Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AG47
    • By AG47 3rd May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 1,393Posts
    • 327Thanks
    AG47
    Dro accepted but still getting hassled
    • 3rd May 19, 12:32 PM
    Dro accepted but still getting hassled 3rd May 19 at 12:32 PM
    Iím well into the first year, but still getting hassled by them.

I had it is possible to sue if they keep on harassing you?

What are the next steps please to start a lawsuit against them because they keep harassing me even after the dro has been approved?

Can anybody recommend a good legal team?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Page 1
    • RickAndLucy
    • By RickAndLucy 3rd May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RickAndLucy
    • 3rd May 19, 12:57 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 12:57 PM
    I had a few phonecalls/letters after the DRO, one when I was months in, I just phoned them, sent them a copy of my DRO and it all stopped. Don't think you need a legal team.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 3rd May 19, 2:06 PM
    • 13,889 Posts
    • 10,925 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 3rd May 19, 2:06 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 2:06 PM
    What are you getting?

If it is just a statement of account, they are allowed t send those during the moratorium as the debt is not written off until the end of the 12 months.

If they are demanding money then send them a copy of your debtor's notice.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th May 19, 4:23 PM
    • 17,460 Posts
    • 16,452 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 4th May 19, 4:23 PM
    • 4th May 19, 4:23 PM
    I had a particulaly stubbon debt purchasing company called " Asset Collections" that bought one of the debts included in my DRO.

Despite numerous letters, during and after the monotorium period, they continued to demand money from me.

After numerous rounds of letter tennis, i decided to have a little fun with them, after all the debt was legally written off, and they had no remedy against me whatsoever.

So i sent a written complaint to there compliance manager, outligning in great detail how he/she should be doing their job, when clearly there were not, i also invoiced them for £150 for my time, i told them my compensation could be trippled if i took them to the FOS, on top of that, they would also lose there £550 FOS case fee.

A week later i got a grudging appology and a cheque for £150, and conformation the matter was now closed.

I suggest you don`t get mad, get even, have a little fun with them too, and make some money while your at it.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 04-05-2019 at 4:25 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin