Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 3rd May 19, 11:12 AM
    • 548Posts
    • 189Thanks
    MSE Callum
    100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News
    • 3rd May 19, 11:12 AM
    100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News 3rd May 19 at 11:12 AM
    EE is to hike its broadband prices by £24/year on average from next month - but if you're affected you can cancel your contract penalty-free...
    Read the full story:
    '100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 18th May 19, 9:30 AM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    EE do a £4 and £8 / month call package last time I looked
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 18th May 19, 10:56 AM
    • 199 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    Yes odd that. I think someones confused. Perhaps they just meant the mobile calls are 1500 minutes rather than unlimited??

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/home-broadband/ee-home-price-guide.pdf

Weekend calls to UK landlines £2.00

Anytime calls to UK landlines £5.00

Anytime calls to UK landlines & mobiles £8.00
    1,500 minutes to call UK mobile numbers (excluding Isle of Man,
    Jersey & Guernsey)

Anytime UK &
    International calls £12.00
    • btr30
    • By btr30 21st May 19, 3:26 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    btr30
    My bill was due to rise from £32 to £35 pm (fibre plus anytime UK calls), so called to cancel as was interested in Vodafone £21 fibre deal ( no calls but £90 cashback via Quidco)
    New bill now £24 with calls, so quite happy. No cashback but don't have to go around changing router details in all devices for a while.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 21st May 19, 5:45 PM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    You can just change the router details to match the old one!

Providing the old password meets new password rules (e.g capital letter and number included)
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 22nd May 19, 6:25 PM
    • 2,338 Posts
    • 1,551 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    I called EE as I was due to rise from £26 to £28. The best they could do was £25 so I said I would cancel.

I've gone with Vodafone from MSE at £21 with a £75 M&S voucher. Quidco looked better initially at £21 with £90 cashback, but that only applies to existing Vodafone customers. Non- Vodafone customers are £23.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 22nd May 19, 10:47 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    mnbvcxz
    New bill now £24 with calls, so quite happy. No cashback but don't have to go around changing router details in all devices for a while.
    Originally posted by btr30
    Thank you, that is a heartening result. May I ask was that with just anytime landline calls or did it include mobile calls as well?
    • btr30
    • By btr30 23rd May 19, 9:20 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    btr30
    Thank you, that is a heartening result. May I ask was that with just anytime landline calls or did it include mobile calls as well?
    Originally posted by mnbvcxz

That was the landline anytime calls which they discounted from £5 to £3, and price matched the Vodafone fibre of £21pm to give total of £24 on a new 18 month contract.
    Actually quite crazy on their part as I would have ben stuck paying £32 per month for the next 11 months, if they hadn't decided to increase their price for in contract customers.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 23rd May 19, 11:19 AM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Those doing deals, will it rise significantly after 12 months?

I recall trying to do a deal with EE before, and after 12months it would be even higher.
    • michellej1980
    • By michellej1980 23rd May 19, 12:44 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    michellej1980
    I only upgraded to Fibre in December during their £25 a month offer with 20GB mobile data boost.
    Six months in and they want to put it up to £28. I would have left but because I rely on the data boost I can't really. I thought I was being savvy by taking a really low data SIM only contract with them and having the data boost with the BB but now it just means I have less freedom to switch providers!

I got them to keep my bill at £25, but of course that meant starting my 18 month contract all over again.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 23rd May 19, 3:39 PM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I only upgraded to Fibre in December during their £25 a month offer with 20GB mobile data boost.
    Six months in and they want to put it up to £28. I would have left but because I rely on the data boost I can't really. I thought I was being savvy by taking a really low data SIM only contract with them and having the data boost with the BB but now it just means I have less freedom to switch providers!

I got them to keep my bill at £25, but of course that meant starting my 18 month contract all over again.
    Originally posted by michellej1980
    Fibre plus 20GB+ mobile data for £25 looks like a really good deal to me. Guess there's no pleasing some people
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 23rd May 19, 5:27 PM
    • 3,820 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    I guess if you do a deal you also get an RPI clause added into the contract.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 23rd May 19, 6:03 PM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I guess if you do a deal you also get an RPI clause added into the contract.
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    Everybody seems to be including them in everything at the moment.
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 31st May 19, 3:12 AM
    • 2,338 Posts
    • 1,551 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    After signing up to Vodafone but before my switch I was contacted by EE and offered £20 a month for 18 months to stay.
    • Postcard
    • By Postcard 31st May 19, 11:17 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Postcard
    After signing up to Vodafone but before my switch I was contacted by EE and offered £20 a month for 18 months to stay.
    Originally posted by Nebulous2

What package did you have with EE? And did you take EE up on the offer?
    I'm looking to move to Now broadband with Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 a month (£22.50 if quidco tracks and pays).
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 31st May 19, 9:07 PM
    • 2,338 Posts
    • 1,551 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    What package did you have with EE? And did you take EE up on the offer?
    I'm looking to move to Now broadband with Super fibre and anytime calls for £30 a month (£22.50 if quidco tracks and pays).
    Originally posted by Postcard
    36 meg fibre, unlimited at £26. Including 5 gig mobile data. Email said it was rising to £28, but I could leave instead. I have agreed to take the offer.
    • Mosler
    • By Mosler 23rd Jun 19, 3:05 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mosler
    Time to switch
    If an EE broadband customer has received a notification about the price rise, do they just need to inform EE that they want to leave by the 26th June, or do they need to place the order with the new provider by the 26th June?

Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

3,915Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin