Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Queenvic
    • By Queenvic 19th Apr 19, 9:09 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Queenvic
    Ismybillfair.com {Edited by Forum Team}?
    • 19th Apr 19, 9:09 AM
    Ismybillfair.com {Edited by Forum Team}? 19th Apr 19 at 9:09 AM
    Just seen an advert on FB about a website called ismybillfair.com that challenges the broadband supplier you are with to get you a better price. Has anyone used this or is it a scam? Itís a good thing if genuine but the web site says registered 2019 and I canít find anything about it on MSE.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 19th Apr 19, 10:03 AM
    • 13,314 Posts
    • 6,081 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:03 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:03 AM
    Not sure how an outside party could challenge a bill .
    ISPs will only deal with the actual customer .
    • Queenvic
    • By Queenvic 19th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Queenvic
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 10:25 AM
    From what I can see they say they compare what you pay with others in your area then send an email to whoever you are with saying they want to challenge the deal and asks for them to get in contact direct. Great in theory but I am still sceptical so wondered if anyone has genuinely used this service.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 19th Apr 19, 11:10 AM
    • 4,617 Posts
    • 2,688 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 19th Apr 19, 11:10 AM
    • 19th Apr 19, 11:10 AM
    Unneeded 3rd party that charges you for a service that's just as easy to do through the like of MSE or uSwitch (they actually use uSwitch for comparison purposes).

We do not take payment from you for any of the Products on the Site. If you choose to purchase any Product, payment will be made on the relevant Provider’s site or as otherwise instructed by such Provider. You agree to pay the fees and/or charges incurred by you in connection with such Product(s) in accordance with the Provider’s terms and conditions.
    • bobmalooga
    • By bobmalooga 29th Apr 19, 4:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bobmalooga
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:26 PM
    Ismybillfair .. Not a scam
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:26 PM
    Hi all i responded to an email to "ismybillfair" what happens is they send the company your trying to get a reduction with an email but it
    has your name on it they have just chosen the right wording , so in fact, you have sent an email saying your not happy with your bill and you noticed that for a similar product you can get it cheaper elsewhere so you would like them to consider reducing your bill.

result for me , i was paying £35.00 per month to voadafone for superfast fibre 76mb broadband and phoneline, got it reduced to £25.00 ... after the nice vodafone lady called me ..result and a very nice operator from vodafone , no scam everyone should do this with all your bills ... energy company next? ... good luck all
    Last edited by bobmalooga; 29-04-2019 at 4:39 PM. Reason: edit
    • bobmalooga
    • By bobmalooga 29th Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bobmalooga
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:40 PM
    and no charges for this service i see a sceptic in there who said they would charge this is not the case.
    • elliesmemory1
    • By elliesmemory1 29th Apr 19, 4:54 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 822 Thanks
    elliesmemory1
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:54 PM
    • 29th Apr 19, 4:54 PM
    I used it and got £7 a month off my Rac membership
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th May 19, 11:58 AM
    • 4,617 Posts
    • 2,688 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 15th May 19, 11:58 AM
    • 15th May 19, 11:58 AM
    and no charges for this service i see a sceptic in there who said they would charge this is not the case.
    Originally posted by bobmalooga
    Except that's certainly not what their own website says...
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th May 19, 12:01 PM
    • 4,617 Posts
    • 2,688 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 15th May 19, 12:01 PM
    • 15th May 19, 12:01 PM
    Hi all i responded to an email to "ismybillfair" what happens is they send the company your trying to get a reduction with an email but it
    has your name on it they have just chosen the right wording , so in fact, you have sent an email saying your not happy with your bill and you noticed that for a similar product you can get it cheaper elsewhere so you would like them to consider reducing your bill.

result for me , i was paying £35.00 per month to voadafone for superfast fibre 76mb broadband and phoneline, got it reduced to £25.00 ... after the nice vodafone lady called me ..result and a very nice operator from vodafone , no scam everyone should do this with all your bills ... energy company next? ... good luck all
    Originally posted by bobmalooga
    Are you incapable of sending an email yourself?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

151Posts Today

1,614Users online

Martin's Twitter