Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emmac1
    • By emmac1 11th Dec 18, 3:53 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    emmac1
    Oneselect ceased trading
    • 11th Dec 18, 3:53 PM
    Oneselect ceased trading 11th Dec 18 at 3:53 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I have been with Oneselect for a while and wanted to reduce my DD as my account is 75 in credit, so emailed customer services last week, with no reply. Having sent another email today, I received an email from Ofgem, saying Oneselect has ceased trading and Ofgem will appoint another service provider.
    Was anyone else aware of this?
    Could someone please advise me what to do?
    Many thanks
Page 13
    • rnickster
    • By rnickster 17th May 19, 8:09 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    rnickster
    Money has finally been paid, glad to be able to put this to rest after 5 months.
    • maddyboy
    • By maddyboy 13th Jun 19, 3:57 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    maddyboy
    I too have now had my refund through including a direct debit taken just as one select stop trading! It's taken nearly 6 months to sort but glad I persisted.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 15th Jun 19, 7:35 PM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    I was a oneselect customer, transferred to together energy and on 15th April I switched to Shell Energy. I can see in my Together energy account there is 141.00 credit, but not received this yet, do i contact shell, together, or wait more time?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 15th Jun 19, 8:46 PM
    • 2,031 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    nickcc
    I was a oneselect customer, transferred to together energy and on 15th April I switched to Shell Energy. I can see in my Together energy account there is 141.00 credit, but not received this yet, do i contact shell, together, or wait more time?
    Originally posted by trinidadone
    Nothing to do with your new supplier, together energy should refund you via your direct debit account. Goodness knows how long you'll be waiting though.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 15th Jun 19, 9:39 PM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    So I guess I should simply ask for a refund directly from together energy - should I simply ask for it, log a complaint?
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 16th Jun 19, 8:11 AM
    • 2,031 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    nickcc
    Together Energy should issue you with a final bill so any money owed either way would be paid then. I switched in January and received my final bill end of May so don't expect anything to happen soon. There are plenty of posts relating to both One Select and Together Energy on this site so if I were you I'd have a good read through as there's many different opinions to mine.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 16th Jun 19, 8:37 AM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    ok kool, well what did you do, and is there a time limit I should receive this money back?
    • masonic
    • By masonic 16th Jun 19, 8:52 AM
    • 11,738 Posts
    • 9,383 Thanks
    masonic
    Together Energy should issue you with a final bill so any money owed either way would be paid then. I switched in January and received my final bill end of May so don't expect anything to happen soon. There are plenty of posts relating to both One Select and Together Energy on this site so if I were you I'd have a good read through as there's many different opinions to mine.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    My final bill was issued on 21st January (I had no access to the website at that time and was not notified of this bill until earlier this week). So far no refund of my credit balance, but I have now accepted an offer through Ombudsman Services in response to my complaint made in March and escalated to the Ombudsman in May.

My bill turned out to be incorrect, but the compensation I was offered makes up for that.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 16th Jun 19, 8:56 AM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    so i assuming i should ask for the credit first, and give them time to pay
    • masonic
    • By masonic 16th Jun 19, 10:24 AM
    • 11,738 Posts
    • 9,383 Thanks
    masonic
    so i assuming i should ask for the credit first, and give them time to pay
    Originally posted by trinidadone
    If your bill is correct (worth checking as mine wasn't), then contact them to request a refund in the first instance, but be prepared to submit a complaint further down the line if they do not repay you - 2 weeks would be a reasonable timeframe to wait.
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 18th Jun 19, 8:17 PM
    • 3,252 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    trinidadone
    I telephoned Together Energy yesterday, and asked if my credit had been applied to my account from Oneselect, I am told it has. I then ask, as I had been waiting for eight weeks, why I had not received my refund, I was informed this was because the billing department was busy, and they were taking on more staff, naturally that is a problem not for me, I informed customer services that i wanted my full refund, including my final bill. I was told customer service woulds call me between 9am - 10am with a update - to be honest, i am not holding my breath.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

693Posts Today

5,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've had a few replies from people objecting to the term partner. Yet not all couples are married in the modern wor? https://t.co/YRtbLiD96U

• RT @mmhpi: Yesterday we launched our new strategy! Read this introduction by our Founder and Chair @MartinSLewis and Chief Executive @ hele?

• RT @pollymackenzie: I?m so proud to know @MartinSLewis who gets this. Yes: fund services to help people directly, one by one. But the effec?

• Follow Martin