Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • L5robson
    • By L5robson 17th May 19, 12:05 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    L5robson
    Dro and a phone contract
    • 17th May 19, 12:05 PM
    Dro and a phone contract 17th May 19 at 12:05 PM
    So I'm on a phone contract that is swap 24 and I can swap my phone now for one that's the same price pretty much. 35 something I think the new one is. But I have got my appointment with my debt advisor to go through the dro next week. Would it be okay to get my phone contract out now? As I've got one atm anyway and wouldnt be included!
Page 1
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 17th May 19, 1:43 PM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 17th May 19, 1:43 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:43 PM
    If you're about to enter a DRO, why would you want to tie yourself up for a new phone?

Once the initial contract is up,m SIM only deals are about a third of that price..
    • L5robson
    • By L5robson 17th May 19, 3:03 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    L5robson
    • 17th May 19, 3:03 PM
    • 17th May 19, 3:03 PM
    I'm not asking for advice on why I'm getting one. As I need one and its easier for me to pay monthly than by a new one. I just want to know the question I have asked
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 19, 3:28 PM
    • 18,438 Posts
    • 17,329 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 19, 3:28 PM
    • 17th May 19, 3:28 PM
    Hi,

It has no bearing on anything what you do with the phone.

The DRO will not be affected one bit.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Helping you deal with problem debt.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
    • L5robson
    • By L5robson 17th May 19, 4:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    L5robson
    • 17th May 19, 4:33 PM
    • 17th May 19, 4:33 PM
    Oh that's great!! Thankyou for your help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,990Posts Today

6,296Users online

Martin's Twitter