Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• After first year interest drops from 2.35% to 1.35%. Anyone closed a/c after first year and opened new one within a week or so???? You cannot have more then one open but closing first one would get round this. I have another account with them to fulfill membership requirements. Any thoughts on this much appreciated.

From the T&C's I can't see anything that would stop this.

When did you open yours?

Assume you haven't made over two withdrawals?

Can I withdraw money?
    Providing a minimum balance of £10 remains, 2 withdrawals per calendar year can be made without notice or loss of interest.

Additional withdrawals are subject to the loss of 90 days interest on the amount withdrawn. Closure is subject to the loss of 90 days interest on the closing balance if 2 or more withdrawals have been made in the same year.

Withdrawals or closure can be made without notice and can be by cash (in branch only) and/or cheque (either in branch or by post). Transfers to another account with us can be made without notice.

Cash withdrawals are subject to a maximum limit of £500 per day.
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 614
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does anyone have the Nottingham Member Bond or Tigers Bond (both fixed for 3 years) - they both don't allow withdrawals but i'm wondering what if one wants to close the account down early? Is this possible and will it be reduced interest?
  • Opened late 2016. Think I will give it a go closing it then reopening new a/c. No withdrawals made so far
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Opened late 2016. Think I will give it a go closing it then reopening new a/c. No withdrawals made so far

Can you feedback the results please?

I'm in a similar position
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Just a heads up those who applied for the Monmouthshire saver but not received anything in the post. I called to enquire about mine and they had had some sort of problem with the printer so the form to be sent on the post wasn’t sent. It was sent first class today , person gave me her direct number in future should I need to call about anything , and was very apologetic . So if anybody thinks they’ve not heard in like a week plus since application may be worth contacting them.
    1882 Posts: 496
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Virgin Money RS 12 opened yesterday. About 15 mins to open in the branch and another 10 mins being shown around their lounge facilities which are extensive and very inviting. They did ask for ID despite my 7 online accounts but no matter.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,096
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1882 wrote: »
    Virgin Money

They did ask for ID despite my 7 online accounts but no matter.

They always will, it's automatic!
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,022
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    schiff wrote: »
    They always will, it's automatic!
    The staff must be operated by computer.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • I applied online on the Tuesday 14th August, application came in post on the Friday 17th, sent signed application back with chq on the 17th and registered for online banking. Monday 20th received online activation code plus user ID, logged in and can see that processed chq.

Very efficient compared to other companies.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,096
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The efficiency varies. I phoned this morning and was told that not only had they no trace of my application last Tuesday, they had no record of me on their system at all. I should make a fresh application online and they would look out for it to prioritise it.

Thirty minutes later and before doing anything further, my post arrived, including a pre-completed application form (which is nice) for me to sign and send back with my cheque in the FCP envelope enclosed (which is also nice). It even shows my eventual account number!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure