Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • milann
    • By milann 18th Jan 16, 10:00 PM
    • 2,685Posts
    • 16,196Thanks
    milann
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......
    • 18th Jan 16, 10:00 PM
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way....... 18th Jan 16 at 10:00 PM
    Been on these forums for some time now...........good intentions of being debt free and at target weight keep coming .....and going......and life just keeps getting in the way!!!

So it's time for a new diary to help keep me on track and push the excuses behind me and JUST DO IT....

My debt is down to £2,500 and if I'd have shaped myself I could have had it cleared but I didn't so I need to do that pronto......
    My car was written off in November so I need to do something about getting mobile again, I'm wary of getting a rust bucket as I've had money pits in the past but the cash the insurance company paid out will only get a heap again and I refuse to get finance till I've cleared off the 2 and a half grand.......

I've gone a bit (lot) mad and really splashed out on a weekend away for combined Christmas and birthday pressie for dh...... never paid so much to for a weekend away before but we're going to a concert. It's not until June so I have to save for that too.

SO this week I will
    1. Do storecupboard challenge
    2. Keep spending diary
    3. Follow Slimming World plan to get back to target 6LB to go - then I don't need to pay

Wish me luck on this last leg..............
Page 59
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Jun 19, 7:22 PM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you have been taking/using arnica
    Boo to the Eagles though.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 15th Jun 19, 7:56 PM
    • 7,357 Posts
    • 54,638 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Shame about the Eagles tickets

Glad all went well with the op and you're on the road to recovery
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 £366.57
    Emergency Fund £3300/£10,000
    • milann
    • By milann 17th Jun 19, 8:42 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    No Iíve not taken arnica - in the past Iíve not noticed that much difference although I know people seem to swear by it. Thereís still a lot of dressings on my arm so I canít put cream on yet. They went in at 3 different points - elbow and wrist area on the outer side and up the centre on the inner side.
    One of my good friends became a grandma today for the 3rd time and Iíd bought a baby present but wanted to get a little something for the big brother and sister - I walked around to b&m which is up the road from me and bought a couple of colouring books and pens. It felt good to get out by myself but I felt a tad nervous in case I fell on my arm.... the heavens opened so I went and sat in Morrisonís cafe with a cuppa and I nearly succumbed to a cake but didnít...then I saw sundae dishes filled with fresh fruit so I bought one - much nicer than a cake and cheaper too
    Iím getting fed up of not being able to do much and Iím only a week in.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th Jun 19, 9:25 PM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    I use arnica tablets, shower gel & cream

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 17th Jun 19, 10:48 PM
    • 5,884 Posts
    • 36,497 Thanks
    in need of direction
    You forgot the mention raspberry gin beanie
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £67373.01 target £65,000 by 05/04/19 Offset fund today £716.16 target £5,500 by 05/04/19
    Emergency fund £5,500/5.5k & £200/200 cash.
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 13st 5lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 19, 8:11 AM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    You forgot the mention raspberry gin beanie
    Originally posted by in need of direction

I did.
    As I am currently feeling very poor and I have none.

***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 18th Jun 19, 4:52 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    Oh Beanie that canít be right passes a virtual one - just not the same though - although I canít stand the stuff
    • milann
    • By milann 18th Jun 19, 5:15 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    Physio went well - she was lovely. Gave me things to do but told me not to overdo it. Arranged the next appointment for when I see the doc in July.
    Iíd planned on taking friend who took me for a nice birthday lunch as she was 60 yesterday but she had to get back for a bit of a family crisis. Makes me realise how lucky I am. But we will go for lunch sometime soon. She loved her kettle so Iím pleased I got it rather than smellies.....
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 18th Jun 19, 6:31 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 1,335 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    We did indeed see the sun today , it makes everything so much better. Hope the physio gives you more movement . Glad your friend liked her kettle , she will remember you every time she has a drink.

Fingers crossed for more nice weather.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 18th Jun 19, 7:28 PM
    • 10,013 Posts
    • 79,793 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm glad physio went well. How long will it be before you can do a few more things?

I'm glad your friend liked the kettle. I'm also jealous of your sunshine!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,005/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £2,005/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £129.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £150. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £50
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Jun 19, 8:46 PM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad physio went well

***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 20th Jun 19, 11:18 AM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    Physio said not to lift anything heavier than an empty cup for 6 weeks. Originally doc said at least 3 months recovery. The big fear is that itíll fuse together as itís healing - which will mean more surgery - so fingers crossed that it doesnít do that.
    They said I can reduce the use of the sling little by little- think I might have done too much yesterday as itís really sore today. Lazy day planned.
    A friend came around and took me out for breakfast yesterday which was lovely- we had a good laugh and put the world to rights.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th Jun 19, 8:31 PM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    Always good to put the world to rights.

***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 21st Jun 19, 3:40 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 1,335 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Take it easy Milann , your recovery is so important. Says me who would do just the same as you. I have an image of you finally sat in your garden in the sun as you wished for .
    • milann
    • By milann 21st Jun 19, 5:17 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    Had a lovely afternoon sitting in the garden with my book and a can of coke.....then a Freddo, curlywurly, and bag of quavers oh and a chomp bar all jumped out of the cupboard and into my mouth - all by themselves.....no willpower.com.
    Made me think though this afternoon - dh went for results of a health check and doc wants his bloods doing again....she wanted to put him on statins - which he refused. Heís borderline -as I was last time I went. We both need to do something - anyway if the next one is the same she might insist he goes on them.......
    Iím managing doing nothing with my arm out of its sling in the house but need it on if I go in the car as it hurts with the cars motion. Dressings are off - thereís 3 scars all about 4 inches long. Not looking the best atm but it will improve. Early days still.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Jun 19, 7:25 PM
    • 64,638 Posts
    • 289,256 Thanks
    beanielou
    I have been eating orange smarties.
    No will power either.
    The scars will fade.

Really want a gin but I dont drink on my own so that will be a no then & I dont have any!

***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 23rd Jun 19, 7:43 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    The scars will indeed fade Beanie along with the memory of it all. It is doing well considering itíll only be 2 weeks tomorrow. My shoulder is more sore than my arm - Iím guessing I must be holding it funny or something....

Iím looking forward to next week as Iím going to see dd and then to her in laws. Might as well sit and be entertained by the grandchildren as sit in front of the tv here.

Not much to report. Iíve spent about £10 over the weekend - I treated myself to lunch in Morrisonís cafe yesterday - dh and ds had a belated Fatherís Day out together which theyíd put off to look after me the week previous. They werenít going to go yesterday but I threw them out they wanted me to go but they both love hot spicy food but I donít -I much preferred my omelette, chips and beans.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 23rd Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 10,013 Posts
    • 79,793 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm glad you treated yourself to lunch Milann and I hope DH and DS enjoyed their father's day time .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £4,005/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £2,005/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £129.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £150. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £50
    • Sunshine girl2
    • By Sunshine girl2 23rd Jun 19, 7:50 PM
    • 203 Posts
    • 1,335 Thanks
    Sunshine girl2
    Have a lovely time with your DD and GK's milann .
    • milann
    • By milann 23rd Jun 19, 8:08 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 16,196 Thanks
    milann
    They did indeed enjoy their meal out - my idea of hell.....there is a Ďcurry mileí in the big town nearby - anyway they went for a curry buffet - its a big family run restaurant that caters for Indian weddings and parties but have a restaurant public can go in too.....they were very pleased with the food on offer.

I visited my brother this afternoon- he is struggling with his health more so than usual and I know he has been fretting he hasnít been able to see me...so to put both our minds at ease because weíve been worrying about each other dh drove me around for a hour or so, then we went to a carvery on our way home. Iím never going to lose weight at this rate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,566Posts Today

7,672Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin