Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jaycee123999
    • By jaycee123999 6th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jaycee123999
    New to site
    • 6th Jul 18, 9:56 AM
    New to site 6th Jul 18 at 9:56 AM
    Site not working as I thought it did - apologies
    Last edited by jaycee123999; 06-07-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: new to site
Page 2
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 6th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 6,245 Posts
    • 29,567 Thanks
    Slinky
    Nowhere near as interesting GM
    • G_M
    • By G_M 6th Jul 18, 8:51 PM
    • 49,660 Posts
    • 61,672 Thanks
    G_M
    Nowhere near as interesting GM
    Originally posted by Slinky
    To date, I agree, but the potential for a twist is there.

I did say "Depending how this thread develops....."

Ah well. You're right. More like a damp squib. (or should that be dead-damp-squid?)
    Last edited by G_M; 06-07-2018 at 8:54 PM.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 7th Jul 18, 4:40 AM
    • 4,890 Posts
    • 8,303 Thanks
    Smodlet
    We wonders, yes, we wonders just how the OP thought the site worked... It's called MSE, not PsychicsRUs.com... If anyone wants to use that, I think it's still available.

Squibbier and squibbier.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 7th Jul 18, 8:14 AM
    • 13,748 Posts
    • 19,908 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    Just in case anyone is interested although even with the OP it's still clear as mud.

Here is an interesting turn of fate....

Our neighbour has equity release - and we cannot sell our house because he does...!!!!!!!!!
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 7th Jul 18, 9:17 AM
    • 35,521 Posts
    • 19,422 Thanks
    kingstreet
    You're right. More like a damp squib. (or should that be dead-damp-squid?)
    Originally posted by G_M
    My favourite malopropisms thread has that. As well as classics like dangerous president and escape goat.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 7th Jul 18, 2:18 PM
    • 49,660 Posts
    • 61,672 Thanks
    G_M
    My favourite malopropisms thread has that. As well as classics like dangerous president and escape goat.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    "dangerous president" is not a malopropism - he's called Trump (though I can think of a few other mal......s that would apply).
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 7th Jul 18, 2:49 PM
    • 12,225 Posts
    • 10,798 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    Example of a malapropism "I've just brought a house" when someone has bought a house.

Example of another dangerous president, John F Kennedy. The Bay of Pigs invasion he ordered in 1961 and the subsequent Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 almost led to WW3.
    • Vet
    • By Vet 7th Jul 18, 3:43 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Vet
    agreed.
    • RedFraggle
    • By RedFraggle 7th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    • 843 Posts
    • 2,320 Thanks
    RedFraggle
    Depending how this thread develops, it might even match the dead-dog-in-the-garden thread!

Here's hoping!
    Originally posted by G_M

*passes bag for life*
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 7th Jul 18, 4:56 PM
    • 35,521 Posts
    • 19,422 Thanks
    kingstreet
    "dangerous president" is not a malopropism - he's called Trump (though I can think of a few other mal......s that would apply).
    Originally posted by G_M
    Hmm. That's only been claimable since Nov 2016 though...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 7th Jul 18, 4:59 PM
    • 35,521 Posts
    • 19,422 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Example of another dangerous president, John F Kennedy. The Bay of Pigs invasion he ordered in 1961 and the subsequent Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 almost led to WW3.
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    Hmm. That's only because Nikita Khrushchev, General Secretary CPSU doesn't count.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,862Posts Today

6,867Users online

Martin's Twitter