Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • carolinosourus
    • By carolinosourus 22nd Dec 09, 9:31 PM
    • 968 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    carolinosourus
    dont worry found it....I bought the magazine (v poor and wont buy again). Going to cost me about 10 for the pot of soup too!! Who knew coconut milk was so expensive??
    Originally posted by angelflower
    In order to save you a bit of money it might be better for you to buy coconut cream, I've started doing this as I have a lovely recipe which only uses half a tin of coconut milk and I kept chucking loads of it away as I wasn't using it. Coconut cream comes in a solid block and you only grate what you need from it, then you put it in the fridge and it keeps for ages. I've just had a look on the Sainsbo website and the prices are:

1.59 for a 400ml tin of coconut milk
    0.71 for a 200g block of coconut cream

You add 400mls of water to each 100gs of coconut cream, so out of a block you get 800mls of coconut milk which is the equivalent to 2 tins of coconut milk for 0.71! Or one tin for 0.35 (which is about a quarter of the price of a regular can)! And it keeps if you're not using all of it at once so doubly MSE!

This was a tip recommended to me by an MSE user but I can't for the life of me remember who it was...
    Last edited by carolinosourus; 22-12-2009 at 9:41 PM.
    **Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**
    MSEers are often quicker than google
    Originally posted by lostinrates
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • MrsE
    When boiling your brussel sprouts, crumble a chicken stock cube in the water - they taste lovely
    Originally posted by stressedoutmumof1
    I've always done that
    • meg72
    • By meg72 7th Sep 13, 1:19 PM
    • 5,082 Posts
    • 46,072 Thanks
    meg72
    I always used to boil or steam carrots, but a friend told me she roasted hers with the parsnips, tried it and they are lovely.Saves time and less washing up.
    Slimming World at target
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,454Posts Today

7,857Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin