Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Benjibeeney
    • By Benjibeeney 19th May 19, 10:56 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Benjibeeney
    Courtesey car charges
    • 19th May 19, 10:56 AM
    Courtesey car charges 19th May 19 at 10:56 AM
    Hi all.
    I hope someone can kindly give me some advice.
    My 72 year old mum has car insurance through saga.
    A third party hit her car and their insurer contacted my mum. A friend told mum to speak to her insurer. She did and saga said to go via them rather than the third partys insurer. And they would sort the repair on her behalf via the other chaps insurance.
    Saga said they would sort her a courtesey car. They then passed her onto claim fast who i believe are owned by the same group as saga.
    She's a 72 year old women and signed the document from claimfast and gave them her credit card details telling her not to worry..she wont have to pay..it's just standard procedure.
    The hire car was for 8 weeks and was shipped up for 150 mikes away and was a ridiculous price..i think 200 a day for a vw golf. She didn't worry as she thought it was covered and that she was in safe hands with saga.
    She has now received a letter from claim fast and has been told she may be liable for the cost of the car hire which runs into thousands.
    The letter states that she needs to sign to give them authorisation to take the other guys insurer to court for the cost of the car hire, however if this fails my mum will be liable.
    What should she do?
    Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide.
    B
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th May 19, 12:42 PM
    • 39,267 Posts
    • 23,220 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 19th May 19, 12:42 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:42 PM
    She should send back the form signed as requested.

If she's not happy with saga then the route to go down is a complaint in line with their complaints procedure

Then if she is not happy with the reply or they ignore her for 8 weeks she can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to her
    Last edited by Quentin; 19-05-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,063Posts Today

8,990Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin