Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bella3711
    • By Bella3711 18th May 19, 5:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bella3711
    Credit file after dro
    • 18th May 19, 5:10 PM
    Credit file after dro 18th May 19 at 5:10 PM
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I was discharged from my Dro in July 2014. Most of the creditors that were included in my Dro have updated my account balance to zero and my accounts are showing as settled. However. I am still having problems with 3 different creditors who are still updating my balance every month and and reporting my account as defaulted. One creditor has also kept my PPI payment and say they paid it to my account to reduce the balance even though my account should be now closed. Is this correct? I am trying to sort these problems out and seem to be getting nowhere with any of these companies. Could someone advise what I can do next?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 18th May 19, 7:38 PM
    • 17,475 Posts
    • 16,466 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 18th May 19, 7:38 PM
    • 18th May 19, 7:38 PM
    Hi,

All entries will disappear from your credit file this year anyway, you should have complained straight away after your DRO completed, then escalated it to the ICO if they did not comply, it’s a bit late now.

The PPI you should complain about though, the debt they reduced was written off in your DRO, so did not exist.

Send a written complaint, then escalate to the FOS if necessary, why have you waited 5 years though, I fear you may now be out of time to complain.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

3,497Users online

Martin's Twitter