Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JDRutland
    • By JDRutland 26th Jan 19, 9:28 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JDRutland
    BT MyDonate to Close
    • 26th Jan 19, 9:28 AM
    BT MyDonate to Close 26th Jan 19 at 9:28 AM
    BT MyDonate is closing down with effect from 30 June 2019. Anyone got any recommendations for an alternative for a small charity that doesn't want to loose money by paying large subscriptions etc.
    The MSE review of web sites that provide for Giving to Charities is a bit out of date - any chance of an update....?

Thanks

Jdeano
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th Jan 19, 9:39 AM
    • 35,041 Posts
    • 41,126 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 26th Jan 19, 9:39 AM
    • 26th Jan 19, 9:39 AM
    I've notified the forum team

If anyone has a low cost idea post in the thread
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • SeanTowers
    • By SeanTowers 27th Jan 19, 7:05 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    SeanTowers
    • 27th Jan 19, 7:05 AM
    Wonderful.org
    • 27th Jan 19, 7:05 AM
    I can highly recommend Wonderful.org, the only zero cost solution, 100% of donations go to the charity. They even fund the card processing fees so you literally get every penny donated. Our charity has been using them since November. https://wonderful.org/
    Last edited by SeanTowers; 27-01-2019 at 7:13 AM.
    • JDRutland
    • By JDRutland 27th Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDRutland
    • 27th Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    • 27th Jan 19, 7:50 PM
    Thanks Sean, just had a look at Wonderful and it looks like a good possibility. With BT My Donate their system allows for advertising and general fund raising/donations. It also provides a facility to advertise and accept donations for specific fundraisers for our Charity like Cycle Ride, a Walk etc - cant see whether Wonderful allows for this...? Can you advise. Thanks
    • SeanTowers
    • By SeanTowers 28th Jan 19, 5:34 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    SeanTowers
    • 28th Jan 19, 5:34 AM
    • 28th Jan 19, 5:34 AM
    Thanks Sean, just had a look at Wonderful and it looks like a good possibility. With BT My Donate their system allows for advertising and general fund raising/donations. It also provides a facility to advertise and accept donations for specific fundraisers for our Charity like Cycle Ride, a Walk etc - cant see whether Wonderful allows for this...? Can you advise. Thanks
    Originally posted by JDRutland
    Yes it's easy for fundraisers to setup a fundraising event which is then linked to your account. The only real difference vs MyDonate is that Wonderful.org only collects Gift Aid declarations so you have to make the actual Gift Aid claim yourselves.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 28th Jan 19, 4:08 PM
    • 39,116 Posts
    • 162,840 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 28th Jan 19, 4:08 PM
    givey.com
    • 28th Jan 19, 4:08 PM
    www.givey.com/charity

Puts the charge onto the donor rather than the charity.

Maybe worth a look.
    • JDRutland
    • By JDRutland 29th Jan 19, 10:39 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JDRutland
    • 29th Jan 19, 10:39 AM
    • 29th Jan 19, 10:39 AM
    thanks silvercar - i'll put it on my list to investigate further. Wonderful is looking tops at the moment though.
    • SeanTowers
    • By SeanTowers 29th Jan 19, 4:07 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    SeanTowers
    • 29th Jan 19, 4:07 PM
    • 29th Jan 19, 4:07 PM
    thanks silvercar - i'll put it on my list to investigate further. Wonderful is looking tops at the moment though.
    Originally posted by JDRutland
    If you want to see how the statements look (what data was one of my concerns) I'd be happy to share one with you (with dummy information of course).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,143Posts Today

7,509Users online

Martin's Twitter