Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    • 125Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback
    • 17th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback 17th Nov 17 at 12:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 15-11-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Page 16
    • jube42
    • By jube42 15th Apr 19, 3:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jube42
    can't cancel switch!
    I requested a switch (via CheapEnergyClub) and it shows 'switch in progress' but nothing has happened and it's been weeks! I want to cancel the switch but can't find ANY way of contacting PurePlanet. this is the first interaction with this company and it's impossible. I'm not locked into a switch to a company that I can't contact to discuss how to cancel!
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 15th Apr 19, 4:05 PM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    nickcc
    I requested a switch (via CheapEnergyClub) and it shows 'switch in progress' but nothing has happened and it's been weeks! I want to cancel the switch but can't find ANY way of contacting PurePlanet. this is the first interaction with this company and it's impossible. I'm not locked into a switch to a company that I can't contact to discuss how to cancel!
    Originally posted by jube42
    The only way to contact PP is through their app, if you have a customer number then you can download the app, if not then it looks like you'll have to wait until they contact you with a customer number.
    • Benight
    • By Benight 15th Apr 19, 4:22 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    Benight
    No-one likes to complain, but sometimes things go wrong and they need to know when they do.

To raise a complaint, assuming you do not have the app yet, you can fill in the online form here:
    https://purepla.net/complaints

• PurePlanet
    Hi jube42
    If you're not up and running in the Pure Planet app and you haven't confirmed the switch in the app, then you haven't switched.
    Here's an FAQ from the PP community which may help.
    We're a digital-only supplier. No call centre. This helps us to keep our costs down and pass the savings on to our Members

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • w0z
    • By w0z 25th May 19, 4:38 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    w0z
    How to switch to Pure Planet
    I donít work for PP Iím just a satisfied customer.
    Looking at some of the posts I think it needs clarifying that the only way to switch to PP is by using the app on a smartphone or tablet. You can choose to switch on the mse website for the cashback but you wonít actually switch unless you load and use the app which is really easy to use.
    Communication with PP is either by help in the app, ask wattbot, where you can, if the auto replies donít help, send the PP staff a message, and/or you can join the only community at community.purpla.net, where both knowledgable members or staff will help. If the question is personal or account specific you can use help in the app or direct message in the community.
    So far a very positive experience.
    I would recommend having a look in the community if you have doubts or problems.
  • PurePlanet
    Manage your account in a web browser as well as the app
    Unfortunately, since this is only 'app' based, I won't be switching to PurePlanet. I don't want to conduct any of my financial affairs on a mobile phone.
    Originally posted by Sapphire
    Hi Blue Planet

Your deal looks very attractive, however, I don't wish to have a smart meter and I don't want to use your App.

Can I join Blue Planet and not use the App and smart meter?
    With kind regards
    Originally posted by TickersPlaysPop
    Glad I saw this, I came across pure planet on a comparison site yesterday and was intending to switch to them tomorrow, but hadn't realised they required you to install an app.

Will be going to my second choice instead.

Might be worth trying contacting your current supplier and see if they can block the transfer?
    Originally posted by Dangle
    Hey @Sapphire @TickersPlaysPop and @Dangle

Great news! You can now switch to Pure Planet and manage your account in a web browser as well as the Pure Planet app, so no need to download the app if you'd rather use web

You can just go to the Pure Planet website and click on the avatar in the top right corner to log in (once you've switched) and do the same things on web as you can do in the app.
    Last edited by PurePlanet; 03-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    Join and manage your account in a web browser as well as your app
    Thanks @w0z for the great advice to people switching to PP

Just an update for everyone that you can now also switch to Pure Planet and manage your account via a web browser if you'd prefer - so you don't need to download an app to switch!

Once you've switched you can log in to your account on the Pure Planet website

There's more info on this on our Community here
    Verified Company
    • thorganby
    • By thorganby 17th Jul 19, 12:10 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    thorganby
    Verified Company

Very unprofessional.

The rules do not permit you to post links to your website or to tout for business.
    • austriaviola
    • By austriaviola 31st Jul 19, 3:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    austriaviola
    App needed for Pure Planet energy
    Beware that Pure Planet energy state in their terms and conditions that you will have to download an app onto a smartphone or tablet to be able to use their service. I had to cancel my switch because they don't make an app available for Windows phones.
    • austriaviola
    • By austriaviola 31st Jul 19, 3:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    austriaviola
    App needed for Pure Planet energy
    Following my first post earlier, several posts say that the account can by run through a web browser rather than downloading the app. However, it still states clearly in the T&Cs that you need to download the app, and there is still no app available for Windows phones. There also doesn't appear to be any way of contacting the company through their website - no online chat, no email address, no phone number. I don't know why MSE didn't highlight these points in the search results (for energy deals).
  • PurePlanet
    Switching without the app
    Hey @austriaviola

Our terms and conditions say "For us to be a suitable supplier, you must have a smartphone or tablet running on a minimum operating system of iOS 9 or Android 5 (lollipop), or a suitable web browser"

So, you're absolutely able to switch to us without the app, by using web.

Once you switch to us you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' to chat with our Member Services team, and you can always post in our Community where other Members will give you plenty of advice
    Verified Company
    • Lisad1301
    • By Lisad1301 11th Aug 19, 6:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lisad1301
    Pure Planet - Variable Direct Debit
    Looked at the offer and decided to switch as there was a saving of £132 per year.
    What I wasnít aware of was the variable direct debit - lower in summer, higher in winter (meaning that at the time of the switch Iíd be facing months of paying more than I currently pay) - Iíd already bypassed one supplier who was cheaper as this is an approach that they practised - but had stated it in their information.
    Needless to say, I wonít be changing as I prefer my DDs to be the same amount throughout the year.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 11th Aug 19, 7:49 AM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    nickcc
    Just had my payments increased by about 30%, obviously not PP's fault as i under estimated my consumption as I didn't expect my Daughters return to the fold.
  • PurePlanet
    Hey @Lisad1301

As we don't have fixed term contracts or charge exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they switched. That's why we take a little less in the warmer months, and a little more in the cooler months.

We try to make the summer/winter split as clear as possible when switching to us, and also confirm it in peoples' welcome pack email when they switch.

We understand this won't suit everyone - if you do decide you'd be happy with a DD split in future, we'd love to welcome you to Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 12th Aug 19, 10:54 AM
    • 6,434 Posts
    • 2,783 Thanks
    roddydogs
    They are great, and so is the signing up bonus.
    • HappyHomie
    • By HappyHomie 12th Aug 19, 7:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HappyHomie
    Switching to Pure Planet was easy and smooth as I transferred over my mothers gas and electric supply.

However within 2 weeks of transfer my mother was hospitalised and in for four weeks. After this she had to enter a care home and basically long story short declined and had to permanently stay in a home. We had a few hairy months with her in and out of hospital different care homes, etc.

So when I finally attempted to contact Pure Planet with letters from hospital, care home, etc what a nightmare.

They are totally digital so no-one to speak with and explain the situation. The community forum was only place to try and find guidance which wasn't easy. Their chat bot is super slow and very annoying as doesn't respond immediately (based on LPOA, dementia, care home, queries) so when you get a response the following day you have to start all over again.

Long and short I managed to cancel the contract but they did not refund any money for the 6 months the house was empty and just didn't engage in correspondence.

Guess they are great as long as you don't need any support. Personally would never go to a fully digital supplier again.
    Last edited by HappyHomie; 12-08-2019 at 7:55 PM. Reason: typos
  • PurePlanet
    Hi @HappyHomie

Sorry to hear about your situation and that you weren't happy with the communication you received. If WattBot isn't able to help you can type 'message the team' to chat with one of our Member Services team instead, and they reply within 1 working day of the message.

If you have readings from the final date for the property we'd be able to send a new final statement using these. If the usage was lower than estimated we'd then be able to refund any remaining credit in the account.

Thanks for your feedback about WattBot, we'll use this to improve his responses around those issues in future.
    Verified Company
    • ccfcid
    • By ccfcid 22nd Aug 19, 8:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ccfcid
    Hi,

I am moving home in a few months but my current tarrif ends with E.ON in 3 weeks so we are looking to switch now to Pure Planet. Can I switch now to Pure Planet and transfer the tariff to my new house or which would be the best way to do it? Thanks
  • PurePlanet
    Hey @ccfcid
    Great to hear you want to switch to Pure Planet!

You can of course switch to Pure Planet.
    Whenever you move house, you inherit whoever already supplies the property.

So - when you move out, you just let us know your move out info and your account is closed to that date. Then, when you move in to your new home you can choose to switch to Pure Planet for that property. You'd just need to pay whoever previously supplied the property from when you moved in, to when you switch to Pure Planet.

We have FAQs about this which may help explain further!
    Verified Company
    • LenL
    • By LenL 22nd Aug 19, 3:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LenL
    App based
    Hi...I began the switch process to Pure Planet just fine...however it was not clear when deciding to switch that Pure Planet is set up as a web page and an app only...and it is not possible to fluently ring customer services or email directly to discuss any issues.
    I was able to generate some dialogue with them using the complaints section on their app...and I had a helpful response by email.
    Really I do feel it is important to underline ..under the auspices of the Energy Saving Club.. the way a company is set up...call centre...web page led or app.... Not everyone is comfortable with not easily being able to speak with someone or email directly.
    I feel Pure Planet is a good company...but sadly not for me...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,865Posts Today

8,106Users online

Martin's Twitter