Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 19, 2:36 PM
    • 10,585Posts
    • 54,635Thanks
    Mooloo
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019
    • 1st Jan 19, 2:36 PM
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019 1st Jan 19 at 2:36 PM
    As I am a Seamstress, and this year is about my sorting out my life and changing my direction, finally loosing the family debts etc perhaps the title is the most apt I can come up with this year.
    Here is to 2019 and a frugal year to change my direction so that I can rebuild my dreams in the next year.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 43
    • hb2
    • By hb2 15th May 19, 6:51 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    hb2
    I dont think the tablets would kick in so quickly.
    Hope you get a good sleep.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    You often get the side effects before the beneficial effects!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th May 19, 5:46 AM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I wasn't expecting the tablets to take effect for a few weeks, but if it is not them then I suppose I have hit crunch!
    I have been in bed 11 hours. Although I wasn't asleep all of that time. I was a lot of it, but needing the loo gets me up twice in the night and then at 1.30 it took me a long time to get back to sleep. My brain kept going over the conference the other day, and trying to make sense to it. I had to keep dragging my mind elsewhere.
    I will still leave the tablets until tonight.
    I could easily stay in bed. That's really not good, and I am just as easily minded to shut up shop. But of course I cannot afford to do that. The pile of work is quite daunting when I feel like this.
    I am just going to try and do one job at a time, and try not to worry about what is all there.
    I will tell staff that we cannot take any more emergency jobs for the weekend. If they have left it this late then I am sorry but my schedule is full. That we are quoting 10/14 days, and that is the soonest we can do it.
    I am supposed to be going to a drinks/nibbles evening at one of the schools for networking with local businesses tonight but I am not sure I am up to it.
    I may have to decline.
    So reluctantly I am launching myself into the day.
    I deliberately didn't set up the teasmade so I have to get up and go down stairs.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • hb2
    • By hb2 16th May 19, 9:38 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    hb2
    Hi Mooloo, sorry that you are feeling so rough (((hugs))). You are right to try and concentrate on one thing at a time. If you can do that you will soon find that you have got a lot done (and feel better for it).

I'm glad that Gd seems happy with her SATS thus far. Hopefully that is making it easier to get her to school!
    • Chrystal
    • By Chrystal 16th May 19, 2:42 PM
    • 682 Posts
    • 5,007 Thanks
    Chrystal
    Really hoping you are feeling a bit better Mooloo. You've had so many things to cope with in a very short time that it may just be reaction to all the stress. Good that you're limiting the incoming work; I know it's your income, but it's also added stress when it's all just too much for one person to do.
    Great that DS was able to help you out with the babysitting, that type of help does take some strain off you, and good to hear that DGD is happy with her Sats, again taking some pressure off you.
    I hope there was SOME resolutions at the meeting - they seem to be taking their time resolving anything, which again is just added stress.
    Sending (((hugs))) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th May 19, 6:13 PM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I just took one job at a time. Finished the embroidery dressing gowns first, then noticed that the dresses the Seamstress agreed to fit in before she left on Tuesday were not done and needed for tomorrow so they became the priority. Then I went back to the number orders and did those. I had planned to do a Roman blind today, but the kit hadn't arrived.
    I didn't time anything or add up what I had done. I just looked at one job then the next. Luckily no fittings today.
    I have cancelled the drinks reception that I was going to this evening. Even though I haven't taken today's tablet yet I am struggling to keep my eyes open.
    • grandma247
    • By grandma247 17th May 19, 7:37 AM
    • 2,391 Posts
    • 33,223 Thanks
    grandma247
    Mooloo that effect of the tablets does wear off eventually. It best to take them at roughly the same time each evening so your body gets used to them. I take mine at 9pm the latest and feel sleepy about 10pm which is when I go to bed. They really do help so hopefully you can persevere.
    • hb2
    • By hb2 17th May 19, 10:31 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    hb2
    Mooloo, I hope that you managed to get some decent sleep last night.

Well done for getting your head down and working to cross things off the list. Is your seamstress usually reliable? Did she tell you why she hadn't done what she should have? It's not on for you to be picking up the things she is supposed to do!

I bet Gd is glad that this is the end of the week! Has she finished her SATS now (sorry, I have forgotten how long the darned things go on for)?
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 17th May 19, 9:07 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 26,400 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Just having a quick catch up I'm sorry you haven't been feeling too good .
    You said it's an anti depressant the Dr prescribed . DD whose had various anti depressants or anti-anxiety meds over the years says it does take time for the body to tolerate the drugs and it's normal to feel spaced out and sometimes nauseous until they settle.

Her advice is to read up on the advice re the particular drug . It often gives a time of day to take it.

Unlike meds for sleeplessness those for depression or anxiety need taking earlier in the day if they're just one daily dose.

She has breakfast then takes some of her pain meds and lets them settle . An hour or so later she takes the ones for anxiety etc.

As you see the Dr again on Monday you can discuss the effects with her but it's likely she will agree they need time to settle. Generally only sleeping tablets are taken at night .

I hope today has been a better day and less stressful.
    pollyx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 17th May 19, 9:20 PM
    • 63,658 Posts
    • 282,110 Thanks
    beanielou
    I take my AD's at night, if that is any help.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 17th May 19, 9:42 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 26,400 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I've just checked through dds meds and one that was added a few months ago is a night time dose only.That's been a real game changer as it's helped her sleep.

I'm sorry I missed your earlier post about your ESA assessment Beanie . If it led to loss of your award did you manage a MR or appeal?
    pollyx
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th May 19, 3:23 PM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I found it better to take it at night, so I could actually function yesterday. Although I didn't take it last night as I forgot. But it seems it was probably just as well because today I needed my whits about me as I had a full day, with two lots of wedding fittings and two sewing courses/lessons back to back.
    But I will not forget tonight I will put a reminder on the phone.
    Thursday I slept for 5 hours straight. I can't remember the last time I did that.
    I will need to get a routine sorted out.
    Dgd is glad to see the end of her exams.
    DS is working today and Tonight But is not supposed to be working Sunday anymore so I will not have to babysit for them.

Now I am finished at work I am tired.
    I might have to have a cat nap before I do anything else.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th May 19, 10:43 AM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I watched the Eurovision so it was a late night, but I slept for hours. I woke around 8am but struggled to get up, it was nearly 11 before I actually got up.
    I am sitting in the garden on the swing seat, and have yet to bother to do anything.
    Oh well it is Sunday. It's supposed to be a day of rest anyway.
    • hb2
    • By hb2 19th May 19, 5:41 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    hb2
    A good sleep and quiet day sounds just what you need Mooloo! I hope you feel better for it and can start the new week in a positive frame of mind.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th May 19, 6:32 PM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    A good sleep and quiet day sounds just what you need Mooloo! I hope you feel better for it and can start the new week in a positive frame of mind.
    Originally posted by hb2
    Thank you.
    I hover between can't b bothered and guilty that I should be doing something.
    But a full day of relaxation is probably what I really needed.
    I am probably going to be in bed soon though. Plan to read but I am not sure that I will keep my eyes open long enough.
    The children have been a delight tonight.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 19th May 19, 8:46 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 26,400 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Mooloo when we're used to being the doers and fixers it does tend to make us feel guilty when we take time out. However I've had to learn that self care is a priority too . Like putting your own oxygen mask on first in order to help others.

Now ds wont be working Sundays it's possible for you to see Sunday as pretty well your day off. You'll probably still cook but if you can get ds and dgd sharing the chores through the week with you there should be less to do all round.

Hope dgds hand is getting better . Just one more week to half term .

Reading your last few posts you do sound calmer so worth sticking with the medication to see how things go .

I'm back to burning up and coughing . The gift that keeps on giving!
    pollyx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th May 19, 9:12 PM
    • 63,658 Posts
    • 282,110 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are on the mend polly.

Hope you have a good week ahead Mooloo.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • hb2
    • By hb2 20th May 19, 7:50 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 1,218 Thanks
    hb2
    Mooloo, Polly is right (as usual! ) Looking after yourself is vital if you are going to be of any use to anyone else. Besides which, you are important in your own right and are equally deserving of being healthy and happy.

Polly, I'm sorry that you are feeling so rough

I had a very upset tum yesterday, had to miss a choir event cos couldn't stray far from bathroom.

Here's hoping the new week starts well for everyone
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th May 19, 10:36 AM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    DS has a car accident on the way to school. So I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours driving backwards and forwards to collect the children. Dgs has a small mark on his cheek bone, but that's all. We will take him to be checked out by a doctor next.
    DS is very shaken and upset. I think that's another car that's a write off. I don't think I can help this time. I have lost all my housing benefits etc with DS moving in, and have to pay an overpayment back, and the full rent etc.
    So I am going to have to juggle my budget again.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 20th May 19, 12:51 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 26,400 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Hope dgs is ok . It could have been so much worse . I know it's been your time with the little ones so ds will be doing the school run but it seems to me although there is shared access your son seems to be the one that is doing all the picking up and dropping off and not much input from gf and family.

That's exhausting when he's also working and makes me wonder why he's pretty well the one who has to do it all .

No wise words I'm afraid , you can't raid the bank of mum for another car or take on debt . If his benefits still aren't sorted that needs chasing up . Your income can't keep you all.

I know you planned to close the shop a month before the end of the lease to paint and refresh so that will mean no income coming in from there .

You've obviously lost income again today . I feel for you as everything seems to conspire against you however hard you try.
    So much for self care! I'm not sure if you'll manage your doctors appt today but if you can't,make sure you arrange another date . You were sounding as though the medication was helping and it's worth keeping up with that and making yourself a priority just as you do for others.

I wish for all your sakes the powers that be could get things sorted .
    The non-molestation order needs sorting asap because your son seems to be getting a lot of hassle which needs to stop.
    pollyx
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th May 19, 1:37 PM
    • 10,585 Posts
    • 54,635 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I got to the doctors ok. That's where I wrote my last post waiting to see the doctor. She was happy for me to take the meds at night. She asked if anyone could manage the shop for me, and take a break. I was going to Dover for a few days next week with Dgd and DS anyway but Biggest did ask if I could take one of her girls with us, but now I am not sure how we would do it because my car is too small, case proven today having to ferry everyone around.
    I have got to work but I am not functioning properly and haven't sewn anything. I have just served a few people and done the wages.
    I think today can be classed as a write off like probably his car!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

4,608Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin