~Make upto £10 a day challenge January 2018~

Comments

• QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    shariann wrote: »
    Ooh. I have just had a slots win paid out. Profit of £180 so total now

£330.42

Can't believe I have passed my target on day 3! If only I could do that every month!!!

:T:j

So exciting! I keep wishing I will suddenly get a nice chunk in from somewhere..I can dream, but in the meantime I will keep plugging away!

You should definitely be able to pay that debt off this month :D
    2024 decluttering: 6,865 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 18/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    QueenJess wrote: »
    :T:j

So exciting! I keep wishing I will suddenly get a nice chunk in from somewhere..I can dream, but in the meantime I will keep plugging away!

You should definitely be able to pay that debt off this month :D

Thank you. Hope the baby is feeling better xx
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • Sorry I haven't been here much, although I did say early in the month that I wouldn't be joining in the challenge as such while we are in a frenzy of emptying (pigs might fly eh?:rotfl:) the house ready for the building/electrical onslaught. Moving stuff is one thing but finding the time to sell any of it is another. The charity shops have had a bonanza this past week.

I was hoping a lot of last year's misery was behind us and I was really approaching 2018 with a kickass 'onwards and upwards' attitude:j. Sadly have been hit with a major blow in that SIL phoned me on Tuesday to say my DB has stage 4 cancer. Spread from his bladder (for which he was being treated) to his lung. No possibility of removing the lung and radiotherapy not an option. Just going to have to rely on chemo. The consultant has given him 'months'. We hadn't been particularly close in recent years (physical distance more than anything else) but it came as a lightning bolt all the same. Needless to say I have slowed down considerably on my clearing/sorting which I really can't afford to do. He lives about 300 miles from us and as soon as my cold clears up I'm going to see him. At the minute he can do without anyone passing on infections to him.

Well done everyone who has got 2018 off to a great money-making start:T:beer:

Specially for newbies (and a warm welcome to you:beer:) I'd like to echo what Lynne and QueenJess said:

lynnejk wrote: »
    Good luck with the challenge. Don't forget to read all Aesop's wonderful hints and tips and please ask if you need any help.
    Lx
    Don't worry...... It is a bit of a rollercoaster and I do generally find you will suddenly make a load and then nothing for days. Keep going as I am always surprised by how much all these little bits and pieces add up to by the end of the month. :)

QueenJess Sorry to hear baby has been ill but great to hear that things are improving:)

Have a good weekend, everyone. Take care.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Carbootcrazy hugs to you and your brother.

What awful news.

Sorry about all the rewiring etc that you are going through

I need to up my income for next few months. We are really going to struggle as got sil engagement in Feb, stepdaughter wedding in March up north. That is a lot of travelling money and outlay on clothes etc.
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Sorry I haven't been here much, although I did say early in the month that I wouldn't be joining in the challenge as such while we are in a frenzy of emptying (pigs might fly eh?:rotfl:) the house ready for the building/electrical onslaught. Moving stuff is one thing but finding the time to sell any of it is another. The charity shops have had a bonanza this past week.

I was hoping a lot of last year's misery was behind us and I was really approaching 2018 with a kickass 'onwards and upwards' attitude:j. Sadly have been hit with a major blow in that SIL phoned me on Tuesday to say my DB has stage 4 cancer. Spread from his bladder (for which he was being treated) to his lung. No possibility of removing the lung and radiotherapy not an option. Just going to have to rely on chemo. The consultant has given him 'months'. We hadn't been particularly close in recent years (physical distance more than anything else) but it came as a lightning bolt all the same. Needless to say I have slowed down considerably on my clearing/sorting which I really can't afford to do. He lives about 300 miles from us and as soon as my cold clears up I'm going to see him. At the minute he can do without anyone passing on infections to him.

Well done everyone who has got 2018 off to a great money-making start:T:beer:

Specially for newbies (and a warm welcome to you:beer:) I'd like to echo what Lynne and QueenJess said:

QueenJess Sorry to hear baby has been ill but great to hear that things are improving:)

Have a good weekend, everyone. Take care.

So sorry to read you news- sending the biggest of hugs. Cancer has touched my family too and if you want to chat anytime please do PM me.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Few bits to add- I seem to have got off to a good start this month then gone to pot!! Must up my game...

£2 from Facebook sale
    £4.28 from Topcashback

Have just listed a few things on Facebook so fingers crossed for some more sales shortly.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry I haven't been here much, although I did say early in the month that I wouldn't be joining in the challenge as such while we are in a frenzy of emptying (pigs might fly eh?:rotfl:) the house ready for the building/electrical onslaught. Moving stuff is one thing but finding the time to sell any of it is another. The charity shops have had a bonanza this past week.

I was hoping a lot of last year's misery was behind us and I was really approaching 2018 with a kickass 'onwards and upwards' attitude:j. Sadly have been hit with a major blow in that SIL phoned me on Tuesday to say my DB has stage 4 cancer. Spread from his bladder (for which he was being treated) to his lung. No possibility of removing the lung and radiotherapy not an option. Just going to have to rely on chemo. The consultant has given him 'months'........
    Soo sorry to read about your brother (hugs) It's doubly difficult when there is a physical distance betwixt you as well, even though you can't actually do anything, obviously you want to be able to support him. I do hope that you manage to work things out to visit and sending some 'stay strong vibes'.

It's 'sod's law' that it all arrives at once eh. Just hoping you manage to get the leccy/building stuff sorted without too much aggravation. Did you manage to get some gas heating and cooking sorted as a temp solution ? Just wish we were a bit nearer to offer some RL help with all this. PM me if you want.

Hope you manage to get the funds rolling in Aesop. Sounds like an expensive few months ahead of you. Are you any nearer to moving house yet or is that on hold atm ?

Well done all the money-makers so far this month :T :T

Don't get despondent if things are a bit slow atm as it's only six days into the month. As Jess said, often it's just a matter of keeping on keeping on and things do move forward - often when you least expect. Keep your eyes and brain on money-making and it does happen :D

Laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • 2018saver
    2018saver Posts: 50 Forumite
    £125 made from gumtr** sale
    170/310
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    I've cashed out from them 2-3 x and now not quite halfway through the last £40 one before it drops to £25. I do remember the surveys disappear close to the end with about a pound or so to go, but if you keep checking they do come back again. I thought I read somewhere it is because it takes them 5 days or so to validate on their side before you get to cash out (and then of course it takes them 28 days to do that), but not sure where I read that or if that is true!

I vaguely recall it took a couple of weeks to get the last pound.

I just got to £40 over Christmas, was stuck on £39 for ages, then got a £1 survey appear in my list, so managed to get that. Glad it's now £25
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So sorry to hear you have had more bad news CBC. Sometimes it just feels like the world is against you doesn't it. Much love to you and your brother and all the family and hope you are able to visit soon.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills