£170000 in 10 years

Comments

• Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Chin up TH - you have been doing an amazing job so far. Dont forget these are all self inflicted targets, why don't you take the pressure off yourself a bit and have May as your holiday month ?
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have to say i felt a bit tearful when i looked on here and found both of your messages tattycath and Busy Mee1.Sometimes i can just write down how i feel ,things that i would never say to my friends ,things that they would not get and know that people on here understand exactly how i feel .I do not like feeling sorry for myself especially when i am so lucky and it is so much nicer to feel positive than negative .I have no idea why i am feeling low and finding it so difficult all of a sudden but i think i will do what you suggest Busy Mee1 and take a break this month i have become very addicted to numbers ,i seem to constantly be adding and subtracting and using up lots of notebooks i do really enjoy it but its as you say the pressure i am putting on myself to hit the targets,sometimes i feel very disappointed with myself if i miss them and feel its my fault.
    Thank you tattycath ,yes that is what i need to do ,i feel so much better when i sell something and it gives me the lift and motivation to list more ,its been so quiet lately and i have lots and lots of things to sell i hope you have listed some of yours by now too .Hope alls going well in your new home and looking forwardto hearing more about it .
  • Busy_Mee1
    Aww sending you a virtual hug TH:grouphug:

I am really sorry you are feeling so low at the moment, it sounds to me as if you are really ready for your holiday. I know I was desperate for mine and have come back feeling like a new person.

I am sure the break will do you good, be kind to yourself and I am sure you will come back firing on all cylinders x
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    evening tryharder

I just wanted to second the other posters - you are doing so, so, SO well, having turned from a self confessed spender to now tracking everything, budgeting, trying to raise your income and sometimes it is easy to forget that every now and then we all get blue and down. I am sure this would have happened even if you had not been in such a good place financially however it would not have been so easy to give yourself a wee break from it. Here you are having miscalculated, having a holiday AND still able to keep afloat. It is so easy when we get wrapped up in our notebooks, plans, spreadsheets and figures to forget as Busy Mee says - these are self inflicted targets! It wont really matter if your savings go down a little this month. Its a good thing when we have discipline to keep to our targets however, occasionally, its good to have the discipline to say look how far I have come, I deserve to take my eye off the ball for a short time and actually ENJOY the money I have been squirreling away !!:beer::j:rotfl:

Have a good break and you will come back twice as determined:money:

daisy xxx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,865 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Totally agree with the other TH, you're doing so well. We all have days/weeks/months where things just don't seem to go to plan and the motivation disappears. Look forward to and enjoy your hols - you won't go mad spending now, I'm sure, so it's fine to relax and take your eye off the ball for the month. You'll come back with renewed vigour and enthusiasm!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• try_harder
    Thank you very much as always Busy Mee1 ,the madvix and daisy 1571.Its the last day of our holiday tomorrow and it has been just wonderful ,you were definitely right Busy Mee1 i definitely feel much better for it although i am quite tired from travelling around so much and i am also looking forward to getting back in to my normal routine ,i do love going on holiday but i also look forward to going home .
    I have kept to my holiday budget quite well and feel happy with my savings although they have gone down slightly as we have had two weeks with no income but i am not too worried .-savings today stand at around £12,600 which i am quite happy with and my save a million challenge by redoubling my money now stands at £840 plus four items to sell that i hope to double up on so i will be putting my energy into that and my make £10 a day challenge starting on saturday once i get home and get organised and just as you all said i feel much more motivated .Thank you all.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Hooray TH you are back ! So glad you had a lovely holiday and that it obviously did you good.
    I like the sound of the save a million challenge - is there a thread somewhere on it ?

It sounds like you are raring to go again x
  • try_harder
    Thank you Busy Mee1 for the lovely welcome back .I definitely do feel much better and raring to go .
    The thread is called The Millionaire Challenge ,my posts are numbers 3562-3563-3566-3582-3586..I started with one hundred pounds ,i bought one or more items (i cant remember what they were without referring to my book )then i resold them for double the price ,i then had two hundred pounds and did the same again ,i am now buying items to try and turn the £800 into £1600 ,i put some of it into my ISA has you really only need to keep £100 out and just keep doubling that ,my £800 is now showing as £840 obviously it will go up and down depending on the ftse but its great fun .There are lots of other ideas on the thread that you could choose to try but i have used this method before with good success.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    try_harder wrote: »
    Thank you Busy Mee1 for the lovely welcome back .I definitely do feel much better and raring to go .
    The thread is called The Millionaire Challenge ,my posts are numbers 3562-3563-3566-3582-3586..I started with one hundred pounds ,i bought one or more items (i cant remember what they were without referring to my book )then i resold them for double the price ,i then had two hundred pounds and did the same again ,i am now buying items to try and turn the £800 into £1600 ,i put some of it into my ISA has you really only need to keep £100 out and just keep doubling that ,my £800 is now showing as £840 obviously it will go up and down depending on the ftse but its great fun .There are lots of other ideas on the thread that you could choose to try but i have used this method before with good success.
    Sounds like a great challenge tryharder.
    As soon as we are sorted I think I might have a go at it. I will start it off with stuff I already have that I need to get rid of. :)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • try_harder
    Yes great idea we can motivate each other and maybe Busy Mee1 will join in too .I started off selling a couple of things i already had then bought something with the money that i thought i could sell on again for more its great fun
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure