Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Comments

• *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    I am hoping that the next few medical appointments will actually start helping me, rather than just me turning up, them saying they will help and then nothing happens! I have been going to the obesity clinic since February and so far the only thing they have suggested is the Psychotherapy, which will not be starting until February NEXT year!! :(

Apologies if you've already tried the pro-active approach, but did you know you can self-refer for Hydrotherapy?

http://www.cuh.org.uk/addenbrookes/services/clinical/outpatient_physiotherapy/musculoskeletal_conditions.html

(see PDF at the bottom of the page).

Just a thought.. :)
  • *Robin* wrote: »
    Apologies if you've already tried the pro-active approach, but did you know you can self-refer for Hydrotherapy?

http://www.cuh.org.uk/addenbrookes/services/clinical/outpatient_physiotherapy/musculoskeletal_conditions.html

(see PDF at the bottom of the page).

Just a thought.. :)

This is what I should be going to with the Physio (I hope!), problem is there was a 15 week waiting list ... to get ON the waiting list! and that was being Doctor referred - I contacted them direct and they said there was a 2 YEAR waiting list for self referral :eek:
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    This is what I should be going to with the Physio (I hope!), problem is there was a 15 week waiting list ... to get ON the waiting list! and that was being Doctor referred - I contacted them direct and they said there was a 2 YEAR waiting list for self referral :eek:

Eeee Gods! :eek:

:think: Well, there are at least two other local pools - one of which advertises that it's available for private hire, and they seem to welcome enquiries:

http://www.eddies.org.uk/what-we-do/adults-detail.asp?ItemID=33

Isn't paying for this kind of thing what DLA is designed for?
  • *Robin* wrote: »
    Eeee Gods! :eek:

:think: Well, there are at least two other local pools - one of which advertises that it's available for private hire, and they seem to welcome enquiries:

http://www.eddies.org.uk/what-we-do/adults-detail.asp?ItemID=33

Isn't paying for this kind of thing what DLA is designed for?

It is yes, but I suspect that the cost of getting there will be more than my DLA! :eek: a taxi both ways would be about £60-£80, then the cost of the therapy :( - this is why I need the NHS as I can get NHS transport (hopefully)
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    It is yes, but I suspect that the cost of getting there will be more than my DLA! :eek: a taxi both ways would be about £60-£80, then the cost of the therapy :( - this is why I need the NHS as I can get NHS transport (hopefully)

Sorry, didn't realise you haven't got a car. Assumed you'd be on the Motability scheme. :o

Pre Motability days there used to be a volunteer driver network.. Wonder if that's still running?

ETA: Do you need a wheel-chair friendly vehicle, Knit Witch?
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 September 2014 at 1:42PM
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Sorry, didn't realise you haven't got a car. Assumed you'd be on the Motability scheme. :o

Pre Motability days there used to be a volunteer driver network.. Wonder if that's still running?

ETA: Do you need a wheel-chair friendly vehicle, Knit Witch?

Because of my leg and arm spasms I can no longer drive, and I can't keep taking Dr Warlock out of work! The volunteer drivers cost almost as much as the taxi :(, the problem is where we are in relation to Addenbrookes/Fulbourn (getting on for 20 miles!)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well apparently things will start to happen on the 21st, they are talking about putting me on a liquid diet "to stop the food cravings", what part of I don't have food cravings and will happily not eat for days are they not listening to! :mad: (grump, grump, grump), other than that I am trying to do a bit of something each day but the "meh" mood is still here :(
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    To cheer myself up (and because I really DON'T have enough crafty things on the go … honest! ;)), I started a small cross stitch last night – oh and I have two others kitted up and ready to go! I WILL get my stash stitched and I will save money doing it :rotfl:

Mind you if I had looked more closely I would have realised the reason I hadn't started it before was because it wasn't the simple stitch I thought it was :o - ah well this will keep me away from spending money for a while :p
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello! Thought I'd pop over, as you kindly commented on my diary, and I lurve your name :) I've only read the first page and this one, but I've gleaned that you're struggling with both weight and disability (and DLA, poor you!!!). Is that right? Have you heard of chairobics? I taped a few programmes about it when I had a tv, and there's a few youtube videos as well (from Rosemary Conley, I think) - the programmes made me pay attention because the teacher was some normal gym-bunny type, but there was a *very* elderly lady in the background, aged about 80, following him doing the same thing.

I know how difficult it is to be a self starter, believe me - you've probably gleaned from my diary how ill I get with viruses, so I do understand how inappropriate suggestions online from well meaning strangers can be (like now, I mean!) but OTOH some of the best eye openers I've had have been from people on mse - like edinburgher on my thread about pensions in the last few weeks or so.

Anyway, enjoy the cross stitch you've just started (what is it?) and when I *eventually* post up my cat design blog, check it out, because there'll be knitted cats on there :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Karmacat - I used to post on your thread in my previous incarnation (well occasionally at any rate :rotfl:), I am actually hoping to start some seated exercise - there is a lady in the village who is prepared to run a group for some more mature people (post 60 basically) and those of limited mobility (myself on crutches and another lady in a wheelchair), she is a trained physio so hopefully that should be okay!

THIS is the stitching I started, the picture doesn't really do it justice though as the main body colour is a definate green!
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport