IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Ticket whilst parked outside a friends house visiting, do i pay?

1232425262729»

Comments

• infernouk
    infernouk Posts: 166 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well done - a win is a win is a win!!

Hooray!!

Thank you for your continued support throughout this thread! Much appreciated
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done @infernouk. Are you likely to want to see Ms Philpot again in court? Are you considering a DPA breach claim?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • infernouk
    infernouk Posts: 166 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well done @infernouk. Are you likely to want to see Ms Philpot again in court? Are you considering a DPA breach claim?

I’m not sure I can spare the time involved at this point, I start a new job next week and need all possible time! Also that judge wasn’t seemingly please by me or my documents for whatever reason so I’m not sure I’d want a round 2
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 August 2017 at 10:03PM
    infernouk ... WELL DONE :beer::beer:

You won, they lost that is the whole point.

Very very doubtful that "Ms what's her name" wins 90% of the
    time, just a bit of propaganda, if she was that smart she would have
    won today ..... instead she failed.

Seems like the judge was in a rush and probably knowing
    that the incompetent Gladstones was involved, a decision
    was made before you entered the court.

I would imagine that in future "Ms what's her name" will do her
    homework to save wasting even more of the courts time and maybe
    use a real solicitor who can give proper advice before bringing a claim

You have to read between the lines about the judge. he/she
    needs to go though the formalities and although he/she
    appeared to growl at you, it was probably because he/she
    had already made up their mind in your favour.

With regards to your friends, tell them to come here and let's repeat
    what happened today.

It is now time for PCM to reflect on their business model and
    indeed who they use to bring these claims to court which at
    the moment is without due care and attention

So, you won, please don't forget you now have a case for a
    DPA claim and if you proceed, it will no doubt throw
    "Ms what's her name" into what is called "a screaming orgasm"
    for all the wrong reasons
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    infernouk wrote: »
    Cheers i get what you mean, i just wanted to test my defence and prove them to be what they are, instead they knocked themselves out. Also concerned for my friends who didnt get to see if my defence would hold up and did see PCM get a critique on how to better bring their offence against them

We know what you mean, but look at this one:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112635&st=180&start=180

After a 10 page thread on pepipoo, with loads of preparation and advice, the OP called Dub Cat won against the hapless Mr Pickup, and said nothing at all:

''I literally was not given the opportunity to utter a single word''.

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    infernouk wrote: »
    was a massive waste of resources on you guys part and mine, as he said if i hadnt turned up he wouldnt have been able to give them the win anyway.

All this aside, thanks for everything guys, im just sorry this is kind of hollow as it was a win on negligence of PCM and not anything I said or did...

definitely not a waste of resources and well done , a win is deffo a win and costs them dear , their own negligence has cost them dear too

and as mentioned earlier, this thread can be used for the basis of other court claims, both the two mentioned above and dont forget the many others on here who can learn from this thread (or are you forgetting about other members with their own court cases ?)

this is how you, us and other members learn , a forum collates these details as references and the experinces tell others about the whole process plus the day in court

so you are not a learned member of the bar , or a solicitor , just a litigant in person , so what ?

you dont see a football player complaining when he scores a goal with a rebound off the back of his shin whilst he is looking the wrong way

they are not all spectacular like the rooney overhead kick

but they all count
  • Infernouk, what did you mean by this:
    " No-one says they ARE going to try a small claim and no-one here who is defending the odd rare one, has actually had to even attend a hearing (except UKPC and ParkingEye ones)."
    Is UKPC mor e likely to take people to court?
    I had a parking ticket with them, I thought I had paid and it turned out the money never left my account, now it has increased to £160, and have received a letter from Debt Recovery. I'm not sure what to do. I feel it is unfair to pay £160, but I'm concerned about ignoring the letters.
    Thank you!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked not to post until after reading the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

Then if you have any questions you must start your own thread and not hijack someone else's like this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure