Paypal Unauthorised Payment bank reversal after 11 months

2»

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite

I wonder if a copy of your shutl invoice (email) would help? What I mean is, doesn't Shutl only charge you if the label is used. i.e. it must track into their system in order for the cost to appear on your invoice (just a guess)?

Thanks, I uploaded the Shutl invoice a few days ago - unfortunately knowing how picky Paypal are, I suspect they will say its not acceptable as the Invoice doesn't contain the tracking number, only a reference number which I can't find on the UPS label they supply. It does contain the buyer's postcode with the date sent, which correlates to the UPS label used.

I hope that Paypal would look at all this - after all I've done nothing wrong, I'm a not party to the buyer's arrangement with their bank - I sent goods worth just under 1k about 11 months ago, and am pretty unhappy about this. I always keep a float in my Paypal, so the money was deducted immediately, without waiting for the proof of postage stuff. I do not believe this payment was not authorized by the buyer.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,933
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Looking at it from PayPal's point of view, they would have to look at whether these details and proofs would stand up in court, because at the end of the day, their systems and processes have to reflect that possibility (or face loads of court cases). It's also not your fault that the case is so old it's no longer tracking on shutl / UPS site.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • bxboards
    Looking at it from PayPal's point of view, they would have to look at whether these details and proofs would stand up in court, because at the end of the day, their systems and processes have to reflect that possibility (or face loads of court cases). It's also not your fault that the case is so old it's no longer tracking on shutl / UPS site.

Should I lose this, it'll certainly go to court! me vs. Paypal too be honest. If Paypal do decide to reimburse the buyer, I can guarantee it won't me paying for it (in the end)

On the balance of probabilities, you'd think it was open and shut, I have a postage label, and invoice showing postage label used and billed to me to the buyer's postcode and an Ebay message thanking me for the delivery. Unfortunately with the UPS tracking not working, and the invoice not showing the tracking number, there is wiggle room if they want to shaft me.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,009
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How you find it via Shutl and UPS is another matter but UPS keep all their 'out of date' tracking offline. I'd assume Paypal would be aware of this.

How have you got on with Paypal when you called?
  • bxboards
    RFW wrote: »
    How you find it via Shutl and UPS is another matter but UPS keep all their 'out of date' tracking offline. I'd assume Paypal would be aware of this.

Paypal always want to see online tracking unfortunately but I've now managed to get a Proof of Delivery scan pdf from UPS via Shutl, so fingers crossed I have enough now.
  • bxboards
    Well the UPS POD did the trick - Paypal gave me back the just under 1k they'd helped themselves to a few days back.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,031
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    bxboards wrote: »
    Well the UPS POD did the trick - Paypal gave me back the just under 1k they'd helped themselves to a few days back.

Well done, good result!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure