KSL hair won't refund

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Unfortunately your daughter has very little rights here.

The contract was clearly formed on consultation and payment seals the deal.

Lack of T&C's doesn't make it a deal breaker, when was the last time you got T&C's from your hairdresser?

Your daughter does have consumer rights, in that the service must be carried out with reasonable care and skill. If it falls below standards then she would be entitled to a remedy, which could be a full refund.

The downside is however due to the nature of the treatment I would assume not everyone can get the success they are looking for. If they gave promises then you should hope they are in writing. A bit like laser eye surgery, you still pay for the treatment whether it works or not.

As for the reviews, everyone complains when things go wrong but you hear very little about the successes.
  • Thanks for your input bris, doesn't sound great for us but just wanted some advice/ opinion as this kind of thing is very new to me, cheers
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Having had a look at their website, when you click on T&Cs then it goes to a contact us form!

Your daughter can't base her thoughts on what one random stranger has said.

On their website it says "100% satisfaction guaranteed" so on ths basis I think your daughter should just go ahead, but make it very clear to tem that unless the treatment is 100%'successful, she will be seeking a full refund.

Might be worth putting this in writing to them NOW.

They cannot just send T&Cs after payment, but this does not give you a right to a full refund.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • If it makes you feel better, They've won an award for patient satisfaction this year.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-business/county-news/maidstone-ksl-hair-clinic-award-121108/
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • Thanks also for your input pinkshoes, very useful, much appreciated
  • Thanks autumnella, just sent that link to my daughter
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2017 at 11:58PM
    Autumnella wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, They've won an award for patient satisfaction this year.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent-business/county-news/maidstone-ksl-hair-clinic-award-121108/

This isn’t a genuine award it’s a marketing company award
    https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/whatclinic.com
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2017 at 2:17PM
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    Having had a look at their website, when you click on T&Cs then it goes to a contact us form!

Your daughter can't base her thoughts on what one random stranger has said.

On their website it says "100% satisfaction guaranteed" so on ths basis I think your daughter should just go ahead, but make it very clear to tem that unless the treatment is 100%'successful, she will be seeking a full refund.

Might be worth putting this in writing to them NOW.

They cannot just send T&Cs after payment, but this does not give you a right to a full refund.

I think you should discuss the treatment with your daughters consultant and or doctor.
    They may be able to give advice about qualifications to look for in a hair transplant company. Some of these company’s are unregulated

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/cosmetic-treatments-guide/Pages/hair-transplant.aspx#where
  • On their website:

At KSL Hair we do not ask for upfront deposits, and yes we do no deposit payment plans spread across 1-5 years to cover your hair loss treatment with us.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    KatieHodge wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. I am a journalist and am very interested in what you / she have got to say. Do you want to drop me a line? Email katie.hodge@the-sun.co.uk.

Katie

Please read the terms of posting you agreed to when you signed up. You need permission to post as a journalist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure