Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kareneva
    • By Kareneva 14th May 19, 8:17 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kareneva
    Samsung Galaxy no buds
    • 14th May 19, 8:17 PM
    Samsung Galaxy no buds 14th May 19 at 8:17 PM
    ok so earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. Bearing in mind you had to submit a claim request which I did with all the necessary information.

I then waited to receive confirmation of my claim being successful. Great! I got a message to say yes my claim had been received and validated so I could look forward to receiving my free buds within 30 days:

30 days later still no buds so I contact the promotions team to find out what the delay is only to be advised that they have decided I am not eligible as I ordered the s10 E not the S10 or S10+. So I'm like, hang on a second you verified my claim, you can't just change your mind, your mistake, not mine, right? Wrong! They say they are just the promo team and rules are rules!!!!

Next step for me is to write to Samsung so this is what I do and send an email to the CEO or one of the minions there anyway. I get a reply quite quickly asking once again for all the documentation that I sent on the original claim. In a nutshell they basically wouldn't agree to send me the buds even though it was their mistake and wouldn't even offer any compensation.

A big company like that shouldn't have to apologise or try and keep their customers happy right??

Then to rub it in even further I got another email from the promo team saying sorry for the delay in receiving your buds they will be with you soon we had a backlog of enquiries!!!Needless to say I haven't received them and probably never will. Come on Samsung sort it out!
    Last edited by Kareneva; 14-05-2019 at 9:04 PM.
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 14th May 19, 8:26 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 3,999 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 14th May 19, 8:26 PM
    • 14th May 19, 8:26 PM
    Please - edit out some of those smilies and insert paragraphs!
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 15th May 19, 1:07 AM
    • 10,903 Posts
    • 12,360 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 15th May 19, 1:07 AM
    • 15th May 19, 1:07 AM
    ok so earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. (
    Originally posted by Kareneva
    They had a deal where you could claim free buds but only if you purchased an S10 or S10+. You didn't purchase either of these so you didn't qualify.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/

Claim your Galaxy Buds
    If you pre-ordered the Galaxy S10 or S10+, you can claim a pair of Galaxy Buds through the Samsung Members app on your new device.

only to be advised that they have decided I am not eligible as I ordered the s10 E not the S10 or S10+.
    So they made a mistake and simply corrected that mistake.

In a nutshell they basically wouldn't agree to send me the buds even though it was their mistake and wouldn't even offer any compensation.
    Compensation?
    What do you need compensation for?
    You haven't suffered any loss as you were never entitled to receive the free buds.
    • Kareneva
    • By Kareneva 15th May 19, 5:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kareneva
    • 15th May 19, 5:12 AM
    • 15th May 19, 5:12 AM
    Hey Shaun thanks for your input. Yes I get that mistakes happen but I suppose what's annoyed me is the fact that I had to press for an apology and I don't get the feeling that they were sorry. Also even after admitting the error tgey haven't rectified it as they continued sending me emails to confirm that I would receive the goods soon. Shame because I like the products but the service is poor.
    • KatrinaWaves
    • By KatrinaWaves 15th May 19, 7:17 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    KatrinaWaves
    • 15th May 19, 7:17 AM
    • 15th May 19, 7:17 AM
    Hey Shaun thanks for your input. Yes I get that mistakes happen but I suppose what's annoyed me is the fact that I had to press for an apology and I don't get the feeling that they were sorry. Also even after admitting the error tgey haven't rectified it as they continued sending me emails to confirm that I would receive the goods soon. Shame because I like the products but the service is poor.
    Did you apologise for not reading the terms and all submitting a claim with an ineligible phone? You both made mistakes.

They’re not sorry! Why would they be!
    • Moglex
    • By Moglex 15th May 19, 7:28 AM
    • 1,414 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    Moglex
    • 15th May 19, 7:28 AM
    • 15th May 19, 7:28 AM
    You are correct that it is appalling customer service.

It's only a pair of buds - it's not as if it's going to cost them a fortune to make a goodwill gesture to ameliorate their error in telling you your claim had been validated.

You also have to wonder about the mind blowing inefficiency of a company that has a system that validates claims for a trivial item, agrees the claim, sends an email agreeing the claim, and then does another checking process that not only yields a contradictory result but also fails to inform the customer.

Nothing much to be done about it, but, to anyone with an ounce of business sense, it makes them look pretty stupid.
    • Moglex
    • By Moglex 15th May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 1,414 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    Moglex
    • 15th May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 15th May 19, 7:39 AM
    They’re not sorry! Why would they be!
    Originally posted by KatrinaWaves
    For issuing false information - i.e. that the claim had been validated.

The customer is not acting as a professional businessperson, s/he's acting as a customer. Customers are not expected to have robust systems to ensure against mistakes.

The company, on the other hand, is supposed to be acting in a competent and professional manner which they have failed to do by implementing two validation systems that yield contradictory results and not informing the customer that what they had previously promised - i.e. that s/he would receive the buds in 30 days, would not happen.

It's rather worrying that anyone would think that a company that tells someone it is going to do one thing and then changes its mind, and does not inform the customer until a month later, and then only after being prompted, should not consider a proper apology to be good business practice.

I just hope that, with your attitude, you are not in any responsible position within a business.

BTW, the second sentence of yours, quoted above, is a question, and should be terminated by a question mark, not an exclamation mark. Using an exclamation mark in that way makes you look overexcited.
    • KatrinaWaves
    • By KatrinaWaves 15th May 19, 10:25 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    KatrinaWaves
    • 15th May 19, 10:25 AM
    • 15th May 19, 10:25 AM

It's only a pair of buds - it's not as if it's going to cost them a fortune to make a goodwill gesture to ameliorate their error in telling you your claim had been validated.

You also have to wonder about the mind blowing inefficiency of a company that has a system that validates claims for a trivial item, agrees the claim, sends an email agreeing the claim, and then does another checking process that not only yields a contradictory result but also fails to inform the customer.

Nothing much to be done about it, but, to anyone with an ounce of business sense, it makes them look pretty stupid.
    Originally posted by Moglex
    This forum is called consumer rights, not consumer hand holding.

Expecting a heart felt apology from a customer services agent is silly, they literally could not care less, and why would they.

Mistakes were made by both parties. That does not mean one party gets some free tech. If the item is trivial, why is the OP upset?
    Last edited by KatrinaWaves; 15-05-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 15th May 19, 11:36 AM
    • 12,073 Posts
    • 7,880 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 15th May 19, 11:36 AM
    • 15th May 19, 11:36 AM
    earlier this year I bought myself a new Samsung S10E phone. I pre-ordered it and they had a deal on so you could claim a free pair of Galaxy buds. Bearing in mind you had to submit a claim request which I did with all the necessary information.

I then waited to receive confirmation of my claim being successful. Great! I got a message to say yes my claim had been received and validated so I could look forward to receiving my free buds within 30 days:
    (
    it looks like there were 2 errors made
    1) you submitted a claim for buds you were not entitled to as you had not pre-ordered one of the two phone types that qualified for the deal
    2) Samsung (assuming the customer had read the terms for the deal) missed the fact that it was a non-qualifying product and made an error in stating it was a valid claim when it was not

the claim should never had been submitted as the phone type did not qualify. Samsung should have rejected it straight away
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th May 19, 11:39 AM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 7,081 Thanks
    DoaM
    the claim should never had been submitted as the phone type did not qualify. Samsung should have rejected it straight away
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    In other words - call it quits.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th May 19, 11:40 AM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 7,081 Thanks
    DoaM
    This forum is called consumer rights, not consumer hand holding.
    Originally posted by KatrinaWaves
    This forum is actually called Praise, Vent & Warnings (unless the thread has been moved).
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • KatrinaWaves
    • By KatrinaWaves 15th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    KatrinaWaves
    This forum is actually called Praise, Vent & Warnings (unless the thread has been moved).
    Originally posted by DoaM
    *shakes fist at the world*
    • alecwood
    • By alecwood 16th May 19, 8:37 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alecwood
    Go on their forums, or write to the CS team at Chertsey, calmly and politely state what happened - their CS team spend a fair bit of time on forums, but they're mega busy so write plainly without emojis, sarcasm or coloquialities that might not be understood by someone whose first language isn't English - something along the lines of;

I bought the product, thought I was entitled to the freebie and claimed it, claim was verified, then only when I chased delivery was the verification withdrawn - I appreciate you don't have to give me any but please understand that because the claim was verified I am disappointed not to have got them

then see what happens, but be honest with yourself - you made a mistake too, your mistake is the root cause of this saga, so Samsung's obligations are zero, all you're doing is asking them to be that "above and beyond" company that perhaps you expect them to be
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 2,315 Thanks
    giraffe69
    Best not to use phrases such as "I was like.............."
    • Hermione Granger
    • By Hermione Granger 16th May 19, 7:50 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 1,777 Thanks
    Hermione Granger

It's only a pair of buds -
    Originally posted by Moglex
    "Only a pair of buds" that cost in the region of £120 and I can't see many companies giving away goods of that value when they don't have to.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 17th May 19, 7:41 AM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 7,081 Thanks
    DoaM
    "Only a pair of buds" that cost retail in the region of £120
    Originally posted by Hermione Granger
    Fixed that for you. The cost to Samsung is nowhere near £120. In fact I'd be surprised if they're paying more than £20 a set.
    Diary of a madman
    Entries of confusion
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th May 19, 3:28 PM
    • 34,408 Posts
    • 21,757 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Any news OP ?
    • Kareneva
    • By Kareneva 20th May 19, 9:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kareneva
    No news
    I did already try and contact both the promotions team and Samsung with a reasonable request to make good the promise, but to no avail. In fact the promotions team just kept responding with the same standard reply, a cut and paste job.

Samsung did appear to be more concerned but in the end just referred to terms and conditions and said they couldn't breach these. So that's all folks.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and input.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,608Posts Today

8,100Users online

Martin's Twitter