Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

BT MyDonate to Close

BT MyDonate is closing down with effect from 30 June 2019. Anyone got any recommendations for an alternative for a small charity that doesn't want to loose money by paying large subscriptions etc.
The MSE review of web sites that provide for Giving to Charities is a bit out of date - any chance of an update....?

Thanks

Jdeano

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've notified the forum team

If anyone has a low cost idea post in the thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • SeanTowers
    SeanTowers Posts: 13 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 January 2019 at 9:13AM
    I can highly recommend Wonderful.org, the only zero cost solution, 100% of donations go to the charity. They even fund the card processing fees so you literally get every penny donated. Our charity has been using them since November. https://wonderful.org/
  • Thanks Sean, just had a look at Wonderful and it looks like a good possibility. With BT My Donate their system allows for advertising and general fund raising/donations. It also provides a facility to advertise and accept donations for specific fundraisers for our Charity like Cycle Ride, a Walk etc - cant see whether Wonderful allows for this...? Can you advise. Thanks
  • JDRutland wrote: »
    Thanks Sean, just had a look at Wonderful and it looks like a good possibility. With BT My Donate their system allows for advertising and general fund raising/donations. It also provides a facility to advertise and accept donations for specific fundraisers for our Charity like Cycle Ride, a Walk etc - cant see whether Wonderful allows for this...? Can you advise. Thanks
    Yes it's easy for fundraisers to setup a fundraising event which is then linked to your account. The only real difference vs MyDonate is that Wonderful.org only collects Gift Aid declarations so you have to make the actual Gift Aid claim yourselves.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    https://www.givey.com/charity

Puts the charge onto the donor rather than the charity.

Maybe worth a look.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • thanks silvercar - i'll put it on my list to investigate further. Wonderful is looking tops at the moment though.
  • JDRutland wrote: »
    thanks silvercar - i'll put it on my list to investigate further. Wonderful is looking tops at the moment though.
    If you want to see how the statements look (what data was one of my concerns) I'd be happy to share one with you (with dummy information of course).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure