PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House listed for sale - Owner not signed anything to agree this

Comments

• pippinh
    pippinh Posts: 11 Forumite
    thanks Another Joe x
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    She could get a free half hour appointment with a solicitor as a starting point. That will give her more idea as to where she stands and she can also check out the costs for any ongoing issues.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This sounds like what would have been a fascinating thread, which could have helped others in similar situations, but for the fact the original post has been deleted. This seems to be happening more and more on here recently.
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Smodlet wrote: »
    This sounds like what would have been a fascinating thread, which could have helped others in similar situations, but for the fact the original post has been deleted. This seems to be happening more and more on here recently.

Good reason to quote the OP in early responses, in case this happens. Find myself doing the same when someone posts something particularly contentious, so they can't remove it (from my post), or edit it.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • Smodlet
    dunroving wrote: »
    Good reason to quote the OP in early responses, in case this happens. Find myself doing the same when someone posts something particularly contentious, so they can't remove it (from my post), or edit it.

Have you moved yet and, if so, how did it go? Likewise, hey, dunroving!
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Good reason to quote the OP in early responses, in case this happens.
    Or find a cached version:
    pippinh wrote: »
    Hi a friend of mine has a home and her ex hub has thrown her out recently, changing the locks and not allowing her entrance into her home (the ex is not the homeowner and is not listed on the deeds)

Today my friend was shocked to discover the family home has now been listed for sale via a local EA.

My obvious question is - is he allowed to do this? Surely the EA would require documents to be signed by the actual owner of the home?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Scheduled to move on Monday to do some renovations prior to moving house contents in early to mid-June. Solicitors and others permitting!
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • Smodlet
    Scheduled to move on Monday to do some renovations prior to moving house contents in early to mid-June. Solicitors and others permitting!

Good luck and hope you will be very happy there... And not stop posting here, though imagine you will be very busy. :)
  • Smodlet
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Or find a cached version:

All very well for those as clever as you, davidmcn, who know what that is and how to do it. Unfortunately, I do not number among such (:o) but thank you.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Pippinh maybe you don't realise but its regarded as a Very Bad Thing on all Internet forums, not just this one, to remove your post just because the questions been answered. Because someone else with the same question ina few weeks or months time won't be able to find this question, and benefit from the answers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure