Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    Oh, maybe I did miss one then. Have sent a message to the researcher now anyway.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Yep, two attention checks, quite close together. Mine has just been accepted.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mines has been approved and there was definitely 2 attention check questions
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Was one about fish?
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Was one about fish?
    No but you've put me in the mood for a fish supper
    I must be hungry :rotfl:
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    allison445 wrote: »
    No but you've put me in the mood for a fish supper
    I must be hungry :rotfl:

Perhaps they were right to reject my submission! :o Please enjoy your supper, allison445.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Perhaps they were right to reject my submission! :o Please enjoy your supper, allison445.

Mine was rejected as well for the same reason. I remember ticking 4 instead of 5 very much and wanted to correct but it did not let me. How much money she saved with not paying us guys but still using the info?
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    Mine was rejected as well for the same reason. I remember ticking 4 instead of 5 very much and wanted to correct but it did not let me. How much money she saved with not paying us guys but still using the info?

I suspect they arent allowed to use your info....it would be interesting to find out from Prolific how they deal with that.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I suspect they arent allowed to use your info....it would be interesting to find out from Prolific how they deal with that.

I have mailed them the query:

Hi,
    I have a query - not relating to any specific study.
    If a researcher has rejected the study you have done - what happens to the data given to the researcher? Presumably they cannot use the data that has been given else they have to pay for it (otherwise it is in their interests to reject studies to gain more results) - so how do you ensure they do not do this?
    thanks,
    Mike

I will let you know if they respond.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • GreyAndGold
    GreyAndGold Posts: 738 Forumite
    I would say prolific can't do a thing to safe guard against abuse of that sort, studies are hosted on outside platforms so the collected data isn't under prolifics control.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback