Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starM
    • By starM 7th May 19, 5:38 PM
    • 1,424Posts
    • 186Thanks
    starM
    Tandem card application
    • 7th May 19, 5:38 PM
    Tandem card application 7th May 19 at 5:38 PM
    Hi,

My other half applied for Tandem Cashback card on 21st April. The applicatiom was referred. She just had a chat via there app and they said the applicatiom is on verification stage. I have asked him what is verification stage and how long it would take for a decision but he could not answer

What is verification stage amd how long does it take for decision. This 3rd week now.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th May 19, 5:58 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 3,038 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th May 19, 5:58 PM
    • 7th May 19, 5:58 PM
    As long as it takes I guess.
    • Anthonyuk95
    • By Anthonyuk95 7th May 19, 10:16 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Anthonyuk95
    • 7th May 19, 10:16 PM
    • 7th May 19, 10:16 PM
    Hi,

My other half applied for Tandem Cashback card on 21st April. The applicatiom was referred. She just had a chat via there app and they said the applicatiom is on verification stage. I have asked him what is verification stage and how long it would take for a decision but he could not answer

What is verification stage amd how long does it take for decision. This 3rd week now.

Thanks
    Originally posted by starM
    You arenít entitled to credit and Tandem certainly are unable no obligation to offer you any credit at all. The credit issuer can literally drag its feet for as long as it wishes I suspect. Itís just a case of playing the waiting game youíre still entitled to your 14 days withdrawal rights.
    • starM
    • By starM 8th May 19, 2:57 AM
    • 1,424 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    starM
    • 8th May 19, 2:57 AM
    • 8th May 19, 2:57 AM
    Thanks for replying back. I am aware of that its not a guaranteed card but they should have service level to meet. I am sure we are not the first one application has been referred and other people in similar position should be able to say how long there applicaton took.

My other half also has a Tandem savings account and received an email for a refer a friend with £10 Amazon giftcard. It states to click on the link but there are no links on the email.
    • beany_bot
    • By beany_bot 8th May 19, 7:29 AM
    • 471 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    beany_bot
    • 8th May 19, 7:29 AM
    • 8th May 19, 7:29 AM
    Have a look at the many many threads started by people complaining about Tandem. e.g. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5815394

Many people have had problems with them. 3 weeks is absurd for a credit check to be honest. Just throw it on the every growing pile of bad service and problems people are having with Tandem.
    As much as the apologists will try and defend Tandem, they clearly aren't doing a good job.
    • yams
    • By yams 12th May 19, 10:54 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    yams
    • 12th May 19, 10:54 AM
    • 12th May 19, 10:54 AM
    I've been waiting 5 weeks now and I saw they did the credit check straight away but when I've asked it's still been processing. The initial application said they would require further details for verification but when I asked they said they didn't need anything.

I don't mind waiting... it just would be nice to be given an explanation or a timeframe, even if it is just that they are short staffed or there's an issue with my application.
    • penguineater
    • By penguineater 19th May 19, 4:32 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    penguineater
    • 19th May 19, 4:32 PM
    • 19th May 19, 4:32 PM
    I've been waiting 5 weeks now and I saw they did the credit check straight away but when I've asked it's still been processing. The initial application said they would require further details for verification but when I asked they said they didn't need anything.

I don't mind waiting... it just would be nice to be given an explanation or a timeframe, even if it is just that they are short staffed or there's an issue with my application.
    Originally posted by yams

I just took out a card and it went through straight away. Maybe yours was flagged for manual verification.

Did you get accepted?
    • yams
    • By yams 20th May 19, 5:39 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    yams
    • 20th May 19, 5:39 PM
    • 20th May 19, 5:39 PM
    I've still not heard back from them. I'll wait a little bit longer then apply somewhere else I think. The only communication I've had from them are automated messages asking me to recommend/review them.
    • beany_bot
    • By beany_bot 21st May 19, 7:55 AM
    • 471 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    beany_bot
    • 21st May 19, 7:55 AM
    • 21st May 19, 7:55 AM
    I've still not heard back from them. I'll wait a little bit longer then apply somewhere else I think. The only communication I've had from them are automated messages asking me to recommend/review them.
    Originally posted by yams
    Run far away. They are terrible. New stories every week on here from people having problems. Terrible reviews everywhere online too. I wouldn't trust them with my money or data at all.
    • yams
    • By yams 23rd May 19, 5:34 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    yams
    You're probably right. I was planning on getting an Amex card later in the year to use the cashback when I buy a new laptop and don't want to have another search on my credit file so I'll leave it for now. I don't need a credit card right now. I was just hoping for one without foreign transaction fees (and of course the cashback is a nice bonus).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,361Posts Today

5,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin