Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 16th May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 245Posts
    • 61Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    Virgin Mobile to offer free data or compensation after outage - MSE News
    • 16th May 19, 3:16 PM
    Virgin Mobile to offer free data or compensation after outage - MSE News 16th May 19 at 3:16 PM
    Virgin Mobile customers who were affected by Tuesday's outage will be offered free data or compensation, the firm has announced...
    Read the full story:
    'Virgin Mobile to offer free data or compensation after outage'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 16th May 19, 5:45 PM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 16th May 19, 5:45 PM
    • 16th May 19, 5:45 PM
    so you have to use the 5GB on sunday?

Not very good ??!!
    • ViolaLass
    • By ViolaLass 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    • 5,587 Posts
    • 7,709 Thanks
    ViolaLass
    • 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    • 16th May 19, 8:43 PM
    Agreed. Why data that has to be used in one day?
    • andyt8
    • By andyt8 17th May 19, 6:56 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    andyt8
    • 17th May 19, 6:56 AM
    Virgin compensation useless to me.
    • 17th May 19, 6:56 AM
    I was trying to make PHONE CALLS all Tuesday afternoon when the Virgin network was down.

What use is free data for a phone that is a simple 2G phone. They know I don't use data if they look at my account usage.

I am NOT happy with this so called compensation. I deserve a free days rental credit like they are giving the unlimited data people.

Time to look into moving network - I've just stuck with them since buying my phone and contract from them some 10yrs ago.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 17th May 19, 7:38 AM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 17th May 19, 7:38 AM
    • 17th May 19, 7:38 AM
    I was trying to make PHONE CALLS all Tuesday afternoon when the Virgin network was down.

What use is free data for a phone that is a simple 2G phone. They know I don't use data if they look at my account usage.

I am NOT happy with this so called compensation. I deserve a free days rental credit like they are giving the unlimited data people.

Time to look into moving network - I've just stuck with them since buying my phone and contract from them some 10yrs ago.
    Originally posted by andyt8
    You should demand the 20 pence or so for the lost day of service.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 18th May 19, 9:25 AM
    • 3,810 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 18th May 19, 9:25 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:25 AM
    I'm have had 5GB added today, (SAT).

Can't use any of it though, as it using my allowance first.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

102Posts Today

2,047Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin