Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• holbob
    holbob Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Switched to ovo 12 months ago and they started off well by changing my electric meter from economy 7 to a normal meter at my request in July last year. I have rang several times since then to get the electric bill caught up with a new meter reading but they just don't get it done. I haven't been charged for electric since we switched. We pay by monthly direct debit so will not have to find the money but it is frustrating not knowing the actual amount we are paying. We have rang several times now, are always promised a call back but never get it. Does anyone know a e mail address for someone higher up in the company?
  • Ovo are jokers too.

In fact most if not all of the energy companies are jokers

The level of bad c s is too high
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Agreed. It seems the energy suppliers are seeking to take over from banks as Public Enemy No.1.

I'd say their chances are very good indeed. :(
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Consumerist
    holbob wrote: »
    Switched to ovo 12 months ago . . . I have rang several times since then to get the electric bill caught up with a new meter reading but they just don't get it done. I haven't been charged for electric since we switched. . .
    If they haven't sent you a bill for more than 12 months and you have made efforts to request one then they can't back-bill you for more than a year.
  • fishingcat
    fishingcat Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 May 2015 at 3:58PM
    I've had mixed experiences with OVO so far. Switching was fairly painless, but their online account viewing setup seems completely broken. Their graphs are never accurate despite fairly regular readings (as in, wildly out) and even though I've followed up about this it doesn't look like it'll be fixed. One of their people on the phone actually told me to just ignore them and wait for my statements - what's the point of it then?!

Speaking of statements, the other fun game they seem to play is sending me emails asking for meter readings (so I can get an 'accurate' statement), accepting them and then estimating anyway. Over, obviously...

Even though I've only had to call them a couple of times, I've never been able to get through without spending at least 10 minutes on hold. Aware that's not bad compared to some, but not what I'd call great either!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    fishingcat wrote: »
    Speaking of statements, the other fun game they seem to play is sending me emails asking for meter readings (so I can get an 'accurate' statement), accepting them and then estimating anyway. Over, obviously...

Switch to 'Statements on Demand' rather than monthly statements. You will then get an accurate bill based on the meter readings that you provide. The only caveat is that the meter readings must be more than 14 days apart: if you so wish, you could have 2 statements per month.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Switch to 'Statements on Demand' rather than monthly statements. You will then get an accurate bill based on the meter readings that you provide. The only caveat is that the meter readings must be more than 14 days apart: if you so wish, you could have 2 statements per month.

Fab. Thanks! I'd looked but hadn't realised quite what the difference was. I'll get that switched over now...
  • Sinc52
    Sinc52 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I switched to Ovo from British Gas in November 2014. Apparently there are numerous MPRN numbers registered to my gas meter and British Gas gave Ovo an erroneous number and due to both parties ineptitude it has taken until February 2015 for Ovo to get the right one which they have now. This has never caused a problem before btw.
    Whilst this was being sorted out I have been billed by British Gas at £70 per month. At the same time I was in credit with Ovo at £70 and they are supposed to give 3% interest to those accounts in credit but, strangely, my credit was paid back into my bank account. Then Ovo decided to suspend the monthly direct debit and now they have the right number they have decided my account is £162 in debit plus British Gas want about the same amount. So, if the switch had been straightforward I would have paid off my outstanding account- £67 - and been in credit , and earning interest, with Ovo. I am miffed and have switched to GnERGY( run by Gurkhas! ) Wish me luck. I think both companies should wave this 'debt' seeing as it had nothing to do with me.
  • Consumerist
    Sinc52 wrote: »
    . . . Then Ovo decided to suspend the monthly direct debit and now they have the right number they have decided my account is £162 in debit . . . I am miffed and have switched to GnERGY( run by Gurkhas! ) Wish me luck. I think both companies should wave this 'debt' seeing as it had nothing to do with me.
    Unfortunately, you might find that Ovo will now object to the transfer until you pay them the £162 they say you owe them.
  • Thought I should add, I switched to statements on demand as per Hengus's advice and it seems to have had the side effect of fixing the made up usage graphs since my last reading. Happy days!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback