VoIP recommendations, please.

Hi all,
My business partner and I are setting up a company that will require us both to be in and out of the office independently of each other, and during potentially unsocial hours. Instead of a traditional landline, i thought a VoIP solution might be best, with just one number we could both respond to.

I understand VoIP can be answered on my mobile phone, if for some reason I'm in a poor 3/4G area, I'd like for calls to be automatically forwarded to my /actual mobile number after a preset time. Ideally I'd like the cost of this included in the package, so I have fixed cost that I can plan around.

Alternatively, I'd like some recommendations for a call answering service that takes and transcribes messages, and will email them to me.

If anyone can assist with this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

R.

Comments

• There is actually a way you could do this with a landline rather than VoIP. I recently bought this for the fixed line coming into my home office:

ligo.co.uk/invoxia-voice-bridge-landline-on-your-mobile

Then any calls would automatically be pushed to both your mobiles, as well as an office phone if you had one. Also good for outgoing calls too- I use it for this so I can still keep my mobile number separate. Only problem is that it doesn't have that forwarding feature- but you'd both get the calls, so one could pick up when the other couldn't.

As for transcribing messages, this service is pretty good and it's nice and cheap too:

youmail.com/home/plans

Alternatively, transcriptions are also part of this service, which also comes with call forwarding:

ereceptionist.co.uk/voicemail-transcription

It all really depends on the volume of calls you plan on making/receiving. Both of those services can get pretty expensive if you're making a lot of calls, whereas the Voice Bridge costs more upfront but isn't tied to a subscription.
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2019 at 1:44PM
    There is actually a way you could do this with a landline rather than VoIP. I recently bought this for the fixed line coming into my home office:

ligo.co.uk/invoxia-voice-bridge-landline-on-your-mobile

Then any calls would automatically be pushed to both your mobiles, as well as an office phone if you had one. Also good for outgoing calls too- I use it for this so I can still keep my mobile number separate. Only problem is that it doesn't have that forwarding feature- but you'd both get the calls, so one could pick up when the other couldn't.

As for transcribing messages, this service is pretty good and it's nice and cheap too:

youmail.com/home/plans

Alternatively, transcriptions are also part of this service, which also comes with call forwarding:

ereceptionist.co.uk/voicemail-transcription

It all really depends on the volume of calls you plan on making/receiving. Both of those services can get pretty expensive if you're making a lot of calls, whereas the Voice Bridge costs more upfront but isn't tied to a subscription.

We won't be starting out with an office, so having a physical landline isn't a necessity for us. In fact, it's a little impractical at this stage.
    Still, how reliable has Voice Bridge been for you? Any technical issues receiving call on the mobile? Would you recommend their service? As it's a business line I'm after, reliability is quite important.
    Thanks for this heads-up
  • icebergx wrote: »
    We won't be starting out with an office, so having a physical landline isn't a necessity for us. In fact, it's a little impractical at this stage.
    Still, how reliable has Voice Bridge been for you? Any technical issues receiving call on the mobile? Would you recommend their service? As it's a business line I'm after, reliability is quite important.
    Thanks for this heads-up

I've been using the Voice Bridge now for a few months without any issues. So long as you have 3G or a WiFi connection on your phone, calls go through just fine. As you said that there would be two of you sharing the same line, this would mean one of you could pick up if the other didn't have signal. How likely is it that you'll be somewhere with no 3G/4G often?
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2019 at 8:51PM
    Take a look at A&A they seem to have lots to offer and can tailor a service to your needs, they've been in VoIP since startup and might be able to help.

https://www.aaisp.net.uk/telecoms-services.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport