DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• Just out of interest while we are talking about court action, would courts need to see proof of things like income if it did go that far? I know I don't need to send pay slips etc. to dcas if they ask but would I need to show a court?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,647
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Just out of interest while we are talking about court action, would courts need to see proof of things like income if it did go that far? I know I don't need to send pay slips etc. to dcas if they ask but would I need to show a court?

You would fill in an income and expenditure form, and sign it to say it is a true reflection of your situation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    You would fill in an income and expenditure form, and sign it to say it is a true reflection of your situation.

That's interesting, thanks :)
  • What sort of f&fs do you think I could get on £489 (motormile) & £589 (arc)? Also do I need to wait for Very to pass my account onto someone other than NCO before it will get defaulted?
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • Anniee88 wrote: »
    This morning I sent my letters to all my creditors (6) a mix of 2 store cards, 2 overdrafts and 2 credit cards. I also received my first default from NEXT, they were very quick to default my account within one month of my first missed payment, which is good because I want them all to default me. What makes a company apply for a CCJ? My most expensive debt is 4300 and the others are £2000 or less, would they be less likely to go to court if it’s a low amount?

I think it depends on the company and how you address the default rather than the balance of the account.

Back in my youth, I ignored a phone bill from Vodafone and they applied for a CCJ over the matter of £75

6 years ago I entered a DMP and one of the accounts with HSBC was for £20k - because I was making regular (albeit small) payments, they defaulted me but were happy enough to avoid taking any further payment
    August 2011 - Total Debts - £47,352.12
    November 2018 - Total Debts - £0:beer:
  • Hi all

I've just had a call from PRA Group wanting to discuss my Barclaycard debt with them. They asked for personal information to confirm it was me and I politely told them I don't give out personal information over the phone.

They are updating their system and will write instead.

I agree that PRA seems to have bought a bulk of debt so wonder if they offer good F&F's hmmmm
  • Hi all
    I am very new to this and my first DMP payment to StepChange is on 1st Feb. I received a letter today from Lloyds for the loan I have (which is the biggest amount of all my creditors) and they confirmed they would not be stopping charges or freezing interest. I am now panicking as two others are not freezing interest or stopping charges either so I am now thinking that I will end up with a huge amount of more debt than what I started with. Has this happened to anyone before where half your creditors are refusing to freeze interest or stop charges; and if so what is the best way to proceed?
    Any advice would be welcome.
    I also have three of the creditors asking me to complete an income and expenditure form but SC has already sent this to all of my creditors so I am not sure if I am supposed to be completing these forms or not?
    I am maybe just panicking as all of this is so new but it worries me that the interest and charges are not going to be frozen.
  • Hi All

I have sent holding letters to all creditors and my I and E is about ready to go. Several people have mentioned saving for an emergency fund by not paying/making token payments for a couple of months. My question is, could I send I and E plus offer letters, but say it will commence 1st April? I want to get this sorted but don’t want to be skint and end up struggling in the meantime. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    CallyJen wrote: »
    Hi All

I have sent holding letters to all creditors and my I and E is about ready to go. Several people have mentioned saving for an emergency fund by not paying/making token payments for a couple of months. My question is, could I send I and E plus offer letters, but say it will commence 1st April? I want to get this sorted but don’t want to be skint and end up struggling in the meantime. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Hi CallyJen

I sent my offer letters with my I&E but I added to the letter that due to car repairs and high vet bills I will be paying £1.00 token payments for x amount of months. All were fine about it too. I also added that all correspondence should be in writing from now on. I would not discuss anything over the phone. So far so good.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    CallyJen wrote: »
    Hi All

Just write to creditors advising you are enclosing your I&E and that you will be paying them token payments of £1 per month (if that's the amount you want your token payments to be) and from April (or whenever) you will pay them £xx.xx (whatever the amount you will pay each debt).

Do not feel you need to find a reason for making token payments - I didn't - just tell them.

Make sure you tell them in the letter you do not give them permission to contact you by phone and that all communication should be by letter.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure