Argos praise

Options
I've never bought from Argos before today when I wanted a new free-standing towel rail to replace an ancient and broken one.

My order confirmation arrived at 12.06p.m. and I had the item at 3.30p.m. As the item was fairly cheap I opted to pay the delivery fee, it was so worth it.

The service was really good so praise is due.

Praise to me too for managing to put the blooming thing together in about 10 minutes flat, my first ever attempt at that.

Comments

• Herongull
    Herongull Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also bought stuff from Argos recently and their delivery service is amazing. You can usually get same day delivery (unless you are ordering very late in the day) and you get to choose a 3 hour slot for the delivery and then they update you by text to give you a more specific slot (around 1 and a half hours). For example, you can choose 7pm to 10pm which must be perfect for people who are working during the day.

They have decent (IKEA-like) flat-pack furniture with prices competitive with IKEA but IKEA charges around £9 per delivery for a smallish item and much more for a larger item and Argos charges £3.95 (for their much better service).

You can sometimes find promotion codes that give free delivery at Argos for orders over £50 etc.

If you don't mind collecting, they have click and collect for most (all?) Sainsbury's supermarkets so usually more convenient than IKEA.
  • steve900
    steve900 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Works well for me too. I normally don't "do" delivery charges, but on the bank holiday I was painting my hallway which is massive. I was running out of white emulsion for the ceiling and to go back to B&Q would have cost me an hour of my time so just went onto Argos and for under £4 delivery, I got a new can of Johnstone's emulsion delivered whilst I got on with painting the walls.

This same day delivery concept is a big reason why Argos was bought by Sainsbury. As an aside, if anyone is decorating soon, Jonstone's emulsion paint is great. I would not recommend either their non drip gloss or their quick dry gloss, both require two coats.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure