Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 3rd May 19, 2:32 PM
    • 543Posts
    • 187Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise - MSE News
    • 3rd May 19, 2:32 PM
    Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise - MSE News 3rd May 19 at 2:32 PM
    TalkTalk is increasing prices for hundreds of thousands of out-of-contract customers from next month - but if you're affected you can switch to a better deal penalty-free...
    Read the full story:
    'Loyal TalkTalk customers' broadband bills hiked by up to £36/yr - how to beat the rise'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • VT82
    • By VT82 7th May 19, 12:31 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    VT82
    • 7th May 19, 12:31 PM
    • 7th May 19, 12:31 PM
    Fixed it for you. Unless you are going to accompany it with a picture of a compo sad face, please stop misusing the word 'loyal'.
    • joe134
    • By joe134 9th May 19, 8:27 AM
    • 3,267 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    joe134
    • 9th May 19, 8:27 AM
    • 9th May 19, 8:27 AM
    Just renegotiated my package 2months early with TT.
    Changed my Fast BB unlimited and anytime calls which I am /was paying £24.95 pm to unlimited fibre BB and anytime calls for £22.50 pm.
    Been with them years and didn’t fancy changing and losing number.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 9th May 19, 4:25 PM
    • 6,945 Posts
    • 19,805 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 9th May 19, 4:25 PM
    • 9th May 19, 4:25 PM
    Just renegotiated my package 2months early with TT.
    Changed my Fast BB unlimited and anytime calls which I am /was paying £24.95 pm to unlimited fibre BB and anytime calls for £22.50 pm.
    Been with them years and didnít fancy changing and losing number.
    Originally posted by joe134
    Sound like a good deal. Got to negotiate with them pretty soon and it's useful information to have.

I'm currently paying them £30 for that, with the add-ons such as call forwarding included.
    • joe134
    • By joe134 10th May 19, 7:03 AM
    • 3,267 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    joe134
    • 10th May 19, 7:03 AM
    • 10th May 19, 7:03 AM
    Sound like a good deal. Got to negotiate with them pretty soon and it's useful information to have.

I'm currently paying them £30 for that, with the add-ons such as call forwarding included.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Hi Doc, I think it Ďs a reasonable deal, if only TT would active it !
    They said the a/c would be updated within 24 hrs and new speeds within 48 hours.
    Still on same old contract as yet and 13 mbs
    Tried their chat line but no joy as yet?
    Give them another go today.
    Usually pretty good !
    Hope I am not texting fate
    • optimist?
    • By optimist? 15th May 19, 3:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    optimist?
    • 15th May 19, 3:07 PM
    • 15th May 19, 3:07 PM
    My mother was convinced by a neighbour to go to talktalk for a phone broadband package despite me telling her not to - she is 92, deaf and has dementia- HE set it up for her anyway. Now I am trying to get them to transfer her to the cheaper deal but they won't accept my instructions as I do not have POA (she is already diagnosed) and I don't know the password, She doesn't know it, Neighbour says he can't remember it, so I am stuck. Apparently any total stranger can set someone else up with a talktalk account but a relative can't get them out of it! Am being stonewalled by moronic talktalk operatives who can't be bothered to 'go off script', any suggestions?
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 15th May 19, 4:16 PM
    • 6,945 Posts
    • 19,805 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 15th May 19, 4:16 PM
    • 15th May 19, 4:16 PM
    My mother was convinced by a neighbour to go to talktalk for a phone broadband package despite me telling her not to - she is 92, deaf and has dementia- HE set it up for her anyway. Now I am trying to get them to transfer her to the cheaper deal but they won't accept my instructions as I do not have POA (she is already diagnosed) and I don't know the password, She doesn't know it, Neighbour says he can't remember it, so I am stuck. Apparently any total stranger can set someone else up with a talktalk account but a relative can't get them out of it! Am being stonewalled by moronic talktalk operatives who can't be bothered to 'go off script', any suggestions?
    Originally posted by optimist?
    Might be worth trying the CEO at tristia.harrison@talktalkplc.com.

You won't get her personally, but you might get to a team that can handle the situation better than the ones you've already tried. TalkTalk are, unfortunately, awful if you have anything slightly off-piste to deal with.
    • optimist?
    • By optimist? 17th May 19, 1:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    optimist?
    • 17th May 19, 1:54 PM
    • 17th May 19, 1:54 PM
    Thanks Doc, I have just sent an email there - with small hope that I will get a response that even I could comprehend, let alone my mother. Our total family experience of talktalk is that they are an ongoing disaster area (already been through this virtually identical situation before with my Mother in Law). Once they have got you you can't make them listen or see sense: they begin by doing their damndest to hide any contact phone numbers so you can't 'bother them'! If all else fails I will go to a comparison/Switch site and transfer her over to someone like Plusnet, as she is "currently on our standard out of contract price" (according to her bills) and should not have to pay any penalties.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,127Posts Today

6,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin