sky mobile

red_devil
red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
I was told you get a deal being a sky customer. Free calls and texts as long as you by £5 data montly.

Currently on EE was told by Sky to get a PAC Code.

Anyone on Sky mobile and is it all sound.

Never changed from EE what are they like when you ask for a code. On PAYG with EE.
:footie:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 November 2017 at 11:23AM
    I've considered Sky mobile myself but it's a 12 month contract and if you leave Sky then you pay £10 a month extra for the calls & texts for the remainder of your term.

If you have a suitable phone then you can use the 800Mhz band on EE which increases coverage and range which Sky and Plusnet for instance don't get access to. There's no access to shortcodes or WiFi calling either.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've considered Sky mobile myself but it's a 12 month contract and if you leave Sky then you pay £10 a month extra for the calls & texts for the remainder of your term.

If you have a suitable phone then you can use the 800Mhz band on EE which increases coverage and range which Sky and Plusnet for instance don't get access to. There's no access to shortcodes or WiFi calling either.

I would be surprised if Sky couldn’t access 800Mhz signal, as they’re an o2 mvno they wouldn’t have much coverage if they didn’t ;).
    ====
  • d123 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if Sky couldn’t access 800Mhz signal, as they’re an o2 mvno they wouldn’t have much coverage if they didn’t ;).

Damn, so they are. Ignore the previous post then. :o
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    is anyone using sky mobile is it ok?
    :footie:
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    red_devil wrote: »
    Never changed from EE what are they like when you ask for a code.
    They might well ask what you're moving to and offer you a deal that's comparable in order to retain you. Such as a SIM-only 12-month 1GB/1000min/unl.texts contract for a fiver, if that would suit. Although i'm not sure they make such offers to keep PAYG customers. Sorry, I've never used Sky.
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport