Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Churchfarm
    • By Churchfarm 18th May 19, 2:38 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Churchfarm
    Balance Transfer offers
    • 18th May 19, 2:38 PM
    Balance Transfer offers 18th May 19 at 2:38 PM
    Hi everyone
    I have two credit cards with halifax. One has a high limit, nearly 15k and is 80% utilised with a 0% BT and is being paid down at nearly 3 times the minimum payment.

It has a current 0% balance and money transfer offer although only for 9 months.

The other has a limit of 3.2k. It was full with the introductory 0% offer but has been paid down and is now 18% utilised. It has no BT or MT offer and again is regularly overpaid.. To my knowledge I have a clean history with no missed payments.
    Can anyone explain why one should have an offer on but not the other please?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 18th May 19, 2:43 PM
    • 23,842 Posts
    • 26,514 Thanks
    zx81
    • 18th May 19, 2:43 PM
    • 18th May 19, 2:43 PM
    Because offers are different not only across cards, and also within and across customer accounts.
    • Churchfarm
    • By Churchfarm 19th May 19, 5:40 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Churchfarm
    • 19th May 19, 5:40 PM
    • 19th May 19, 5:40 PM
    Cheers is there any way I could request an offer if I ring up do you think? Or does the computer just say "no"??
    • adindas
    • By adindas 19th May 19, 5:53 PM
    • 4,165 Posts
    • 2,636 Thanks
    adindas
    • 19th May 19, 5:53 PM
    • 19th May 19, 5:53 PM
    Cheers is there any way I could request an offer if I ring up do you think? Or does the computer just say "no"??
    Originally posted by Churchfarm

Highly unlikely for obvious reason.

You will get a better chance if you apply another credit card from different companies.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 4,429 Posts
    • 3,977 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    But there is no harm in ringing Halifax and asking them though...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter