecalls later, I got my welcome pack.

Second, the meter reads. My switch date was 28th December 2017. Despite trying to log in and provide reads, there online 'portal' didn't work. So I phoned and provided them, and sent an email confirmation.

Then in January they finally fixed their online portal and asked for that month's reads. However I immediately noticed that my previous (i.e. opening reads) were at 00000 for both my day and night meters. Again, I e-mailed them. Again, no response. Again, multiple phonecalls. Eventually spoke to a member of staff about my complaint and he assured me that he would personally ensure my opening reads were loaded on to my portal and that the situation would be corrected.

But - he mixed the readings up. He logged the DAY as the NIGHT reading and vice versa. Cue my old supplier (who had been supplied with my correct opening reads from Together Energy on 28th December 2017), stupidly accepting the mixed up readings and chasing me for over £180. Together Energy accepted their blunder and said they would fixed it.

Well, a month later and I'm still waiting.

To sum up, it is evident to me that Together Energy have neither the infrastructure nor ability to adequately service their customers. I think it won't be long before the relevant regulators intervene and ban them from taking on new customers until they sort themselves out.

I'm planning to switch to a new supplier as soon as they sort this current farce. I'm afraid they will have to whistle for their £30 early exit fee as I have no intention of paying it. I'd rather pay more for better service that stick with amateurish companies such as this.
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well, having had a reasonable couple of months and they seem to be sorted out .... no request for meter reads in April, submitted them via their portal anyway. They seem to have been accepted as I can see what I submitted as the latest reads BUT have they produced a bill or an updated statement - NO ! I really don't know whats going on with them. They havn't actually cost me anything in cash but I don't have any confidence in them at all.

Is anyone have a trouble free experience???
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174
    Forumite
    Its no better if your supplier rejects their opening reads, as mine did.

My old supplier did not receive a response from Together Energy, so went with the revised reads, but Together Energy didn't - resulting in my being double charged.

In trying to fix it, to get it refunded, my old supplier has again hit a brick wall in trying to get a response from Together, the same as I have in my complaints to them. I'm 11 days from being able to escalate my complaint to the ombudsman. Fortunately, next month, my contract with Together ends and I'm free to switch - no matter what price they offer, I wont be going to Together again!

I totally agree with your conclusion - they are failing completely and should be avoided at all cost!
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Fromply, I have exactly the same problem. Do let us know whether you get anywhere. I have been double charged for a small amount. I would let it go, but it irritates the hell out of me as they are so incompetent.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174
    Forumite
    I sure will do Hoof Hearted. I dont see it being resolved particularly quickly though - next Thursday mark 8 weeks since my complaint and when I can escalate to the ombudsman - I don't see that going through particularly quickly (but not sure how quickly they act).

The latest saga from them .....
    End of April: I provided them with my regular monthly meter read.
    Wednesday: Automated Email received saying that April Bills were now available
    Thursday: I logged in, no April bill (I'm not surprised any more)
    Friday: Email from Together, to the effect of: "Oops we forgot to use meter readings provided by our customers this month. New bills available from 11am Monday"
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195
    Forumite
    Fromply wrote: »
    The latest saga from them .....
    End of April: I provided them with my regular monthly meter read.
    Wednesday: Automated Email received saying that April Bills were now available
    Thursday: I logged in, no April bill (I'm not surprised any more)
    Friday: Email from Together, to the effect of: "Oops we forgot to use meter readings provided by our customers this month. New bills available from 11am Monday"
    re Latest Saga from them ...
    I've got exactly the same situation.... what a shower!!!
  • meherenow
    A week now since I phoned them and was told they were going to sort it all out.

My goodwill is at an end now, back to the ombudsman it goes...
  • robj20
    robj20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Finally got mine sorted. In the end i asked about sending them my opening bill from Bulb would be enough for them to issue me with my final bill and they did. Got my refund for about £160 and deleted my direct debits. Thank god thats done with.
    Probably the worst company i have ever dealt with, and not just for energy.
  • meherenow
    Still NOTHING doing on my account - 5 and a half months later and they are still billing me for my previous address and I cannot access anything for my new address - despite giving them a new email address 4 weeks ago so they could set up a new online portal.

Writing back to the ombudsman again, although what good is this if they cannot enforce their own decisions?

Nonsense.

I suppose I should console myself that I had the foresight to cancel the Direct Debits otherwise I would now be several hundreds of pounds out of pocket and having to chase that!

As it is when the billing debacle gets sorted out I'm only going to owe them a small amount given what they have already erroneously taken.

Time this lot were referred to OFGEM?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport