Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skintmumof3
    • By skintmumof3 8th Nov 17, 6:54 PM
    • 782Posts
    • 2,490Thanks
    skintmumof3
    0 WOW
    Best place to buy Nespresso compatible pods
    • 8th Nov 17, 6:54 PM
    0 WOW
    Best place to buy Nespresso compatible pods 8th Nov 17 at 6:54 PM
    I have been given an Nespresso coffee maker.....and wondered where is the best/cheapest place to buy compatible pods.

Also trying to decipher the Italian on the pods....which is basically the nicest one...usually I just like kenco..lol and where to buy a variety with chocolate ones etc...

TIA
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 8th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,888 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 8th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    I have been given an Nespresso coffee maker.....and wondered where is the best/cheapest place to buy compatible pods.

Also trying to decipher the Italian on the pods....which is basically the nicest one...usually I just like kenco..lol and where to buy a variety with chocolate ones etc...

TIA
    Originally posted by skintmumof3
    Aldi and LIDl sell their own brand. 10 for 1.69. Limited choice. But I like 'em.

Tesco etc sell Cafepod. Cafepod have their own website. 10 for 2.75 or so unless there's a deal. Or you buy in bulk direct.

Amazon and eBay have various alternatives. 20p a pod or so is doable. Not tried any yet.

Whatever you do, don't buy actual Nespresso pods from either Amazon or eBay sellers. They are cheaper on Nespresso.com. The little scammers want 50p a pod!

Don't know about ' chocolate ones'. I know that Nespresso do chocolate. But I'm only interested in class A caffeine.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 8th Nov 17, 7:44 PM
    • 9,550 Posts
    • 13,980 Thanks
    meer53
    • 8th Nov 17, 7:44 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 7:44 PM
    Personally, nothing beats the genuine Nespresso pods. I've tried the Aldi/Lidl/Cafepod ones, for me, none of them are as good as the Nespresso ones. They work out at about 30p ish each, cheap for a nice coffee.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 9th Nov 17, 5:01 AM
    • 16,900 Posts
    • 23,888 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 9th Nov 17, 5:01 AM
    • 9th Nov 17, 5:01 AM
    Personally, nothing beats the genuine Nespresso pods. I've tried the Aldi/Lidl/Cafepod ones, for me, none of them are as good as the Nespresso ones. They work out at about 30p ish each, cheap for a nice coffee.
    Originally posted by meer53
    Yes. Some of the Nespresso pods are pretty damn good. Kazaar and Dharkan for example. But that's my opinion. Nespresso.com prices are between 31p and 39p per pod. And you need to order 200 capsules to get free delivery. Of course you my have a Nespresso Boutique (aka a 'shop') nearby.

31p per pod is certainly cheaper (and possibly better) than getting one from Costa. But 17p per pod is a lot less, and man does not live by fillet steak alone.
    • happybunny86
    • By happybunny86 19th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 2,090 Thanks
    happybunny86
    • 19th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    • 19th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    Asda do some extra special ones and some Taylor’s of Harrogate which are nice
    Pay off Debts by Christmas 2015 = DEBT FREE!
    • DonnaElmore
    • By DonnaElmore 15th May 19, 6:21 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    DonnaElmore
    • 15th May 19, 6:21 AM
    • 15th May 19, 6:21 AM
    You can try local shops or those online sellers. There are thousands out there, and I can’t point out the best one since they differ in so many things like the brand and types of pods they sell. But if you want an easy way to find a coffee pod seller, I suggest that you check out online. Honestly, it just took me less than an hour to find a seller who offers several products (coffee and hot chocolate pods) I’m looking for. Visiting local shops can be time-consuming and tiring as you might have to jump from one store to another. Anyway, hope this helps.
    “The happier you are the more beautiful you become.”
    • bargainbetty
    • By bargainbetty 17th May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 3,108 Posts
    • 7,163 Thanks
    bargainbetty
    • 17th May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 17th May 19, 12:32 PM
    Amazon sell Eden pods and there is a company called Moving Beans online - both of them sell compostable pods. Much better than the aluminium or plastic pods.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!
    MFW - Joined May 2012, aiming to cut the mortgage by an extra two months every year. (Overpaid £3000 so far)
    , only 11 years to go.

• MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 6th Jun 19, 7:52 PM
    • 2,242 Posts
    • 2,830 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    • 6th Jun 19, 7:52 PM
    • 6th Jun 19, 7:52 PM
    If you are a member of Costco they have a 2 week £5 off discount on Dualit Nespresso compatible pods starting 10th June. Either Intense or Lungo

120 pods for £14.99

Haven't tried them so can't comment on taste/quality.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 7th Jun 19, 4:50 AM
    • 843 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    PLRFD
    • 7th Jun 19, 4:50 AM
    • 7th Jun 19, 4:50 AM
    They are excellent.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 17th Jun 19, 11:35 AM
    • 10,654 Posts
    • 9,539 Thanks
    prowla
    The Nespresso ones are probably the best.
    Cru Kafe ones are nearly as good as Nespresso's own.
    Starbucks ones are pretty good.
    Tesco own brand ones are quite good, but they seem to be a bit too densely packed so my machine struggles.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 23rd Jun 19, 6:37 PM
    • 10,933 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    deanos
    Amazon's own range are pretty good £8.23 for 100 or £7.41 on subscribe and save

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=nespresso+solimo&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
    • jessica williams
    • By jessica williams 11th Jul 19, 9:56 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    jessica williams
    i think the best place to buy from is amazon because they have many items
    • Helpfulmum
    • By Helpfulmum 13th Aug 19, 3:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Helpfulmum
    Have you tried the Novell Coffee Compostables? They're Nespresso machine compatible and they're very good! Delicious blends and the compostable blends are easy eco-friendly swaps!
    • foomanchu
    • By foomanchu 23rd Aug 19, 8:59 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    foomanchu
    Having tried pretty much every pod available (including a few fancy mail order only pods) my personal favorite was actually Starbucks specifically Kenya ones. They cost the same as Nespresso mind. Cheaper pods are sometimes a false economy as I'd need a couple to get a strong enough coffee. Anyway I got sick of the pod waste and bought a DeLongie bean to cup, using Lavazza Qualità Rossa - beans I find it better in every way, better taste, cheaper, more consistent.
    • Money_Man_Steve
    • By Money_Man_Steve 10th Sep 19, 5:38 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 5,317 Thanks
    Money_Man_Steve
    I’ve also been given a secondhand Nespresso machine and am looking at cheaper capsule options, as I’m used to my DeLonghi bean-to-cup machine.

It’s worth looking at Groupon and Living Social (probably Wowcher too) as these can often be combined with cashback (Groupon also qualifies for Airtime Rewards if you pay with a Mastercard!)

I’ve also seen refillable pods on Groupon which have a flip-up lid; you can fill them with finely ground coffee, and they are apparently reusable up to 50 times each.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 11th Sep 19, 6:07 AM
    • 843 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    PLRFD
    I think the Nespresso will be a big downward step from your bean to cup machine.
    • KatherineGDavis
    • By KatherineGDavis 20th Oct 19, 10:14 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KatherineGDavis
    nespresso macines and capsules
    I think roastycoffee and bestbuyerguides has great collection of best nespresso machine and capsules from amazon, blckfriday is comming you can get maximum discount on blackfrida
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 21st Oct 19, 7:13 AM
    • 7,419 Posts
    • 10,794 Thanks
    surfsister
    b and m has cheap capsules 75p for 10 and they are fine for everyday use. I look anywhere i| go and often pick them up in TK Max in coffee area or sometimes the bargain food area much reduced.

Lidl/Aldi do them not sure as to quality.

Tip the coffee is not always so hot and we always warm the cup before with boilng water and hot milk helps too.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 21st Oct 19, 11:14 AM
    • 843 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    PLRFD
    My machine is long in the bin but I remember the coffee in pods from Home Bargains B&M etc was usually fine,it was the pods that caused problems for me some would struggle to put water through others flooded the machine.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

5,824Users online

Martin's Twitter