Finding Strength and Balance

Comments

• Glad you are beginning to feel better.

Well done your children :)

Take it easy when you can.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • In a blatant theft from someone else's diary, I'm going to list some things that I achieved today rather than the unachievable to do list that builds up on a regular basis!
    1. washing on and hung up, twice
    2. breakfast eaten
    3. lunch eaten
    4. took DD2 to school, thereby leaving the house. Apparently winter arrived while I was sleeping, it's Baltic out there!
    5. bought puff pastry to make pie
    6. diary updated 😝
    7. dishes washed
    8. kitchen counters swiped

Not necessarily in that order, but you get the idea.

I joined the 'Make £10 a day' challenge this month, with a target of making £3 a day. My thinking was that, since I already knew I had a day's overtime I might be able to make the rest. What I forgot to factor in was that I won't get paid for that overtime until the middle of October, so I can't declare it yet :o But I think it's where I found out about Vypr, which I've racked up more than 7000 on already. Hopefully I'll be able to get a payout before the end of the month so that at least I can declare something :rotfl:

I've also signed up for Prolific Academic since so many on here seem to do so well on it. It's been slower than I expected, but that seems to be the same for everyone right now so hopefully it will pick up again soon.
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • I've survived my first day back at work. In fact, better than that I enjoyed my first day back at work. And there's only one more to go before its the weekend :rotfl:

Today has been an NSD.
    I have taken lunch in every day this month so far.
    I have not eaten out this month so far.
    Yesterday I was able to listen to both of my DDs when they wanted to read to me.
    I am happy and content.
    9.68% paid off
  • helsbell wrote: »
    I have taken lunch in every day this month so far.
    I have not eaten out this month so far.
    Yesterday I was able to listen to both of my DDs when they wanted to read to me.
    I am happy and content.
    Lovely to read. Great :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • helsbell wrote: »
    In a blatant theft from someone else's diary, I'm going to list some things that I achieved today rather than the unachievable to do list that builds up on a regular basis!
    1. washing on and hung up, twice
    2. breakfast eaten
    3. lunch eaten
    4. took DD2 to school, thereby leaving the house. Apparently winter arrived while I was sleeping, it's Baltic out there!
    5. bought puff pastry to make pie
    6. diary updated ��
    7. dishes washed
    8. kitchen counters swiped

Not necessarily in that order, but you get the idea.

I joined the 'Make £10 a day' challenge this month, with a target of making £3 a day. My thinking was that, since I already knew I had a day's overtime I might be able to make the rest. What I forgot to factor in was that I won't get paid for that overtime until the middle of October, so I can't declare it yet :o But I think it's where I found out about Vypr, which I've racked up more than 7000 on already. Hopefully I'll be able to get a payout before the end of the month so that at least I can declare something :rotfl:

I've also signed up for Prolific Academic since so many on here seem to do so well on it. It's been slower than I expected, but that seems to be the same for everyone right now so hopefully it will pick up again soon.

Stick with PA before the summer hols some weeks i was making 15-20 pw week off it, the site is slowly picking up theres a 2quid survey on there now lol hint hint
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Thanks Scott, I've picked up quite a few now. Ever since I wrote that post there have been surveys available when I've looked, more often than not :rotfl:
    9.68% paid off
  • helsbell, if you add 'visual ping' to chrome you can set it to check prolific for you every minutes, it then does a pop up to tell you the survey page has changed. If you are online anyway its quite useful.
  • Its all seasonal with PA its gradually picking up now the students are back.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • It's been a quiet weekend here. I still seem to be really tired, presumably as an after effect of the lurgy that I had at the weekend, so we're taking it easy here.

I've updated YNAB (as I didn't on Wednesday) and there seems to be a bit too much month left :rotfl:It confused me a bit, as this is the month I've made a conscious effort not to fritter money away on things like eating out, so in theory I should be rolling in it ;). But then I remembered that it's also the month that I upped the grocery and transport budgets due to my daughter starting high school and needing money for lunch and buses.

September expenses that account for me feeling skint:
    • paying for 2 sets of school lunches. 1 DD used to be paid for by their Dad, the other used to get them free. Not sure why their Dad has decided not to pay for them now, should raise it with him.
    • paying for 1 set of bus fares. It's too far to walk.
    • not having a pot for the home insurance, which is due this month. Not sure how to pay for this yet, probably using tax credits due on Wednesday. (I've set up a pot for next year so that I don't get caught out again :o)
    I have, however, been able to make an overpayment of £35 to the credit card :j
    9.68% paid off
  • Well done on the overpayment :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills