Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • petrolheadno1
    • By petrolheadno1 16th May 19, 4:34 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    petrolheadno1
    Switching energy supplier
    • 16th May 19, 4:34 PM
    Switching energy supplier 16th May 19 at 4:34 PM
    Hi
    I have a question. Last month, I switched energy supplier from Eon to Scottish Power.

Scottish Power gave eon readings and I had 610 in credit with Eon tied up. After scottish power gave the readings to Eon, I discovered I only got a cheque for 155.

I'm confused by this and it doesn't sound right as I paid 120 last month and 120 the month before.

I have tried talking to Eon but they are giving me vague answers.

How can I go about disputing and challenging this?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Matty36
    • By Matty36 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    Matty36
    • 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:28 PM
    Only thing I can advise is to use the Resolver website, it helps greatly with complaints.
    You will need to go through your bills and arm yourself with proof as to why the amount they sent you is incorrect.
    • JStewer
    • By JStewer 16th May 19, 6:33 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    JStewer
    • 16th May 19, 6:33 PM
    • 16th May 19, 6:33 PM
    Hi
    I have a question. Last month, I switched energy supplier from Eon to Scottish Power.

Scottish Power gave eon readings and I had 610 in credit with Eon tied up. After scottish power gave the readings to Eon, I discovered I only got a cheque for 155.

I'm confused by this and it doesn't sound right as I paid 120 last month and 120 the month before.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by petrolheadno1
    You can follow the supplier's complaint procedure, giving details of why you think it is wrong

Probably better to pop along to the CAB with your bill and they will fully explain it to you. They really are not that difficult to understand in most instances.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 16th May 19, 7:26 PM
    • 4,328 Posts
    • 2,758 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 16th May 19, 7:26 PM
    • 16th May 19, 7:26 PM
    Did you switch both gas and electric ?

If so the refund will be just for one with the second to follow.

610 is a lot of credit to build up - hopefully you were able to give accurate figures to SP
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • petrolheadno1
    • By petrolheadno1 16th May 19, 7:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    petrolheadno1
    • 16th May 19, 7:36 PM
    • 16th May 19, 7:36 PM
    Yes both gas and electric
    • Thomas Edison
    • By Thomas Edison 16th May 19, 11:04 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Thomas Edison
    • 16th May 19, 11:04 PM
    • 16th May 19, 11:04 PM
    You need to check the readings that were used in your final bill, if those are right double check the calculations but it's most likely the bills is right
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 17th May 19, 9:06 AM
    • 17th May 19, 9:06 AM
    Morning petrolheadno1 and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the credit on the account is from before the final bill has been produced.

When customers change supplier, the new supplier provides the old supplier with the meter reads, these then go through a number of third parties to be verified.

Have you received the final bill for both the gas and electricity?

Do the meter reads on your final bill from us for both fuels match what your new supplier has started your account from? Are these the reads you provided to your new supplier?

It will show on your final bill, what the charges were and how much credit was left.

I would check these things first, then we can go from there.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Takmon
    • By Takmon 17th May 19, 9:07 AM
    • 586 Posts
    • 556 Thanks
    Takmon
    • 17th May 19, 9:07 AM
    • 17th May 19, 9:07 AM
    Hi

Thanks.
    Originally posted by petrolheadno1
    How often did you provide them with meter readings before and have you even looked at your bills to check the readings/calculations?.

It all very well saying it "doesn't sound right" but all the information is on the bills and it's not difficult to work it out yourself and see if there any mistakes and how much they owed you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,741Posts Today

8,015Users online

Martin's Twitter