Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexa123
    • By alexa123 17th May 19, 7:37 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    alexa123
    No claim discount bonus not protecte, claim will reset to NCB to zero?
    • 17th May 19, 7:37 PM
    No claim discount bonus not protecte, claim will reset to NCB to zero? 17th May 19 at 7:37 PM
    I've over 9 years of no claim but not protected this year. If I make any claim at my fault, will it reset to zero my no claim discount bonus. How much premium I can expect to be increased in the next year premium.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 17th May 19, 7:43 PM
    • 34,439 Posts
    • 21,784 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 17th May 19, 7:43 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:43 PM
    I've over 9 years of no claim but not protected this year. If I make any claim at my fault, will it reset to zero my no claim discount bonus. How much premium I can expect to be increased in the next year premium.
    Originally posted by alexa123
    Speak to your insurer if it will reset your ncd, this should be detailed in the documentation you got from the insurer or on the website . As for how much premium you can expect to pay, well its anyones guess, we don't have access to the algorithms insurers use so again you would be better off asking your insurer.
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 17th May 19, 7:48 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    angrycrow
    • 17th May 19, 7:48 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:48 PM
    Most insurers will treat the maximum bonus as 5 years. They then knock off 2 years for a claim dropping the 9 years ncd back to three years.

If you look at your policy documents they should tell you how much a claim would reduce the ncb by.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th May 19, 1:18 PM
    • 39,389 Posts
    • 23,379 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th May 19, 1:18 PM
    • 18th May 19, 1:18 PM
    You can get an idea of what difference this loss of NCD and claim will make to future premiums now by doing dummy quotes online
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,260Posts Today

7,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Today's Twitter Poll: How do you view nuclear power? Is it an environmentally friendly form of clean renewable ene? https://t.co/WE5pRJ1Jsx

• So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Follow Martin