Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 11th Feb 18, 10:21 AM
    • 99Posts
    • 25Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    Noisy Neighbour - Not sure of next steps
    • 11th Feb 18, 10:21 AM
    Noisy Neighbour - Not sure of next steps 11th Feb 18 at 10:21 AM
    Hi,

Im not sure if this is the right section of MSE to post this, or even the correct forum. If any suggestions of a more appropriate forum then I'm happy to post there instead.

TL : DR - Issue with my upstairs neighbours spanning 3+ years. My main issue is impact noise (heavy walking) throughout the night. I have exhausted all options with the council to resolve the issue, and now don't know what to do.

This is a long story that has spanned approximately 3+ years now, so i'll try to condense it as much as possible highlighting the key points.

I have lived in my downstairs flat for 20 years now. In that timeframe I have had approx 5 different upstairs neighbours and never had an issue... until the current tenants moved in 3 - 4 years ago.

From my research, there are two distinct types of noise classification - Airbound sounds, and impact sound. Air bound sounds = Music, Speaking/Shouting etc..., Impact sounds = footfall, foot steps, dropped objects etc....

Im suffering with both types of sound, but the sounds that really bother / disturb me are the impact noises - primarily heavy walking. The tenants have no carpet upstairs, just the floorboard the property was built with. The main issue is that the woman upstairs is regularly active throughout the night, she is a heavy walker meaning I hear a lot of impact sounds making it difficult / impossible to get to sleep. I have had many discussions with them politely about the disturbance they are causing me. The annoying thing is, they are always polite (ish) and say the right thing such as 'we need to get this sorted', however the words do not turn into actions, and the problem persists. After about 12 months I offered to buy them carpet, underlay and to have it fitted at my own expense in order to try and resolve the issue, but got the reply 'Were not making any noise, and we don't want carpet'

After the above failed I gave it a few more months and nothing improved so reported it to my council. Was sent a log to keep. Logged events, returned, and then got a response saying it was 'just living noise'. Even though there were LOTS of events recorded at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am etc...

I made a montage of sounds I hear recorded on my iPad, primarily of the louder sounds. The issue is, the footfall is what really bothers me, and by its random nature (i.e., you never know when its going to happen) it makes it difficult to get the iPad, open the app, and hit record while the sound is active, also what is recorded does not represent what is actually heard - explained more near the bottom.

Here's the video of a selection of sounds recorded over a short period of time. I believe a lot of the sounds recorded are dogs and cats jumping/landing and running.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyuE5y35NKM

About another year went by with no improvement, and I reported it again stating that I was very disappointed with the first response from the councils 'its just living noise' and pointed out that no one has taken any time to look into this issue and see / hear me personally. I also pointed out how this is having a serious negative effect on my health / mental health, and also, how I feel the majority of the issue would be resolved if carpet was fitted upstairs.

I then had a visit from my 'Neighbourhood Enforcement Officer' and she liaised with the upstairs neighbours and agreed the main problem is the lack of carpet upstairs but stated that the council 'cant force them to have carpet'. She said she would see what she could do and would get back to me. She got back to me saying she had got some rugs for upstairs and the tenants had agreed to have them fitted so this would hopefully go some way to solving the problem. This was the first bit of positive news in this whole ordeal so my spirits where lifted a little. I then got a call about 1 week later from the Neighbourhood Enforcement Officer saying that she had just been to the tenants upstairs to deliver the rugs, but on arrival the tenants refused her access and said they changed their minds and don't want the rugs anymore.

After this, it was decided to put sound recording equipment into my property. Upstairs where advised noise recording equipment was being installed, and typically it was much quieter than usual, ultimately resulting in the council saying there is not sufficient evidence to take any further action. When the sound recording equipment is installed you are instructed of how you press a button to record sounds, and it will capture 5-10 seconds of sound before you press the button. For my particular issue, I don't feel this method for recording is suitable. I am at work for 10 - 12 hours per day, and then in order for me to capture these sounds I am reporting that happen throughout the night, I have to then stay up throughout the night to press the button when a sound happens. Not only this, but you then have to write down the time, noise, duration etc... when am I meant to sleep ? This might work if you have a noisy neighbour blasting out loud music for a period of time, but for my particular complaint, it just adds more inconvenience to me.

During this whole ordeal I have tried various different types of ear-buds to try and block out the noise, but none of these have worked for me - I still hear the noise. I have spent about a month away from home staying at friends and neighbours just to try and get some sleep. I have also spent about a week sleeping in my works van (in the front seats - back loaded with equipment) just to get some sleep - all while paying rent I might add. I have been to the doctors who signed me off work for 2 weeks (lost pay), and he also prescribed me anti-depressants. Trying to hold down my job through all of this has been tough, and to be honest I'm not sure how I have managed to do so. I am constantly depressed, on-edge, short of patience and in a generally bad mood.

About 1 year ago I discovered wearing over-ear headphones and playing white noise at a reasonable volume blocks out the noise. So for the last 1+ year this is what I have been doing to get to sleep. However this is now giving me sore ears, and also affecting my hearing, also a sore neck as not being able to lye comfortably due to the bulk of the headphones.

What Now ?

One option is for me to move property and believe me I have thought very long and hard about this, but there are some things stopping me from going this route. 1 - I have spent a lot of money renovating my property and I was happy here before the current tenants where moved in above. 2 - I have purchased my property under the 'Right To Buy' scheme, and I cannot sell the property for at least 5 years, if I do, I would have to pay back a significant amount of money, probably £40,000 +

In my tenancy agreement there are the following stipulations :

• You are not permitted to have pets without prior written permission from the Council. The Council can withdraw permission at any time.

• You must not do anything, or permit to be done any annoyance to the other tenants of the Building. Noise, including the use of radio or television must not be audible outside the premises between the hours of 11pm and 7am.

• You must keep the flat carpeted except the kitchen and bathroom which must be covered with a suiutable material to avoid the transmission of noise.

I had previously stated to the Neighbourhood Enforcement Office that I believed there was a general consensus that between the hours of 11pm and 7am it is reasonable to expect a quiet home environment, as pointed out above. The response I got from her was 'Thats a myth'.

I also raised the fact that I thought we where obliged to carpet the property, also as stated above, the reply from her was 'We can't force them to have carpet'.

It is also stated above about no pets, yet my neighbours have 2 dogs and 5 cats, they did have 13 cats at one point! I got no response to that question.

So, why do I have to adhere to these regulations, but my neighbours do not?

Its now been about 8 months since the sound recording equipment was installed and the issue is still present. I contacted the council again informing them that the issue is still ongoing and I feel my only option now is to soundproof the inside of my property in an attempt to resolve the ongoing problem, and asked if there are any other avenues to explore before I do this.

The reply I got from her comprised of 2 parts
    1. I would need to apply for permission to carry out the work and fill out a 'application for house alterations form' which may be declined.
    2. To use an app called 'The Noise App' to record the noises once again. However, if the results of using the 'The Noise App' where not sufficient, then the council would close the case and no further action would be taken on the matter.

I found the first point very disappointing. I will potentially be declined permission to soundproof and I also can't move as explained above.

I then decided to give 'The Noise App' (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-noise-app/id926445612?mt=8) a try to see how it works. I was not too hopeful as the app has a very low rating from users saying it records a lot of static noise, and doesn't record quiet sounds. I was also disappointed to see that you still have to press a button to record sound, as explained I find this method not very suitable to my particular issue.

I recently discovered that I can recreate the kind of impact sounds that are disturbing me from upstairs by banging a wall that separates my living room from the kitchen - it makes a loud thud / boom sound / vibration. The other walls in my property do not make this sound - don't know why ? With this in mind, I used The Noise App while banging the wall to see how the app worked and in turn what it recorded. It recorded nothing!

With the above in mind, I used an SPL meter app and done the same (using Z weighting), this recorded SPL levels approaching 70db. I made a short comparison video showing that while the SPL levels are approaching 70db, The Noise App records nothing.

Heres the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUBE8XW-stA

When viewing the above video you need to consider that when present in the room, there is a deep thud / boom in the room that is clearly audible / felt. However The Noise App records nothing, nor does the phone recording the video. It demonstrates that these impact sounds are not adequately recorded when recorded purely as a waveform - the SPL needs to be factored in too.

Its obvious to me that The Noise App is not suitable for my situation, and it also makes me question what was recorded when the sound equipment was first installed, and also what are the council using to determine a noise as being a disturbance / nuisance ? If they are simply listening to a recorded waveform and subjectively determining if it is disturbing, then as demonstrated this methodology is not sufficient as it does not represent the boom sounds that are heard and picked up by an SPL meter measuring up to 70db.

Im just not sure what to do now. Im considering visiting the CAB for advice, but after that I'm not sure.

Any advice welcomed.
Page 4
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 15th Oct 18, 2:00 PM
    • 8,177 Posts
    • 7,014 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    It seems that there is Council HMO fire doors regulation to protect the tenants from fire. In addition, there supposed to be noise regulation to protect me from noise. However, as one can see, when it comes to HMO/fire doors noise, these regulations are upheld. But, whenever it comes to the regulation for my protection from these fire doors noises, I do not matter!
    Originally posted by Countfox
    It is ridiculous that fire doors aren't fitted with noise dampers as standard. Clearly the people who make decisions have never had to live with relentlessly banging fire doors.

Fire regulations are part of the housing act with the local council responsible for enforcing them.
    https://www.rla.org.uk/docs/LACORSFSguideApril62009.PDF

https://www.safelincs-forum.co.uk/topic/4290-noisy-door-closer-slamming-with-a-bang/
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 15th Oct 18, 9:12 PM
    • 2,538 Posts
    • 4,013 Thanks
    badmemory
    Surely if both the council & the LGO say there is no issue with noise then obviously any issue must have been resolved & there is no longer any need to declare it. You could even say that as it is the truth as THEY see it, so just say the truth as they see it, no-one could accuse you of lying because you are completely agreeing with them. Just sell up and find somewhere that is unlikely to have idiots living next door.
    • phoenix1837
    • By phoenix1837 17th Oct 18, 1:53 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    phoenix1837
    I have come to accept that living in a flat is no different to staying in a Travelodge - you can hear every sound and just have to put up with it. My downstairs neighbour sings very loudly which I can hear, can even hear him snoring. Upstairs even worse as they have wood flooring, young lads that come and go at all hours, never take their shoes off, heavy footed and to top it all off I can hear them 'banging' their girlfriends. I have taken to a white noise machine on very loud in my bedroom. Drowns out most of it but the thumps from upstairs do wake me up with a start.
    • AmeRose
    • By AmeRose 1st Feb 19, 8:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AmeRose
    Support Group
    I've messaged some people privately on here, Jimmy_Boy, hope you don't mind if I flag up that I'm starting an online support group for people experiencing neighbour noise (or any kind of persistent noise problem in their environment), I need the support myself too! So if anyone here is interested, please pm me. Thanks
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 3rd Feb 19, 2:46 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 632 Thanks
    Rich2808
    I've messaged some people privately on here, Jimmy_Boy, hope you don't mind if I flag up that I'm starting an online support group for people experiencing neighbour noise (or any kind of persistent noise problem in their environment), I need the support myself too! So if anyone here is interested, please pm me. Thanks
    Originally posted by AmeRose
    Certainly sounds a great idea. A lot of people suffer in silence leading to much stress and anxiety - particularly if they live on their own.

It can even drive some people to the edge.

So an online support group would be great as it gives people an outlet.

Sadly however sometimes the only option is to move or hope they move - but money can of course be an issue preventing that. Cos life is too short to let selfish people or badly soundproofed conversions or new builds ruin you life.
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 25th Feb 19, 8:24 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    Originally posted by AmeRose
    Hey,

So sorry for such a late reply. I have email notifications on but have had no notifications about this thread, just happened to check it and noticed some responses.

I have no problem with this. It seems obvious to me that nobody understands a problem like this unless they have experienced it themselves.

I think its even worse when you're on your own and have no one to share the burden with, or let off some steam. I live on my own, have no family I keep in contact with and dont have many friends I see on a regular basis, so things boil up inside.

On the odd occasions that I do catch up with friends, I tend to have a little 'whinge' to try and blow off some steam, but am also mindful that theres a limit to how much people want to hear about this.

I found it a little upsetting when there was a recent get together for someones birthday with people I havent seen for 6+ months and the main point of amusement was discussing the issue with my neighbours, to which people had a good old laugh. It demonstrated to me how little people appreciate what I am going through and I personally feel like im at point of having a mental breakdown - I dont find it something to jest about, especially by 'friends'.

I put it down to me and my mental state and try not to let it bother me, but it does. To be honest I dont really like talking about it anymore because I feel like it achieves nothing and all it does is dig up past memories and reminds me how unbearable my life had been for the past 5 years with no help from anyone and very limited sympathy from anyone. Just writing this reply and reminding myself of the ordeal I have been through is making me quite tearful, the whole ordeal has slowly torn me to pieces.
    • AmeRose
    • By AmeRose 13th Mar 19, 10:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AmeRose
    Jimmy_Boy.........I'm so sorry it's been so hard..........and I can tell you I can relate to everything you've said, it's been 3 years for me. I totally get how talking about it is not easy sometimes as it's a reminder. What I want to do in the group is really have a space where people can offload, and support each other, purely because I've been in that place that you describe where friends don't even understand and don't realise just how much it can affect people's lives. I wasn't planning on coming here tonight but glad I did as I've seen your reply and had another message here too from someone. I'll get back to this tomorrow or in a few days at the most. Wishing you all the best. At the moment someone suggested to me to try practicing mindfulness, I do that sometimes anyway and at first I dismissed it......and I was saying that the noise problems I'm having shouldn't be happening, etc, they are unfair and particularly unfair because where I think it's coming from, the neighbour doesn't want to talk about it, but the person who suggested the mindfulness said it will help with dealing with the fact that this is unjust as well and strangely enough it is helping a bit. Anyway, I will come back in the next day or few days (I have some other stuff I'm dealing with at the moment but I won't forget) :-)
    Last edited by AmeRose; 13-03-2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: tidying up what I wrote
    • webjaved
    • By webjaved 14th Mar 19, 1:01 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    webjaved
    Noisy neighbours eh, my next door neighbour his lad is hot headed, slams doors, kicks the radiator, plays music very loudly, doesn't get on with his mum and sister and fights with them, it's chaos at times. Even in the middle of the night you'll hear a racket.
    Save £12k in 2019 #154 - £7,536.91/£12k
    • hippychick22
    • By hippychick22 23rd Mar 19, 8:17 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hippychick22
    I have no problem with this. It seems obvious to me that nobody understands a problem like this unless they have experienced it themselves.

I think its even worse when you're on your own and have no one to share the burden with, or let off some steam. I live on my own, have no family I keep in contact with and dont have many friends I see on a regular basis, so things boil up inside.
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Boy
    OP, I have just read this thread and I could relate to so much of what you said. I'm currently in a flat I've been in for 9 years and I've had hell with 2 out of 3 neighbours living above me.

Like you I've done everything by the book from logs, mediation, recording equipment and I've got nowhere.

I have a real sensitivity to noise and mental health problems so living in a flat is not ideal but as a 40 something singleton I have little choice when it comes to social housing.

I was left with PTSD from years of antisocial behaviour when I lived elsewhere... And so noise especially affects me. Life has been hell here and I've been hospitalised for it several times.

Despite the tenant above me breaching tenancy agreement rules the housing association do nothing, so for 4 days a week I have to endure her grandchildren running around constantly - they never seem to sleep. For 12 months she had no carpets down - during that time I slowly went insane!

At one point things looked up when noisy neighbour #1 moved out in 2013 the housing did a sensitive let and it was bliss, a really nice quiet neighbour. Then they moved and I was back to square one.

Unless you have suffered from noisy neighbours you can't possibly understand how it can affect you mentally.

I had a complete meltdown last weekend when another tenants drunken child arrived in the early hours of the morning and spent 4 hours banging on his parents door - too drunk to realise he was not actually in. The police didn't want to come out, too busy... If I'd confronted him, he would not have got out the building alive!

Like you I'm alone and quite isolated. The friends I do have often ask how things are, but these days I try and avoid taking about it because it feels neverending.

There used to be a very good online noisy neighbour forum, not sure if it still exists.
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 23rd Mar 19, 8:27 PM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 8,557 Thanks
    melanzana
    Gosh it sounds awful for a lot of you.

Please understand that I am only throwing out a suggestion here, but if you can afford them, would noise cancelling headphones help at all? There are brilliant headphones out there that connect to your tv and by bluetooth to your phone to listen to the radio and podcasts and so on.

It is just a suggestion that might give peace for a time, whilst the council etc. is investigating things from your side.
    • JamesTP
    • By JamesTP 17th May 19, 9:29 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JamesTP
    Hi Jimmy-boy,
    I have been facing a similar difficulty as you since moving into my flat 18 months ago. I would think twice about transferring if itís social housing? It's tenant led and the landlords only get involved at the last stage when you transfer tenure, so you have no guarantees of the environment you will be moving into. At best you have a 5-0:50 chance it will improve your situation One thing that surprises me in your case is that the council advised the tenant they would be installing recording equipment. By law they have to notify the tenants that itís an option if the complaints / noise continues, but they aren't supposed to give definite details. Clearly this would undermine the process and I would argue, if theyíve done so suggest their objectivity is in question.

What I've learnt over the years is that local authorities and social landlords are reluctant to deal with noise issues. The main difficulty is that if the tenants are dysfunctional especially where mental health and substance misuse are concerned, there is the cost of re-housing / homing them to consider, and they are just moving the problem on. Additionally itís practically impossible to manage other than by eviction. In cases where I have spoken to other sufferers, including one involving a flat being used for prostitution and drug dealing, it was only when the police got involved that it stopped. Another issue local authorities have to consider is the rights of the other tenant, especially if they have a medical condition.
    As you have reported the technology available for recording noise is only really effective where it is sustained for long periods and excessively loud, shouting, door slamming fighting and loud music etc. Everything else is considered every day domestic noise. You mentioned having a noise monitor recording. Another option you could ask for is for a professional witness to attend? Noise is graded 1-4, accordingly quite, ambient, very noisy & unbearable; I was told by a professional witness that unbearable was similar to someone using a pneumatic drill. Noise above level 3 is considered a breach. From what youíve said your problem may be insufficient to be considered a breach and even if it is the landlord / local authority may decide not to take action, as was the case in my experience.
    My situation started out as a noise issue but escalated and became quite sinister and had to do with the abuse of technology but I wasnít able to prove it, and the key to getting these issues resolved through the courts is evidence. As you can imagine it was an exhaustive and fruitless process. I put a great deal of my time, energy and money into it and it has cost me more in terms of my health and career; so I would seriously consider your options and maybe think out of the box and out of your comfort zone. In both of my situations the other tenants are what I would describe as highly unreasonable, so mediation of any kind is not on the cards. From what youíve said your neighbours are approachable and it doesnít come across as Ďtargeted harassmentí so that is already in your favour. I think your best option might be trying to work something out with them that works for you both. It may depend on how far you are willing to go.
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 12th Jun 19, 9:45 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    Thanks James for sharing your experiences and offering suggestions.

To be honest I feel like ive hit a brick wall and have kind of given up. I am in the situation I have described and also have a job which can be quite stressful, along with long hours and I am generally very unhappy there - these 2 things kind of feed each other : the lack of sleep, depression, anxiety etc... from my neighbours, then going to work and getting stressed with the job, long hours etc... I feel like I have been running on empty for a very long time and to the point where I seriously dont think i can sustain the two for much longer without having some sort of breakdown.

I am now seriously thinking of quitting work as this takes one area of stress away from me and MAY allow my blood pressure / stress levels to drop a little.

I dont know exactly what im going to do yet, i'll keep you posted
    • snilloct1957
    • By snilloct1957 12th Jun 19, 10:19 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    snilloct1957
    Hi Jimmy_Boy
    I haven't read all the threads but know enough about noisy neighbours to give you some hints. It's clear that this problem is very upsetting and affecting your life big time. It may be you need to involve your local councillor, as he/she can help as a liaison with the social housing provider. The Environment Protection Act 1990 can be a useful tool as it provides a legal framework for dealing with noise pollution, which is what you're suffering. I know, I've been there. In my case the council got right behind me and the problem was solved. The neighbour was a right s**thead who didn't consider anyone but themselves. They crossed a line and were dealt with by the landlord and the local council. I wish you all the best with your problem.
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 12th Jun 19, 10:26 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    Hey snilloct1957

I did get in touch with my councillor who got in touch with the council, but ultimately as far as anyone official is concerned, it just 'living noise' and goes nowhere. This is why I say ive kind of given up. Ive lost all my fight and dont feel like I have the energy to persue it at the moment as each turn I take leads to a brick wall / deaf ears.

Have considered moving out and renting my place out, but thats not without it's own problems.

As above, im considering quitting work to take away one big area of stress in my life, may see the doctor and see if I can get signed off for a period of time to try and get some rest (although as stated, this is difficult). Im unsure, but will update here on any future developments.

I must add... ive been heartened by the replies here, it makes a pleasant change from the usual trash talking forums.

Thanks.
    • onwards&upwards
    • By onwards&upwards 13th Jun 19, 6:22 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    onwards&upwards
    Hey snilloct1957

I did get in touch with my councillor who got in touch with the council, but ultimately as far as anyone official is concerned, it just 'living noise' and goes nowhere. This is why I say ive kind of given up. Ive lost all my fight and dont feel like I have the energy to persue it at the moment as each turn I take leads to a brick wall / deaf ears.

Have considered moving out and renting my place out, but thats not without it's own problems.

As above, im considering quitting work to take away one big area of stress in my life, may see the doctor and see if I can get signed off for a period of time to try and get some rest (although as stated, this is difficult). Im unsure, but will update here on any future developments.

I must add... ive been heartened by the replies here, it makes a pleasant change from the usual trash talking forums.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Boy

Iíd be really wary of giving up work, would that not mean you were spending all day in the flat and it might have you on edge 24/7 waiting for noise and make your mental state even worse?

Have you tried white noise at all? Even radio 4 or 5 live on constantly?
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 13th Jun 19, 9:18 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    Iíd be really wary of giving up work, would that not mean you were spending all day in the flat and it might have you on edge 24/7 waiting for noise and make your mental state even worse?

Have you tried white noise at all? Even radio 4 or 5 live on constantly?
    Originally posted by onwards&upwards
    I know, but it's getting too much now. I listen to white noise every night on headphones as it's the only thing which allows me to somewhat block out the noise and get to sleep, but as described previously this is now hurting my ears somewhat as I have been doing this now for at least 3 years.
    • onwards&upwards
    • By onwards&upwards 13th Jun 19, 6:23 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    onwards&upwards
    Don’t have it on headphones, have a radio or TV.
    • Jimmy_Boy
    • By Jimmy_Boy 13th Jun 19, 6:31 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Jimmy_Boy
    I find it ineffective without headphones on. Ive said it before, but the main issue I have is with what I describe as 'boom' sounds. Sounds that are probably around the 100Hz - 400Hz frequency. I can have the TV on really quite loud but I still hear those boom's. Ive also said before, I believe I am hyper-sensitive now due to the amount of time its gone on, so one could say that I am part of the problem now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,387Posts Today

6,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin