Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 19th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 3,335Posts
    • 8,365Thanks
    ska lover
    What are you doing with your Sunday?
    • 19th May 19, 12:19 PM
    What are you doing with your Sunday? 19th May 19 at 12:19 PM
    Hi all

What are you doing with your sunday?

For me:- after my coffee -
    Long soak in the tub
    Sort work clothing for tomorrow
    Cook something nice , maybe curry, for Husband who is currently mowing/strimming our lawn (nightmare job
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
Page 1
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 19th May 19, 12:26 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 5,790 Thanks
    building with lego
    • 19th May 19, 12:26 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:26 PM
    Have already done:
    cleaned the house, cooked and eaten a massive roast, washed and dried up. (I make it sound as though *I've* done all this; it's a whole-family effort ).
    Three loads of washing drying on the line. Children now on homework, me about to get out in the garden. Him about to doze on the sofa. Standard Sunday!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 19th May 19, 12:37 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 8,365 Thanks
    ska lover
    • 19th May 19, 12:37 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:37 PM
    Have already done:
    cleaned the house, cooked and eaten a massive roast, washed and dried up. (I make it sound as though *I've* done all this; it's a whole-family effort ).
    Three loads of washing drying on the line. Children now on homework, me about to get out in the garden. Him about to doze on the sofa. Standard Sunday!
    Originally posted by building with lego
    Wow you are like wonderwoman.

I lay in bed til late morning, due to alcohol excess last night

Should know better at my age
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
    • building with lego
    • By building with lego 19th May 19, 12:56 PM
    • 2,390 Posts
    • 5,790 Thanks
    building with lego
    • 19th May 19, 12:56 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:56 PM
    Wow you are like wonderwoman.

I lay in bed til late morning, due to alcohol excess last night

Should know better at my age
    Originally posted by ska lover

Nah, not wonderwoman at all, just using the time available to Get Things Done, and have the children trained up now too. Just have the kitchen floor to mop and might go for a walk in a bit, before it rains!
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 19th May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 4,572 Posts
    • 11,910 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 19th May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:57 PM
    Prepped dinner for tonight. Pysching myself up to trying on summer clothes so I can find out what still fits as we're going on holiday next Sunday. Not too hopeful about shorts and swimming costume. If I can't fit into my clothes I will probably then spend the rest of the day online ordering a new wardrobe. I've also got to pay for an extra piece of hold luggage - I have to be realistic and accept the fact that we need a suitcase each, that a leopard can't change its it's spots and that I will decide that half a dozen pairs of shoes is the absolute minimum I need.
    • TripleH
    • By TripleH 19th May 19, 1:00 PM
    • 294 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    TripleH
    • 19th May 19, 1:00 PM
    • 19th May 19, 1:00 PM
    Sat at computer typing this. Trying to think of things to do that do't involve making a mess (we are selling up so house needs to be spotless) whilst watching our youngest cat lying asleep on his sister so he is closer to the light.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 19th May 19, 2:02 PM
    • 3,814 Posts
    • 1,999 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 19th May 19, 2:02 PM
    • 19th May 19, 2:02 PM
    Day started with completion of financial statement.
    Swim + walk. (Usual) I aim to do 15k steps by time day is out as Sunday's are no excuses day.
    Chilli scrambled eggs on toast for Breakie/brunch. I think I overdid the use of the dried chilli flakes but never mind.
    Went to Aldi's, was going to see if they have any more of the limited edition beanies from their once it's gone aisle but they are now out.
    No coffee to stock pile but I picked up some thin steaks for dinner this week.
    Stopped of at post office to send letter off signed for/recorded delivery. £1.90 for a Tuesday delivery. Let's see if I get a response in 12 days baring in mind the company promise their clients a 42 day turnaround and wanted to encourage me to use the 30 days up before sending them the financial statement.
    Will visit parents for the usual Sunday roast. This week I am taking them an Eton Mess dessert (always do something different to take each week)
    Going to job search for possibility of additional job and explore a shop job that has come up in my town which would be walkable.
    Go to bed early as last nights sleep time was terrible.
    Not leaving my 'childhood' Home without a fight
    • couriervanman
    • By couriervanman 19th May 19, 2:10 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    couriervanman
    • 19th May 19, 2:10 PM
    • 19th May 19, 2:10 PM
    Played 18 Holes of golf..........followed by feet up catching up on TV
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 19th May 19, 2:15 PM
    • 4,863 Posts
    • 12,185 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 19th May 19, 2:15 PM
    • 19th May 19, 2:15 PM
    Took part in the local 10K.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th May 19, 2:16 PM
    • 19,861 Posts
    • 50,436 Thanks
    elsien
    Car boot.
    Took Gitdog to visit poorly neighbour. Apologise for Gitdog.
    Did the last bits of a qualification to send to assessor.
    Couple of hours in a sadly neglected garden.

That brings me up to now.

The list for the rest of the day is :
    Do neighbours garden and get to the tip.
    household admin,
    dog walk,
    continue to ignore household tasks apart from the essentials, a spot of DIY

Cook Sunday dinner and sink into a glass of wine in front of whatever is on TV tonight.
    Last edited by elsien; 19-05-2019 at 2:22 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 19th May 19, 2:40 PM
    • 17,111 Posts
    • 283,821 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    So far - had breakfast, mucked out the chickens, planted beetroot, cabbages and courgettes, pulled some grown cabbages, weeded, dug and general tidy up around the allotment. Dropped something off at a friends, come home, had something to eat and there is a film on. I still need to go upstairs and sort out some clothes and put stuff away before doing dinner, having a bath and getting my stuff ready for tomorrow
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Biggest aim of this year - hope that my terminally ill brother sees Christmas and 2020
    • ibizafan
    • By ibizafan 19th May 19, 3:21 PM
    • 880 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    ibizafan
    I got up early, cleaned the house thoroughly, starting upstairs. Put two loads of washing on the line. Just ironed the lot. Also nipped to Sainsbury’s this morning for a few bits. Just sat down for two minutes and ordered a hat from Marks which will be ready to collect tomorrow. I’m just off to have a bath and then my OH and I are going next door but one for drinks for a neighbour’s 80th birthday. Phew!!
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 19th May 19, 3:49 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,315 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Crikey.

All these busy people

Drinking wine and watching various sports after a very pleasant lunch....

Maybe Midsomer Murders on the TV tonight......
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th May 19, 4:14 PM
    • 19,861 Posts
    • 50,436 Thanks
    elsien
    Crikey.

All these busy people

Drinking wine and watching various sports after a very pleasant lunch....

Maybe Midsomer Murders on the TV tonight......
    Originally posted by NeilCr
    Only because I'm feeling guilty about being hungover and doing very little yesterday.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 19th May 19, 4:16 PM
    • 3,142 Posts
    • 4,091 Thanks
    tealady
    Sod all
    As usual
    Coca I can and I want to
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 19th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 4,965 Thanks
    Marvel1
    3 episodes of Game of Thrones done, another 2 next ready for the finale! Avoided spoilers for the last 5 weeks
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 19th May 19, 5:35 PM
    • 12,326 Posts
    • 16,829 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Friend stayed as we were out last night for Eurovision shenanigans. Nursing a hangover today. Entering competitions and watching crap films. Very unproductive day lol.
    2019 wins: Bottle of Prosecco; Popcorn Shed popcorn; Moisturising 'M&S Time Capsules'; Case of Boost Sport + £30 Just Eat voucher; Battle Proms tickets and hotel; under-eye serum...

"Should know better." Apparently.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 19th May 19, 5:47 PM
    • 8,981 Posts
    • 32,324 Thanks
    Primrose
    My favourite day of the week. We try to make it a relaxing home day but the morning spent digging vegetable patch and sowing some satisfying straight lines of seeds and planting out some items bought at at plant swop event yesterday.

Roast lunch and then I'm afraid the inevitable but enjoyable post prandial snooze in armchair with sun streaming through the window.

And hopefully an early night and a reasonable night's sleep to fortify for the week ahead.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 19th May 19, 6:16 PM
    • 10,145 Posts
    • 35,399 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Shockingly little.
    Sorted some ebay wins to pack.
    Took sons to supermarket (if they've chosen the food, they're less likely to let it go icky but as teenagers, I sometimes worry they'll eat the dishcloth if in a curry sauce)
    Applauded the planting of herbs
    Got about halfway through a familiar book (I do love the Amelia Peabody series as her family of eccentrics make mine seem manageable.)
    Watched some of 'what we do in the dark' - the film before the TV series starts.
    (Avoided GoT spoilers, just...!)
    Gawked happily at Royal Wedding stuff & grinned at "blush" as a colour.
    Reality checked a cousin was being cheeky and responded with clear courtesy framing a clear No. (Something of an achievement for me.)
    Eaten half a pizza made by son - he's done well!
    Cheered on son revising before tomorrow's A levels start.
    Lounging planning to read more before bath & bed as work tomorrow.
    • Litha
    • By Litha 19th May 19, 6:38 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    Litha
    Lucky people with Sunday 'off'
    I was working, then I was working some more :-)
    Checking on what's on the to-do list for the week ahead, then some relaxation ( either reading or Netflix)
    L x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,741Posts Today

10,771Users online

Martin's Twitter