Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stanley St
    • By Stanley St 12th Jul 18, 3:05 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Stanley St
    Too late for a POPLA appeal?
    • 12th Jul 18, 3:05 PM
    Too late for a POPLA appeal? 12th Jul 18 at 3:05 PM
    I had a ticket from Britannia Parking a few months ago, that I appealed with them (cribbing various bits that seemed to apply from threads on this forum). Unsurprisingly the appeal was rejected telling me of a Supreme Court ruling that their charge was lawful.

I was parked over two hours in a badly signed car park that has featured many times in various posts here. Paying the 100 charge just seemed wrong. I intended a POPLA appeal but seeing how much work was involved to do it properly, I just didn't get round to it.

I have since had a letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking me to pay them 160 before a certain date (since past). I am happy to follow advice in the Newbies Thread ignore such a demand and see if their client really would like to take court action over it, but tactically, should I still appeal to POPLA at this late stage?
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Apr 19, 6:30 PM
    • 25,038 Posts
    • 31,996 Thanks
    Redx
    do not use any forms, none at all

do your defence in word , save as a pdf , print , sign and date it , scan it back to pc, save as a pdf (a signed and dated pdf)

email it as an attachment to the CCBC , the details are clearly given in the post above by KeithP

do this tonight , asap, because you missed the court deadline of yesterday
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Apr 19, 6:31 PM
    • 17,940 Posts
    • 21,873 Thanks
    KeithP
    Don't use the form at all.

Crack on with your Defence and file it as described above.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Apr 19, 9:00 PM
    • 76,690 Posts
    • 90,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just use bargepole's concise defence and get it in (see NEWBIES thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Stanley St
    • By Stanley St 2nd Apr 19, 10:02 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Stanley St
    Just use bargepole's concise defence and get it in (see NEWBIES thread).
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Defence now submitted according to the advice given, and an acknowledgement has been received.

A bit daunting picking out the relevant bits from the Newbies thread, but I have new appreciation for the efforts in compiling this by you and the other stalwarts on this forum.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Apr 19, 10:20 PM
    • 76,690 Posts
    • 90,057 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK now stick around and read bargepole's post about COURT PROCEDURE to be ready for the next stages and so you don't have to ask us about little tick boxes on the DQ (or worse, miss it...or overlook WS & evidence stage).

This is all spelled out in the NEWBIES thread. You've jumped one hoop so far!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Apr 19, 10:27 PM
    • 17,940 Posts
    • 21,873 Thanks
    KeithP
    Stanley St, if I were you I would be phoning the CCBC, phone number on your Claim Form, tomorrow morning asking them to urgently process your Defence. This is to reduce the risk of a Default Judgment before it gets properly filed.
    • Stanley St
    • By Stanley St 3rd Apr 19, 10:49 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Stanley St
    Stanley St, if I were you I would be phoning the CCBC, phone number on your Claim Form, tomorrow morning asking them to urgently process your Defence. This is to reduce the risk of a Default Judgment before it gets properly filed.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    I phoned CCBC this morning, and I was reassured that they prioritise the processing of Defence and are several days behind in the processing of Default Judgements. In fact today they are still working on Judgements from 22 March. Despite my lateness, time still seems to be on my side.

OK now stick around and read bargepole's post about COURT PROCEDURE to be ready for the next stages and so you don't have to ask us about little tick boxes on the DQ (or worse, miss it...or overlook WS & evidence stage).

This is all spelled out in the NEWBIES thread. You've jumped one hoop so far!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    This old dog should be better prepared for the next hoops to jump through. Is it still worth putting in a SAR request at this late stage?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Apr 19, 11:03 AM
    • 25,158 Posts
    • 40,587 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Is it still worth putting in a SAR request at this late stage?
    Why not? Knowing what they hold about you might be enlightening and potentially useful for your own WS.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Apr 19, 1:23 PM
    • 25,038 Posts
    • 31,996 Thanks
    Redx
    it also makes them do some work, so if it were me I would be causing them as much work as possible, due to the fact of them causing me work in defending a court claim

plus you never know what can happen when they start digging around, sometimes they even cancel due to finding some flaw they missed, like BRIT did recently when they started cancelling due to "complying with the BPA CoP"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

2,969Users online

Martin's Twitter