Property Crowdfunding

Comments

• Sorry for hijacking this slightly but have you considered crowdproperty? I'm looking at this

I'm considering this side of p2p from the pov of building up a passive income stream to feed my standard equity investments

I like the idea of buy to let from the pov of passive income but not so much the large lump sum in a single undiversified asset plus having to deal with issues so proeprty crowd funding seems a more diversified way of picking this up

I've been using property partner and built up around 4k and the platform works well. Have you considered pp?

I've been investing also in REIT's but add here and there to property partner to steady build it up.
  • Seems easier and safer to buy property shares listed on the London Stock Exchange. They can also be held in ISA's and SIPPs so no tax worries. There are ones specifically targeted at private housing such as Grainger, Student Accomodation such as Empiric Student Property, Care homes such as Target Healthcare, and regeneration such as U and I.
  • Seems easier and safer to buy property shares listed on the London Stock Exchange. They can also be held in ISA's and SIPPs so no tax worries. There are ones specifically targeted at private housing such as Grainger, Student Accomodation such as Empiric Student Property, Care homes such as Target Healthcare, and regeneration such as U and I.
    As these are shares are they going to be volatile or are property shares more stable? It'd be nice to have a bit of less volatile investments than my shares for easier access. I do fully recognise the platform risk with p2p and have about 15k spread across three platforms at present. Ablrate which is high risk but 13% return. Diversified now less than the interest I've made across all borrowers (not loans but borrowers as several are linked) and lending works and assetz capital 30 day account for easier access and lower risk so I feel comfortable with this. Shares I have about 60k in isas now
  • Property shares are more stable due to the asset backing however they can turn down but those risks are also present with P2P as you will get more defaults / bad debt in the event of a property downturn.
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Many years ago I took out a S&S Isa for a property investment trust . Overall it has done very well but it seems to pretty much follow the general stock market trend , although after the crash of 2008 , it went down even more quickly. Luckily I did not panic and sell out.

However I keep property investment at a relatively low % as I am already heavily invested in it via my own home .
  • I have 3 property investment trust at the moment, f&c commercial property trust, standard life investment property income and tritax bigbox IT. I re-invest the dividends and add fresh money in too.

With the above poster saying about his property IT following the trends of the stock market which I am aware of, would platforms like property partner act a bit different to the property IT's?

I have been adding to my IT's over the last few months, I also have around 4k in property partner, I quite like the platform set up and dividends have been paid on time each month. While the investments are in SVP and ring fenced, does anyone have any thoughts on the stability of property partner?

(It certainly is not a P2P Collateral gong show set up which I am in but thoughts more on the future of property partner more)

The new CEO and team seem to be working well at property partner, while adding to my IT's I would like to increase property partner a bit more. Reading some financial blogs, the real estate crowd funding seems to be popular in the US on some of the US based bloggers sites more so than on these shores, also I see the yield is higher in the US. I like the concept of it and am thinking to increase my investment slowly towards 10K along side my others.

I see it as a way of getting BTL exposure, without the hassles of being a landlord with a single property, but will be adding to my other S&S investments and IT's etc this would be an addiional string.

I have found it interesting how some of the US FIRE bloggers are using property crowdfunding States side.
  • Anyone know anything on Yielders?

I am with property partner and when looking into somethings online I came across Yielders https://www.yielders.co.uk
  • dqnet
    dqnet Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 October 2018 at 10:36PM
    Anyone know anything on Yielders?

I am with property partner and when looking into somethings online I came across Yielders www.yielders.co.uk

Funny actually, I was having a look here to see if anyone had any experience with this site too?
  • dqnet wrote: »
    Funny actually, I was having a look here to see if anyone had any experience with this site too?
    Looks interesting. Been going two years I kind of like a platform to have more of a track record before I invest
  • Has anyone got any views on Yielders? Trying to weigh up the different options but can't find much about these guys.

Has anyone tried Simple Crowdfunding? It looks like they have some interesting options and they partner up with smaller developers, so it's quite different to the other platforms discussed above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure