Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• 99p
    99p Posts: 922 Forumite
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    I somehow missed a free Star Wars T-Shirt on O3 ?

Hmm disappointed you are.

You've not only let yourself down but you've let me down too. :D
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
  • Good morning all

christmas-angels-christmas-9428694-875-707.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• 99p wrote: »

Baby balloon was trying to get into bed with his mum and dad but just couldn't quite fit, so he let a little bit of air out of his mum and tried again. No he still didn't fit so he let a little bit of air out of his dad.....but no he still couldn't squeeze in the gap so he let a little bit of air out of himself and in he hopped.
    In the morning his dad said to him......Baby balloon I'm very disappointed in you, not only have you let me down, you've let your mother down too but worst of all you've let yourself down.
    Have a lovely day everyone :cool:
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning.

Ending this morning, KP Salted/Dry Roasted 270g nuts, £2.29 each of 2 for £3.50

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-3.5/ls88081

Should compare to Tesco/Sainsbobs £1.75 each or
    Waities (and maybe even Morrisons) offer of 2 for £3.50

Works out at £1.03 a bag

Check price going through till in case price drops onto rollback later.

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,144
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    I somehow missed a free Star Wars T-Shirt on O3 ?
    99p wrote: »

Baby balloon was trying to get into bed with his mum and dad but just couldn't quite fit, so he let a little bit of air out of his mum and tried again. No he still didn't fit so he let a little bit of air out of his dad.....but no he still couldn't squeeze in the gap so he let a little bit of air out of himself and in he hopped.
    In the morning his dad said to him......Baby balloon I'm very disappointed in you, not only have you let me down, you've let your mother down too but worst of all you've let yourself down.
    Have a lovely day everyone :cool:

A chuckle to start the day....thank you.

I’m also giggling at michaels comment about snap in the shed:rotfl: The only problem is that I think it was me in there with her.....I remember it so well:rotfl: Hope you are ok today snap:A

I’m back to work today with the funeral behind me. I feel the need to start making lists. Feeling a bit disorganised but determined to get Christmas back on track.

I’m planning a visit to a pharmacy in my lunchbreak:) Another small shops crossed off:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Good morning all, another mild but dull day.
    gocat wrote: »
    My DD use to work in T xpress years ago and someone came in wearing a motorcycle helmet and when DD opened the cash till they reached over and grabbed some money and ran out. Of course couldnt be identified on the CCTV because they were wearing the helmet. :( After that, there were notices that ppl had to remove helmets when shopping/paying for goods/fuel/ Should be same rule applied to the veils that cover the face too.
    Cycle helmet doesnt hide your face does it. Stupid security man.
    simone10 wrote: »
    I never wear anything on my head (except earmuffs) when I'm in a shop. I always pull my hood off as soon as I know I'll be on CCTV view as I know its frowned upon not to be able to see facial features. Having worked in retail myself for many years it does feel more threatening when people have head coverings on (helmets included even though they don't hide your face completely)

My cycle helmet covers less of my face than someone wearing a cap, or even a hood, I push it back off my face when I go in a shop. I have worked in retail too, I know what you mean.

The reason why I don't leave it on my bike (which I do when parked in another area)? Once a few years ago I clipped an expensive helmet to my bike when I went shopping in this Ts, came out no more than about 30 minutes later to find the straps had been cut to get it off my lock, and it had obviously been jumped on and then put on my seat. There is a security man out there all the time, asked him what had happened and he simply replied he is not allowed to do anything with minors when outside the shop, and there was this smirking Asian kid, about 10 years old, sitting there watching. I simply picked up my helmet, put it in the bin and left. I was not going to give the kid the pleasure of reacting.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Morning.

Ending this morning, KP Salted/Dry Roasted 270g nuts, £2.29 each of 2 for £3.50

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-3.5/ls88081

Should compare to Tesco/Sainsbobs £1.75 each or
    Waities (and maybe even Morrisons) offer of 2 for £3.50

Works out at £1.03 a bag

Check price going through till in case price drops onto rollback later.

Trying to visualise the size of these bags:think::think:

Good for Christmas nipples:D

Thank you izzey
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Good morning peeps....Still mildish and a blanket of cloud looms overhead....This is the prelude to worse things to come for some....Caroline is on her way to Scotland and Northern England.....bringing with her a lot of wind...:think:..To be expected really.:rotfl:....Maybe a little Xmas snow too:j

Enjoy your days...:xmastree::santa2:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure