Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 3rd May 19, 11:12 AM
    • 543Posts
    • 188Thanks
    MSE Callum
    100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News
    • 3rd May 19, 11:12 AM
    100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News 3rd May 19 at 11:12 AM
    EE is to hike its broadband prices by £24/year on average from next month - but if you're affected you can cancel your contract penalty-free...
    Read the full story:
    '100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 3rd May 19, 2:02 PM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 3rd May 19, 2:02 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 2:02 PM
    £2/ month increase is it. They used to be a nice company.

Was it 2 years ago they increased prices?
    • Pluto88888
    • By Pluto88888 3rd May 19, 7:53 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Pluto88888
    • 3rd May 19, 7:53 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 7:53 PM
    Con artist the lot of them.
    I lost respect for any mobile and broadband company in this country now.
    I just abuse the network nonstop using hundred's of GB data reach month costing them more on the long term.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 3rd May 19, 8:37 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,557 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 3rd May 19, 8:37 PM
    • 3rd May 19, 8:37 PM
    I just abuse the network nonstop using hundred's of GB data reach month costing them more on the long term.
    Originally posted by Pluto88888
    which puts the cost back onto the customer in the form of higher bills because of the selfishness of people like you.

I suggest if you consider the mobile and broadband companies as "con artists" then please stop using them directly and use the internet at your local library, which you are already technically paying towards.
    • Pluto88888
    • By Pluto88888 4th May 19, 8:06 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Pluto88888
    • 4th May 19, 8:06 PM
    • 4th May 19, 8:06 PM
    which puts the cost back onto the customer in the form of higher bills because of the selfishness of people like you.

I suggest if you consider the mobile and broadband companies as "con artists" then please stop using them directly and use the internet at your local library, which you are already technically paying towards.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    Low usage or heavy usage your bills goes up each year.
    Yeah right my usage always been 4gb each now using around 800+ GB replaced my home broadband for 3 UK they make enough money.

Usage 3 sim £10 a month March 2019 (934GB)April 2019 (768GB)
    Last edited by Pluto88888; 04-05-2019 at 8:11 PM.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 4th May 19, 8:18 PM
    • 2,237 Posts
    • 1,355 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 4th May 19, 8:18 PM
    • 4th May 19, 8:18 PM
    From an EE landline, you can call its customer service team on 0800 079 8586. On a non-EE phone, you can call it on 0207 362 0200.
    Why would people on non-EE phones not want, or not be able, to call the free-to-caller 0800 number? Calls to 0800 (and 0808) numbers are free-to-caller from all landlines and all mobiles.

P.S. London has had the single 020 area code for almost two decades.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 4th May 19, 11:52 PM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 1,557 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 4th May 19, 11:52 PM
    • 4th May 19, 11:52 PM
    The 0800 number only works on EE lines, same equivalent of calling 150 from your mobile apparently.

There's a whole bunch of other 0800 numbers on saynoto0870.com rather than hang on a potentially chargeable 020 7 number.
    • Tofu eater
    • By Tofu eater 6th May 19, 8:12 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Tofu eater
    • 6th May 19, 8:12 PM
    • 6th May 19, 8:12 PM
    Pluto 8888.Are you on the unlimited data plan from 3mobile then?Have you found it OK ?(I'm thinking of joining it)
    Does the 'data' 'slow down' or anything once you have got above a certain usage?
    (I'm actually not planning on ripping the !!!! out of it with downloading and streaming etc but worried about my data getting used up for doing important things)
    I agree - after having a bad experience recently with my provider where they won't deliver a good service but are insisting I am tied into a contract ,and,recently,reading through other stories about other providers,I am very disillusioned and thinking I don't trust any of them.
    There should be some regulation of the industry surely?
    Reading the stories about people who have agreed to a contract and then the provider puts prices up.Surely that can't be right??The price should stay the same for the contract ,it shouldn't only work one way round and then not the other.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 7th May 19, 11:54 AM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 7th May 19, 11:54 AM
    • 7th May 19, 11:54 AM
    Mine is going up £3 month
    • ripped off and fed up
    • By ripped off and fed up 7th May 19, 12:58 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ripped off and fed up
    I have an email from October when I joined EE stating that my contract would cost £20 for 18 months. A few months in and they are raising the price by 5%. Appalling!
    Got a better deal with Plusnet and no price rise during contract time. Guaranteed! Took screen shots just in case...
    Last edited by ripped off and fed up; 07-05-2019 at 1:02 PM. Reason: Added a bit
    • jonmcclelland
    • By jonmcclelland 7th May 19, 1:04 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 936 Thanks
    jonmcclelland
    I wasn't happy with this news either - they put my bill up by £2.50pm

However, I called them and they have now reduced my broadband bill by £12pm which is a huge saving. I dont know why they can't just do that to begin with, and save everyone a huge fuss.

If you are unsure, I would say call them and see what they can do.
    • Pluto88888
    • By Pluto88888 7th May 19, 10:50 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Pluto88888
    Pluto 8888.Are you on the unlimited data plan from 3mobile then?Have you found it OK ?(I'm thinking of joining it)
    Does the 'data' 'slow down' or anything once you have got above a certain usage?
    (I'm actually not planning on ripping the !!!! out of it with downloading and streaming etc but worried about my data getting used up for doing important things)
    I agree - after having a bad experience recently with my provider where they won't deliver a good service but are insisting I am tied into a contract ,and,recently,reading through other stories about other providers,I am very disillusioned and thinking I don't trust any of them.
    There should be some regulation of the industry surely?
    Reading the stories about people who have agreed to a contract and then the provider puts prices up.Surely that can't be right??The price should stay the same for the contract ,it shouldn't only work one way round and then not the other.
    Originally posted by Tofu eater
    Hello, I do find the speed is great getting around 70mb off-peak and peak time around 40mb.( depending on your area location)(FUP on Smarty and three UK is 1000gb a month)
    You best bet is to try Smarty unlimited £25 payandgo runs on the three UK network. if your happy with the speed and coverage head over to three sign up to the £20 a month with quidco cashback.

Yes I hate these companies using RPI and price increase each year they re taking us for a ride.
    • Tofu eater
    • By Tofu eater 8th May 19, 12:08 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Tofu eater
    Thank you so much for your advice Pluto8888 (love the name btw)
    I've just now signed up for the Smarty SIM card just now.
    As you suggested,I can try out using the same network as Three use and see how it.goes with no strings attached,possibly moving over to a more permanent cheaper contract with Three for data if it works ok for me.
    Unfortunately I will need to pay Plusnet over £100 to leave their contract now.I'm planning not to ever sign up with any of them ever again!
    • UsetheFORCE
    • By UsetheFORCE 14th May 19, 12:52 AM
    • 662 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    UsetheFORCE
    Love it when they raise the price mid contract..more ££'s for me. Another set of cash from top cashback or/AND company and/or a fantastic offer from a rival.

They give me a great chance to break contract penalty free!I have done it once within 3 months of joing BT and it COST them money, idiots!
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 14th May 19, 4:11 PM
    • 2,329 Posts
    • 1,546 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    Love it when they raise the price mid contract..more ££'s for me. Another set of cash from top cashback or/AND company and/or a fantastic offer from a rival.

They give me a great chance to break contract penalty free!I have done it once within 3 months of joing BT and it COST them money, idiots!
    Originally posted by UsetheFORCE
    Mine is going up from £26 to £28 but they will negotiate on that.

I'm not seeing any exciting offers to replace it. Like-for-like speedwise on BT is £35.99 and £29.99 setup with cashback from quidco or £29.99 and £9.99 on an affiliate offer. Both offers are providing some free tech equipment, but I'm not excited by any of it either.

There are a few 'rivals' I wouldn't touch.
    • mnbvcxz
    • By mnbvcxz 15th May 19, 3:35 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    mnbvcxz

I'm not seeing any exciting offers to replace it.
    There are a few 'rivals' I wouldn't touch.
    Originally posted by Nebulous2
    Well on the moneysavingexpert broadband page they mention Vodafone will do basic fibre for £21 a month with a £100 amazon voucher, or around £16 equivalent which is pretty good.

Plus.net have a deal around £24 a month with a £50 cashback cheque or possibly £70 topcashback.

Do post if anyone gets a good fibre offer from EE. It would be helpful to know how low they will go.
    • Yut_Man
    • By Yut_Man 17th May 19, 2:28 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Yut_Man
    Just got my letter. Been with them 3 years no problems but changing price mid term is a bit off. Good time to look else where and get a cashback deal. Currently pay£32 but they want a extra £2.
    Nowbroadband do the same package at £30 with a few extras but £90 cashback on a 12 month contract. Looking at other alternatives now.
    Once armed I will phone them and see if they can match the new offers I get. They increase the price I get a better deal. nice one EE.
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 17th May 19, 3:26 PM
    • 9,586 Posts
    • 11,569 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    They tried to upsell me to fibre, then said the best they could do was to continue my £22.50 ADSL, despite them offering £20 ADSL to new customers on their website.

So I've moved to Plusnet, £2.50 a month cheaper, £75 cashback cheque.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/845ad1b0 Until Thu 23 May

'millsview' if you want to put me down as a referrer during the signup process :-)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
    • veejay43
    • By veejay43 17th May 19, 3:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    veejay43
    I was leaving EE and going to the post office, EE rang me today and offered me a deal for £19 a month with anytime calls and 1,500 minutes to any mobile no, plus the £17 credit i was charged ,in my eyes wrongly for calls from my landline to my mobile when i was trying to locate, had been charged for 20 minutes of time,when i would only ring and ring off it wouldnt even ring for 20 minutes to get to the answer phone,so must have been wrong somewhere it, so i am happy for now
    Almost forgot to say i was offered fibre for £24 a month
    Last edited by veejay43; 17-05-2019 at 3:51 PM. Reason: to add
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 17th May 19, 6:55 PM
    • 2,031 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    nickcc
    EE told me they don't do anytime calls when I phoned to cancel following their price increase email yesterday. Currently paying EE £29 for FTC broadband and evening and weekend calls, when I phoned to cancel they told me they could remove the increase and reduce my current charge to £27 per month. Just put through a switch to Now tv for FTC plus anytime calls for £25 per month. My average monthly bill is app £40 per month due to having to occasionally use the landline during the day so savings all round.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,031Posts Today

8,821Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin