<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MrsTinks - thanks for the idea. The ones at the back are mature, at least 4 foot, but I bet there are younger patches too.

I have fond memories of Weezl advocating nettles fried in lard. We also made nettle wine once. It was frankly revolting.

Nettle wine sounds as revolting as it obviously tasted! Yes it was weezl that originally brought it to my attention. Will try milk in the scones thank you. Actually have some value ones in the freezer from aaaaaages ago that need using up first! Well done on the scrubbing front!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    MrsTinks - thanks for the idea. The ones at the back are mature, at least 4 foot, but I bet there are younger patches too.

You might find the tips on the mature ones are fresh and scrummy... or if you like nettles then give the patch a light trim at the top and new shoots will soon sprout for you to pick hehehe

Might try to do that later with the daughter if I get a chance...

After I finish work LOL
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I filled the green waste bins (not with nettles) so that's a bit more clearance done. Have a huge list of things to make a start on at the weekend with OH, won't apply for the remortgage till they are done.

Made bolognese (mince from the freezer obviously), pasta, courghetti and grated cheese so everyone had variations on that theme. Made cheese scones because DS1 wanted to try them, didn't add the creme fraiche this time, still light. I think its the really wet dough and minimal handling that does it.

Ordered a SB voucher.

Realised we will run out of cat food this weekend if I don't go shopping. The cats understandably feel this is not negotiable.

Have 4 hours of tedious to do today.
  • missymoo81
    It's nice to have a sorting plan. I need to do some this weekend. It's annoying when you run out of one thing do you have to go shopping, mine is usually milk I run out of, trying to eek it out! Thanks for the advice on the scones, would really like to try making them! Obviously not with the small ones, little hands like to prod and poke and overwork pastry! May make bread with them instead!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe if the cats didn't get fed they might learn to catch mice? :)
  • There are four sat looking at me at the moment. They know I haven't bought any food, so they have temporarily abandoned cat chess.

They wouldn't eat mice, they'd just go to cat stealing neighbours who feed them stomach upset inducing cheap crap.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I cracked and went to the farm shop for cat fud. Still better than trailing round a stupid market. Also bought beef joint, lovely ham and lovely discovery apples so probably better if I had gone to the stupid market but never mind. Comes out of the credit card refund.

Took the bicker brothers to the garden centre where I frittered the loyalty vouchers on over priced coffee. One of those no plants garden centres with Lakeland, Works, expensive but lovely cheese etc so a minor miracle that I didn't buy anything for me. DS1 used some of his pocket money on Lakeland soft licorice but that doesn't hit my budget.

Need to do another 40 minutes on tedious so at least that is nearly out of the way.

Huge amount to do over the next two days, finally moving a pile of OHs (heavy ) stuff into his workshop which will free up garage space, which will free up house space. Who knows, by Sunday night I might even have found the hidden bath in the en suite to be...
  • missymoo81
    Well done on getting cat food, atleast you can stop being stalked by hungry cats now! I quite like garden centre loyalty cards, I make sure I use my coffee each and other month but am really naughty and never buy anything else! I'm sure they love me! I wish my OH would clear the workshop, I can barely get in the garage or the workshop for 'stuff' he so desperately needs to keep hold of!!!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    It's nice to have a sorting plan. I need to do some this weekend. It's annoying when you run out of one thing do you have to go shopping, mine is usually milk I run out of, trying to eek it out! Thanks for the advice on the scones, would really like to try making them! Obviously not with the small ones, little hands like to prod and poke and overwork pastry! May make bread with them instead!

You can make scones with the little ones - give them a small amount of dough each, about the amount you would use for one proper scone, with small cutters etc to make shapes - I found a couple of small rolling pins at a car boot sale but if you don't have these they can improvise, even just flatten the dough with their hands.
    While you make the rest of the dough into 'adult' scones, they make / cut out their own shapes, which, so long as their hands are clean to start with, you can bake for a few minutes, and they can eat. They will be a bit flat, but they won't care, especially if there is jam :)

I often make scones this way with my 3 year old grand daughter, they are easy and cheap :)
  • Hi Dawn, I used to love making 'worms' with the off cuts of pastry when I was little.

missymoo, similar issues here but he has promised to be ruthless as he cant actually use any of his tools due to lack of space. The workshop is new empty space, so it should free up a lot of room elsewhere, as long as he doesn't instantly fill it with more stuff.

Busy day today, so I have already finished tedious for the week (hurrah!) and made breakfast for the troops. Got curry sauce and chicken cubes out of the freezer so no excuses for a takeaway later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback