Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Iresa owe me about £150 since July. Getting absolutely nowhere with them. Am I right in thinking I have to write a paper letter of complaint before going to Ombudsman?

I was over £400 in credit and contacted Iresa to get my credit back and my Direct Debits halved.
    I was getting nowhere, after 3 months I contacted the Ombudsman.Iresa quickly got it done after that.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For all those who are hundreds of pounds in credit why do't you do as I did & just cancel your direct debit until the excess is cleared?
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    For all those who are hundreds of pounds in credit why do't you do as I did & just cancel your direct debit until the excess is cleared?

I went by the advice given on this forum, not to cancel my Direct Debit, although I definitely thought about it.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because you are then in breach of contract and are liable to be defaulted onto SVT from your current tariff..
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Because you are then in breach of contract and are liable to be defaulted onto SVT from your current tariff..

...may be wrong ..but I don't think IRESA offer an SVT??
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...may be wrong ..but I don't think IRESA offer an SVT??
    They do a fixed and a variable tariff. Both at the same price and only £3 pa more than my old fix so I could live with the extra cost :D
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 September 2017 at 4:00PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?

Bills are produced but not sure how often - they promise at least once per year I think. I don't have one yet for this month, only the detail available online in the transactions section.

Last month the bill appeared sometime between 12th and 16th. This is based on me providing a meter reading on the last day of the month (i.e. July).
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Last month's was on the 12th.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Iresa owe me about £150 since July. Getting absolutely nowhere with them. Am I right in thinking I have to write a paper letter of complaint before going to Ombudsman?

You said only on 07-Aug-2017 that the supplier as disputing your final meter reading
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72954377&postcount=1092

They will need agreement of the meter reading by the meter reading agency, and then produce you a final bill before they will arrange any refund (or demand any closing balance from you)

You are correct that the ombudsman will not entertain any complaint unless you first allow the supplier at least 8 weeks to resolve it - that means 8 weeks from the supplier receiving a complaint from you on the matter.
    No you do not need to send one on paper (although you can, but you will need to allow for postage time) as they make it easy by allowing you to file using their online system.

Their complaint procedure is available in full on their website.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport