Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wood1980
    • By Wood1980 15th May 19, 9:33 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wood1980
    Execution of will
    • 15th May 19, 9:33 AM
    Execution of will 15th May 19 at 9:33 AM
    Hi
    Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.

I have been named as a beneficiarie in my grandparents will, and I will receive 25% of the estate.
    Probate has finished and there is a figure in the probate which I assume I will receive 25% off.
    My mother is the executor of the will, however she has not said anything about distributing anything to me, I have had to buy a copy of the will just so I know what has been said.
    There is a property involved and the will states it should be sold, however she is planning to move in.
    Is there a time frame that the will should be settled?
    Is there any legal advice I can receive about forcing her to execute the will?
    Does she have to execute the will?

Thank for your help.
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 15th May 19, 9:49 AM
    • 5,383 Posts
    • 4,544 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 15th May 19, 9:49 AM
    • 15th May 19, 9:49 AM
    Hi
    Not sure if I'm in the correct forum.

I have been named as a beneficiarie in my grandparents will, and I will receive 25% of the estate.
    Probate has finished and there is a figure in the probate which I assume I will receive 25% off.
    My mother is the executor of the will, however she has not said anything about distributing anything to me, I have had to buy a copy of the will just so I know what has been said.
    There is a property involved and the will states it should be sold, however she is planning to move in.
    Is there a time frame that the will should be settled?
    Is there any legal advice I can receive about forcing her to execute the will?
    Does she have to execute the will?

Thank for your help.
    Originally posted by Wood1980
    The executor MUST execute the will as soon as reasonably possible. Thee executor has o right to occupy the property and is abusing her position. I would suggest you write a polite but firm letter telling her she must respond within 14 days or face legal action. SHE will be liable for the costs. If this fails you have no option but to start action against her. You need a solicitor who deals with contentious probate, not all do
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,697Posts Today

6,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin