Thames water set up an account without my knowledge

marit
marit Posts: 5 Forumite
Hello,
Thames Water keeps sending bills and warnings for an account my partner never set up.
I have a meter and pay bills regularly, not sure why they send a second bill for my partner.
They flat number they address the bill to is a different one and another person lives there.
We let them know that my partner lives with me, that I pay regularly the bills and that we never gave them the permission to set up a new account.
They are also aware that bills for the other flat are paid by another person, they just mixed up details and set this account.
what can i do?
thanks

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    How are the bills coming to you and your partner if they are addressed to the other flat?

It sounds like the neighbours account has the wrong name on (your partners) not the wrong address. Pass the bills to the neighbour and tell them to sort it out.

The fact the address is different should stop any unpaid bills by the neighbour earning her a black mark on her credit files, but she should keep an eye on them anyway (although this is a good idea in general). If the account or the neighbours address do show up on the file dispute it with the CRA
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure