Good quality bed sheets and cases

Our last set of pillow cases were from John Lewis, 800tc Egyptian cotton and they were lovely but now need some new ones as they are showing their wear.
New cases and fitted sheet are coming to over £180 from John Lewis and I cant help but think like most things there are equal quality ones out there but at a more reasonable cost.
Can anyone recommend somewhere?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have a look on Soak & Sleep.

Trouble is I think you pay for quality so if you want something that lasts then dont go cheap.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972 wrote: »
    Have a look on Soak & Sleep.

Trouble is I think you pay for quality so if you want something that lasts then dont go cheap.
    Without a doubt and they truly have been the best we have ever had, but I'm also very conscious that with JL, HoF etc. you are always paying a premium for the name not just the quality which is why I was hoping that quality can be found elsewhere.
  • sarah1972
    Without a doubt and they truly have been the best we have ever had, but I'm also very conscious that with JL, HoF etc. you are always paying a premium for the name not just the quality which is why I was hoping that quality can be found elsewhere.

Did you have a look on Soak & Sleep? They regularly have sales/promo's
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Tealblue wrote: »

Thanks. Irony of this article is the highest thread count got the highest score. I know TC isn't everything but at present is the only way guess quality without testing every product.
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Did you have a look on Soak & Sleep? They regularly have sales/promo's

Just had a look, not bad especially as they have 30% of over £85 spend. Was looking at the 600TC egyptian cotton collection.
  • sarah1972
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:39PM
    Thanks. Irony of this article is the highest thread count got the highest score. I know TC isn't everything but at present is the only way guess quality without testing every product.

Just had a look, not bad especially as they have 30% of over £85 spend. Was looking at the 600TC egyptian cotton collection.

The one you are looking at, I have. Its a silky sateen finish. I personally prefer the crisp finish if you know what I mean.

I only ever buy egyptian cotton 600tc or over if I can.

I often buy from Soak & Sleep when they have offers on.
    The one you are looking at, I have. Its a silky sateen finish. I personally prefer the crisp finish if you know what I mean.

I only ever buy egyptian cotton 600tc or over if I can.

I often buy from Soak & Sleep when they have offers on.

I would probably say they ones we currently have are more of a crisp finish. Any recommendations on what to get based on your experience?
  • sarah1972
    edited 29 November 2017 at 1:15PM
    I would probably say they ones we currently have are more of a crisp finish. Any recommendations on what to get based on your experience?

Its not sateeny really, just sort of soft (hard to describe)
    I dont overly mind the sateen finish although I prefer crisp but I know that some people hate it.

Looks like they dont do mine anymore as anything over 200TC in egyptian cotton seems to be a silky finish.

This looks nice although not egyptian cotton https://www.soakandsleep.com/luxury-texture-bed-linen.html

I have jut checked and I also have their classic 200TC sets on a spare bed and they are actually really nice quality aswell and more crisp than soft.

Do you have a soak & sleep shop near you? You could pop in and have a look.

I didnt need anymore bedding but ........
    I have just gone totally against my usual 600TC and ordered Classic Egyptian 200TC in Oyster. King size cover, 2 large pillow cases and deep fitted king size sheet for £64.75 with the discount.

I am getting to a certain age where I wake up hot so I am going to try a lighter crisper cover !

I also like the tie closures they have on some of their covers.
    Its not sateeny really, just sort of soft (hard to describe)
    I dont overly mind the sateen finish although I prefer crisp but I know that some people hate it.

Looks like they dont do mine anymore as anything over 200TC in egyptian cotton seems to be a silky finish.

This looks nice although not egyptian cotton https://www.soakandsleep.com/luxury-texture-bed-linen.html

I have jut checked and I also have their classic 200TC sets on a spare bed and they are actually really nice quality aswell and more crisp than soft.

Do you have a soak & sleep shop near you? You could pop in and have a look.

I didnt need anymore bedding but ........
    I have just gone totally against my usual 600TC and ordered Classic Egyptian 200TC in Oyster. King size cover, 2 large pillow cases and deep fitted king size sheet for £64.75 with the discount.

I am getting to a certain age where I wake up hot so I am going to try a lighter crisper cover !

I also like the tie closures they have on some of their covers.
    Thanks Sarah. Suspect we will be ordering some later tonight.
  • sarah1972
    Thanks Sarah. Suspect we will be ordering some later tonight.

I can’t believe I ordered more !! Wait til hubby see’s ! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure